Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Paleo Planet: Primal Foods from The Global Kitchen, with More Than 125 Recipes Paperback – November 3, 2015
|New from||Used from|
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Korean Beef with Cucumber & Shiitake Mushrooms from Paleo Planet
Yield: 2 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cooking a cucumber may seem strange, but it really works in this dish. The crisp-tender cucumber, meaty shiitake mushrooms, and marinated beef are a great team. A double dose of sesame—toasted sesame oil and toasted crushed sesame seeds—gives this stir-fry great flavor.
1. Place the meat in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes, then slice it as thinly as possible across the grain.
2. Combine the garlic, coconut aminos, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and cayenne in a medium-size bowl. Add the steak and toss to coat well. Let the meat marinate at room temperature while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and slice into half moons about ½ inch thick.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the white and light green parts of the scallions and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the shiitake mushrooms and toss until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms and scallions to a plate.
5. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon ghee to the pan and raise the heat to high. Stir-fry the beef until almost cooked through, about 1 minute. Return the mushrooms and scallions to the pan, add the cucumber, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the beef is fully cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve hot, topped with the toasted crushed sesame seeds and the dark green parts of the scallions.
I like the look of a zebra-striped cucumber, so I use my vegetable peeler to remove lengthwise strips of peel about ½ inch wide, leaving about ½ inch of peel in between the stripes. It’s just for aesthetics, so you can peel the whole thing if you prefer.
- 8 ounces rump steak.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil.
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar.
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt.
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more to taste.
- 1 medium cucumber, partly peeled (see Recipe Tip).
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil.
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white/light green and dark green parts separated.
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced.
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted white sesame seeds.
"This is the paleo cookbook adventurous eaters have been waiting for! Becky adapted dishes from around the world to work within the paleo template without sacrificing their distinctive flavors." - Melissa Joulwan, author of Well Fed and Well Fed 2
About the Author
Becky is a food photographer, recipe developer, and cookbook author who shares creative paleo and gluten-free recipes on her blog, A Calculated Whisk. Becky's first cookbook, Paleo Planet, is available for preorder now and includes internationally-inspired paleo meals, desserts, sauces, spice blends, and more. Becky enjoys searing short ribs, chopping chocolate, photographing fruit, and salting desserts. She believes there is never enough bacon. Becky lives in Chattanooga with her fiancé and his cat.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 75%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Moroccan beef recipe alone is worth the price of admission (and adapts very well to the Instant Pot, and also goes really well with cauliflower rice) - we've made that one about four times now. It's still whoa-level, I-know-my-wife-will-be-asking-me-to-make-this-again-in-a-week-or-so delicious every time.
Honestly, this cookbook is worth having whether or not you're eating paleo. It's an ambitious, diverse, great little assortment of internationally-styled cuisine with easy-to-find ingredients that are also pretty simple and fast to make, and so far Becky Winkler hasn't steered us wrong once in the flavor department.
I love the layout of this book. Each section is color coded and every recipe has a picture.
No picture of the cut shortbread because it didn't last long enough. Will definitely be makeing this recipie again!!!
Most recent customer reviews
Con: No nutrition info or macros
Am I going to put in the whole...Read more