- Hardcover: 397 pages
- Publisher: TPS; 1 edition (November 17, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131463414
- ISBN-13: 978-3131463418
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 1 x 10.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #825,440 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Palpation Techniques: Surface Anatomy for Physical Therapists 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
I have used a number of palpation references, but this one is the most useful.-- "Doody's"
From the Back Cover
Students who desire to become competent in palpation as well as experienced clinicians who seek a strong review of palpation will find this text an excellent learning resource. --Christopher Hughes, PhD, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
This lavishly illustrated guide to palpation techniques provides readers with a solid understanding of topographic anatomy using clear, step-by-step descriptions that teach how to first identify, and then distinguish between, the various body structures.
Full-color photographs feature models with detailed drawings of muscles, bones, and tendons sketched directly onto their skin, indicating exactly where and how to palpate. Complementary color drawings show the functional significance of each anatomic region.
- In-depth coverage of the entire body -- upper extremities, lower extremities, and the head and trunk -- all in one comprehensive volume
- Over 850 full-color photographs and illustrations enhance the text, making it especially useful for the visual learner
- Easy-to-reference text boxes contain tips and tricks, including advice on finger placement, pressure application levels, and more
- Study questions at the end of each chapter aid readers in self-assessment and review of the material
Palpation Techniques: Surface Anatomy for Physical Therapists will enable students and practitioners of physical therapy or osteopathy to develop their anatomic knowledge and optimize patient care.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are a lot of picture and description of muscles, bones, tendons, nerves, etc... and it shows evaluation technics which is really practical.
I love this book!