Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on September 2, 2017
Pretty much what we expected. Several good recipes. It helps to get a couple of books as you shift to this lifestyle. I was vegan already, but the paleo part takes an adjustment. Worth it though!
on October 12, 2015
simply written and beautifully photographed meals that will satisfy anyone. easy to follow recipes and a glossary for many ingredients. a great way to try new flavors and a good tool for discovering how delicious vegan can be.
on May 13, 2016
The Paleo threw me off. Soy beans? Peanuts? Tofu? Tempeh? None of these things belong in a paleo cookbook. Vegan, fine. Don't call it paleo please!
on June 17, 2015
Buyer beware. As other reviewers indicate, this book has far too many "cheat" recipes to be useful to someone attempting to stick to a paleo diet. Apart from the overly intricate recipes this book is adequate as an ordinary vegan cookbook but the "paleo" advertising in the title is misleading.
on November 12, 2015
Giving one star because I can't give less. This is really misleading it has nothing to do with eating paleo at all. Includes soy lentils and grains which are all big no no's.
on June 25, 2014
Excellent book best pictures. For any kind of person who is a conscientious eater. Great. Great base too for any kind of cooking
on April 26, 2015
I would recommend this book to anyone trying to live a healthier lifestyle and feel good while doing it đź’•
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2014
I have a wheat allergy, so I have found that following a paleo/primal/PHD leaves me feeling much better and with a lot more energy. However, the devil is in the details. There have been so many great diets that people have taken to the extreme and it has, effectively, ruined their credibility. For example, both Paleo and low carb (such as Atkins) started with the right approach. Then someone came along and said that you could eat all the bacon that you want and the health aspects fall apart.
No matter what diet program you choose, it will only be healthy if you eat more fresh produce and healthy fats and reduce the amount of processed foods. There is just no way around it. So Paleo is an extremely healthy way to eat if you don't eat 10 lbs of meat and 1/2 lb of vegetables a day. That is why I love this book.
I just can not be totally vegan...I have tried and my body just does not do well on it. But I love vegetables and it is hard to find vegetable recipes that use healthy fats and no grains. This is the answer to my prayers. If I want to eat vegan, I can. If I want to add a piece of fish or an egg, that is the easy part. Either way, it is healthy and delicious.
The recipes are amazing and creative. I have so many that I want to try. Mixed berries with berry puree and lemon verbena; fruit salad with blueberry almond cream sauce; curried pumpkin soup, baby kale salad with balsamic-braised mushrooms; mustard greens with ginger blackberry vinaigrette; arugula with grapefruit reduction and hazelnuts; cauliflower tabouli; artichokes stuffed with quinoa, olives and capers; butternut squash with hazelnuts; stuffed acorn squash; ginger chocolate tart in a raw crust. YUM YUM YUM!!!
This book also has a short but thorough description of Paleo in the front that is also very good if you are new to the Paleo movement. All in all, a really great idea with solid execution. Thank you!!!!!
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2014
Dandelion salad and dressing is wonderful. I make as often as possible.
on June 11, 2014
I am loving all the recipes in the Paleo Vegan. These types of ingredients and variety really make a difference in my personal
digestion. I have to be really careful with some grains etc, so this is perfect! Love Ellen Jaffe Jones :-)