Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 575 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 687 reviews
on January 21, 2012
I eat ALOT of food bars. I work,go to school,complete my ADL's, and well....I am just too lazy to cook and sometimes feed myself. These are one of THEEE BEST bars I have had. I don't have to make part of my exercise routine chewing these things, AND they tast NORMAL. No mediciney,vitaminey stench at all, only 180 calories and I can power one down in 90 seconds.
on October 18, 2013
I prefer the Oat Chocolate Chip Coconut but I'm a chocolate person. These are still very good. The lemon is subtle and the blueberries taste like they were added in the batter fresh, not dehydrated.
on February 8, 2014
Until I found Pamela's Products, I was convinced all gluten free food was dry, hard, and/or tasteless. I have used several of her products, and these Whenever Bars are one of my favorites. They are very tastey and soft. The coconut and chocolate flavors are just right and they are not overly sweet.
on July 29, 2016
Got these for a snack to help go gluten-free, or at least lower gluten and crappy processed food. I had looked on the ingredients, and the dietary stats were not that impressive for a protein bar, but excellent for a whole food healthy snack.

I opened a box, and at 1st was disappointed in the small size. Then I took a bite. Oh my, VERY tasty little thing! Unfortunately, I wanted 3 more...

Pros:
-Great flavor
-healthy mix of trendy and actually nutritious ingredients
-small size, so light on the calories

Cons:
-small size and great flavor (see above) so I wanted to eat a whole box
-not a meal replacement, only a snack size
-chia seeds get stuck in my teeth - honestly
on April 5, 2016
I have had a subscribe and save order for two cases of these every month for many months now. While I chose today to discontinue that, I still love the bars when they are fresh. A case that I ordered months ago had an expiration date of this November. That was great! But both cases that were sent to me on June 28, 2016 had an expiration date of July 10, 2016. I did not notice this until I contacted the manufacturer today. The expiration date is very difficult to find. It is an indention on the bottom of the box, rather than in ink printed on the box. Before noticing this issue, we had thrown out several of the bars in the case since many or as hard as a brick and inedible. The second case went back today. This is a great tasting bar. But only when it is fresh.
on August 2, 2016
My newly diagnosed celiac son LOVES these and we call them his "emergency rations". It's been a big adjustment in learning his gluten-free life, but these have been a life-saver for when he's going into unchartered territory in not knowing whether somewhere is gluten-free friendly (i.e. school, friends' houses, youth group, field trips, sporting events, etc.). He's 15 and can fend for himself but we were shocked how difficult it was in some places (the mall, movies, weddings, etc.--note: this was when we were explicitly avoiding restaurant land mines) to get this "always hungry" guy something that was safe to eat.
I wish they had a better nutritional stats because they're basically cookies, but at least he found something that isn't gritty cardboard (that's how he describes most of his gf options that we'd tried). Could you add some protein?
on September 27, 2014
Awesome! I found these in my local grocery store and bought a box to try them. They are yummy! They taste like a soft cookie. I can taste the chocolate chips and the coconut. I didn't want to drive 30 minutes to the store to get more or pay their prices. So I checked Amazon and yup...they are cheaper here. I bought the six boxes. I shared one with my doctor who said he loves them as well. I am gluten sensitive and am allergic to milk casein. This does not give me a rash or upset my stomach in any way. The package does say that there may be a trace of milk casein since they have chocolate chips but these are fine for me.

Update: I got my subscription at the end of June and they updated the packaging (not the box but the actual wrapper around the bar). It looks great! The recipe may have slightly changed and I really taste the natural oats. Yum! I eat these daily. I have probably purchased several hundred packages and I still love them. They don't make me sick and almost all pre-made items do at this point. They are soft without crumbling all over you when you eat them. I would HIGHLY recommend these bars.

PLEASE make a banana bread type of bar. I'd love that! :)
on December 19, 2015
These are light and cakey, like a cross between a cookie & a muffin, ^ they taste wonderful! They fill you up, too. They are not dry at all as many 'bars' are - these really seem like a whole other animal! Liike a treat that happens to have good ingredients. I love the little (soft) bits of dried fruit in it - again not too chewy, tender fruit bits... & the 'cookie' part of the bar does have some chewiness, so that helps you feel satisfied... ^ anyway one bar will sate you for a time, & taste delightful all the while!
on April 24, 2017
So glad I stumbled across these. A home baked soft bread type texture with the nuts added a bit of crunch. The lemon is barely noticeable and the blueberries seem to be fresh and not frozen.
on March 24, 2016
My husband and I love Pamela's Whenever Bars. Started with the Oat Chocolate Chip Coconut (LOVE!) and recently started buying the Oat Blueberry Lemon (also love!). These are not breakfast bars, they are snack bars, and that's what we use them for. Instead of reaching for cookies or chocolate, I grab a Whenever Bar. The Oat Blueberry Lemon have a subtle lemon flavor, which I like. The bars are rather small and kind of expensive for what you get (which is why I give 4 stars instead of 5), so these are more a treat and not an everyday snack. If it weren't for the cost and the calories I'd eat several of these a day (and I sometimes do).