- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 4.4 x 0.4 inches ; 3.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002VPE1CK
- Item model number: Palm Pixi P120
- Average Customer Review: 89 customer reviews Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Palm Pixi P120, Black (Sprint)
- 3G-enabled smartphone with intuitive Palm webOS platform, touchscreen and full QWERTY keyboard; easy integration with Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and more
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Network via EV-DO connectivity; GPS turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation; Sprint TV enabled; download music from Amazon MP3 Store
- 8 GB internal memory; 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; access to personal and corporate email
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Palm Pixi features a sleek bar style design. Some of the main features on the smartphone are GPS, polyphonic ringtones, Bluetooth compatibility, USB port, touch screen, email access, MMS and SMS text messaging, MP3 player, and a 2 megapixel camera. The Pixi operates on Palm's WebOS platform, has great multimedia features, excellent sound quality, and QWERTY keyboard for an enhanced typing experience.
The thinnest Palm mobile phone yet, the Palm Pixi for Sprint is a smartphone that's designed to be easy to use and light in your pocket. In addition to high-speed connectivity via Sprint's dependable 3G network (EVDO Rev. A.), a vibrantly colorful touchscreen and full QWERTY keyboard, the Pixi features the instinctively useable Palm webOS platform. With Palm webOS, you can keep multiple activities open and move easily between them--like flipping through a deck of cards, using natural gestures. This allows for easy movement between messaging and e-mail or searching the Web while listening to music, and items are rearranged simply by dragging them.
The Palm Pixi features the Palm webOS platform, a strikingly thin design, touchscreen-enabled display, and visible full QWERTY keyboard.
- Linked contacts -- A single view that links contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever.
- Layered calendars -- Calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view, combining work, family, friends, sports teams or other interests, and the user can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging -- See all the conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, including MMS, even if it started in IM and switched to reply with text messaging. The user can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts or e-mail, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
The phone's full QWERTY keyboard puts it all at your fingertips, and the multi-touch screen lets you move back and forth between open applications using natural gestures. The unique removable back cover is rubberized, making it scratch-resistant, slip-resistant and durable.
You'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service as well as access to Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Other features include 8 GB of internal memory, 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Organize your work and social life by integrating calendars, contacts, instant messaging and social network sites.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV–DO, Rev A network
- Palm's webOS platform lets you manage multiple applications at a time, unlike any other mobile platform today. It lets you keep multiple activities open and instantly flip from one to another using card view.
- Linked contacts: With Palm Synergy, you maintain a single view by linking your contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever. For example, if you have the same contact listed in your Outlook, Google and Facebook accounts, Synergy recognizes that they're the same person and links the information together, presenting it to you as one listing.
- Layered calendars: Palm Synergy lets you see your calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view--combining work, family, friends, sports teams, or other interests. You can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging: See all your conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, even if it started in IM and you want to reply with a text message. You can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Combined e-mail: Check your Outlook e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Get wireless e-mail access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo! All your e-mail accounts can be viewed together, or separately from one simple application. Synergy even lets you see IM presence directly from an e-mail.
- Universal search: Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it's easier to find what you need.
The Palm webOS offers the ability to keep multiple applications open at once with "activity cards," so you can do more than one thing without losing your place.
Palm Pixi has the ability to pull in your online calendars from places like Facebook, Google and Office Outlook and layer them into one view of your whole day.
Each person's contact information is pulled in from places like Facebook, Google, Microsoft Office Outlook, and LinkedIn, and combined under one entry.
- Unobtrusive notifications: When important things come up or new updates arrive, you'll receive notifications at the bottom of your screen. You will know what is going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
- GPS for built-in location: Find things to do and people around you, right from where you're standing--like a nearby place for dinner after a late client meeting, or the closest bar where you can meet up with friends. You can even look up an address for a contact or from a calendar event, and map the location simply by tapping it. The Palm Pixi includes the Google Maps application on the phone, and it's also compatible with Sprint Navigation for turn-by-turn directions, and points of interest searches.
- 2.63-inch multi-touch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color 320 x 400 resolution TFT display. Gesture area enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation.
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor: An accelerometer automatically orients web pages and photos to your perspective so you can view them in landscape or portrait mode. Watch videos in landscape mode as well. The proximity sensor automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display whenever you put the phone up to your ear.
- Exposed QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- 2-megapixel camera with a flash and extended depth of field technology. Other features include auto exposure, auto white balance, and geotagging capabilities.
- 8 GB internal memory (non-expandable) with approximately 7 GB user available memory. Palm Pixi also works as a USB drive when plugged into a PC. You can simply drag and drop your PC media and documents onto the device.
- Amazon MP3 Store enables you to download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Incredibly fast web browser brings you full websites the way they were meant to be seen
- Voice dialing capabilities
- Organizer tools including calendar, notes, voice memo, tasks, calculator
- Ringer switch easily silences the device with one touch
- Browse the App Catalog from your phone and download apps right over the air. Choose from a variety of titles designed for Palm webOS, many of which work together with other apps on the phone. Find apps like OpenTable, Yelp, or WHERE, just to name a few... and new ones are being added all the time.
- Palm Services automatically backs up your phone so you have a copy of your important data. You can also remotely erase your data if your phone is lost or stolen. And you get software updates that make it easy to stay up to date with the latest enhancements.
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Wireless charging: While Palm Pixi comes with a charger included in the box, Palm's optional Touchstone charging dock can recharge the Pixi's batteries without connecting any cords to it. The first inductive charging solution for phones, the Palm Touchstone, along with the Touchstone compatible back cover (both sold separately), allows Palm Pixi to be set on top of the dock without worrying about connection, orientation or fit. The device remains active while charging, allowing access to the touch screen, movies or video, or the speakerphone option.
The Palm Pixi weighs 3.26 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.17 x 0.43 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Palm Pixi handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Easy to use
-GREAT simplified calendar
-SMS format/layout is easy, simple and cute
-Touch works well
-Fast internet connection(compared to the slug BB speed) even without WiFi
-Buttons are softer plastic, easier to type on even though they are small
-Fun way of exiting apps, flick them off the screen
-Battery lasts about 1.5 days for me. Med-moderate use, texting, phone calls, reading news between classes and checking email.
-App catalog is lacking
-->Fewer free apps,
-Restart takes about 5 mins
-Menu/phone operating takes some getting used to
-Few options as far as customization of phone settings, like back-light, font, notifications, menu style, email notification.
-I can't figure out how to delete preloaded Sprint apps, (about 10) they clutter my menus.
-NO SPELL CHECK, AT ALL
-->I've looked. No update, no patch, nothing to help out a poor speller like myself. Has 'auto correct', changes abbreviations to full words.. Not very helpful.
-->I downloaded a free dictionary app to check myself, still a major inconvenience
-100% happier with this simple, intuitively designed little phone than I was with my BB Bold. Pros far outweigh cons for me, even with the HUGE mistake of not including spell check. Wish I would have gotten this on the first place!
I've had the phone for...Four days now and the only thing I can say is be careful with the touchscreen, I had it in my back pocket for a while (I had not even sat down) and when I took it back out of my pocket the touchscreen was shattered! This was my own error for putting it in my pocket knowing the screen was fragile like a lot of touchscreens. BE AWARE. Be careful with the touchscreen!
I will break down this review into the pros and cons of the Palm Pixi. Please note that this review is comparing the phone to all other phones, not a comparison between the Pre. This is for people who want to know how the phone is as a phone.
*Thin, sleek candy bar design.
-The phone has an excellent look and feel to it. It is light yet still feels strong and durable. Plus the back is rubberized giving it great grip in your hand or anywhere you place it.
-Multitasking, applications, synchronization with all your accounts, WebOS offers many features that make you question how you ever survived without it. The two really great features of WebOS, multitasking and synchronization, should be enough incentive alone to purchase this phone. Being able to check my email, open a link from said email into a new tab, proceed to shop on the web, then switch over to my messaging window and chat with someone while listening to music is simply stunning. Plus having my contacts list automatically update with my Gmail and Facebook contacts is a huge help. I could go on and on but I wont. WebOS is it, the future of mobile phone operating systems.
-This is just a personal preference but I love qwerty keyboards. That being said some qwerty boards are less than desirable. This keyboard may seem small but I have found very little issue using it. The buttons are raised at the perfect height, giving you nice separation between the phone itself and the keys. They also have a comfortable feel to them, providing a very satisfying click when pressed. Nice layout and design and definitely deserves kudos.
-The touch screen is detailed, vibrant, and most of all, very responsive. The screen looks great and performs very well.
-The phone allows you to sync with iTunes and download your music. The music player is basic but performs very well. It also supports videos in mp4 as well as streaming sources like Youtube.
*Other Smartphone Features
-This phone offers Web Browsing, Youtube, Amazon MP3 Store, Sprint GPS Services, Palm Application Catalog, and Sprint TV.
*Mini USB Plug
-There is a flap protecting the place where you plug the phone in to charge, transfer data, etc. This flap is very difficult to open up.
*Boot Up Time
-This phone takes several minutes to boot up. This is mildly annoying if you have to turn the phone off because you will then have to wait around 3 minutes to boot it back up.
-There are some minor bugs with WebOS. With each update they seem to make improvements but bugs still do exist. I've noticed that there have been a couple occasions where my phone has been off even though I did not power it down. When I boot it back up the battery life is fine making question what the deal is. Also when watching videos and you receive a text or phone call, the phone experiences some serious slow down and delay.
As far as performing the basic phone duties it does very well. Call sound quality is good, not exceptional, but definitely good. Also the clarity of the microphone is very good as well, no complaints when speaking to other people. The speaker phone is fairly loud yet doesn't sacrifice the quality at all. The battery life is quite sufficient in my opinion. With moderate usage, several phone calls, intermittent texting, and some web surfing, I found the phone's battery life lasts around two days.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a new phone and wants to venture into the smartphone market. This phone is sleek and provides some truly awesome features. The Pixi has some flaws but no phone is perfect, we all know that. If you take into account all the features along with the price ($24.99), this phone is simply unbeatable.