Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pampers Baby Dry Extra Protection Diapers Super Pack, Size 6, 54 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

VINE VOICEon January 2, 2014
Size: 4|Style Name: Baby Dry|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We were having some capacity issues at night, so we decided to give the Extra Protection diapers a shot. These diapers do, indeed, absorb more liquid than our absolute favorite diapers, Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus 162 Count. However, beyond the crib, they lose their luster. One day we ran out of Swaddlers and had to use the Extra Protections as our daytime diaper, and, somewhat paradoxically, we had leak issues. I suppose the Extra Protections, while high in capacity, are not designed for the rigors of daytime squirming. I can't really dock the Extra Protections any stars for daytime leaks because the fact is that they do serve their advertised purpose: "Absorbent enough to last all night."

When we bumped up to the next diaper size, our nighttime capacity issues were resolved even with the Swaddlers. Due to the relative difficulty of keeping two different types of diapers fully stocked, and the general all-purpose superiority of the Swaddlers, we now devote all of our diaper dollars to the multi-discipline diaper champ, Pampers Swaddlers. Of course, as our big guy gets bigger, we may run into nighttime leaks, and I might come crawling back for a little Extra Protection.

The bottom line is that they work; just don't expect them to serve as an all-occasion solution.
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 4, 2013
Pampers name is well known, and there’s a reason for that. Even extensive ads would not help if the product was bad. Pampers does the job. Cleans up the job; if you will.

We are grandparents that have learned to keep diapers handy. Don’t take that the wrong way. When the grand-kids come, they usually have enough along in the diaper bag, but… Once in a while our cupboard stock is called upon. Extra Protection Pampers last longer in the daytime too.

We have found that keeping the Extra Protection available helps with all cases. Seldom does the little ones stay overnight, but when they are leaving late and will likely drop off to sleep in the car; it’s an advantage to get them set with overnight protection.

This large economy size box, the only way to buy diapers if you can since quantity buying is usually cheapest, have the supply wrapped in plastic inside the box, but half in one bag and half in another. Keeps them fresher, cleaner, longer. We can keep one half at our house and help the kids out by sending the other half home with them to use. They like the capacity holding capability that lets the little tike sleep longer, later.

This review comes from a man who remembers when diapers had to be washed, and I helped.
Surely that disclosure deserves a helpful vote?
11 comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 17, 2015
I am BEYOND livid.

I was leery about buying these diapers because I know they're pretty intense on the chemical spectrum, but I justified it because I thought it'd be better for my son's skin if the wetness was absorbed and kept away from his skin overnight.

I never should have bought these.

One of the diapers opened up at the very top overnight, spilling the absorbent gel pearl/beads all over my son. He was zipped up in a Halo Sleepsack, so he had absolutely ZERO access to the diaper. He couldn't touch it. That means it opened up all on its own. The beads were covering his abdomen and were all the way up to his neck. I have no way of knowing whether or not he ingested any.

I contacted P&G and they haven't even responded yet. I am SO angry — both at them for creating such a safety hazard and at myself for putting my son at risk.

You can see the opening in the diaper in this photo.

Do not buy!!!
review image
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2016
These are a completely horrible replacement for the discontinued "Extra Protection" diapers. My son had worn the old version every night without a single leak for over a year, and he had leaks all 3 nights we have been using these. They are very thin and obviously lack the extra absorbency channels than the old version had. I compared to a regular "daytime" swaddlers diaper, and there is no discernible difference at all. I will be submitting a complaint to Pampers as well.
on August 8, 2016
We loved the Pampers Extra Protection Nighttime diapers, and only tried the Swaddlers Overnights because they stopped making them. What a disappointment and waste of money. The new Swaddlers Overnights are very thin and leaked by 3am the first night my son wore them.
on December 3, 2013
Great for night time. My son is a heavy evening drinker and a stomach sleeper so he was leaking through every night. Not any more. Worth the small extra cost to not have to change his sheets every day.
on August 15, 2016
All of these reviews are for the old version, not the swaddler overnights. Way to go Amazon to make it look like these swaddler overnights are a high rated item! Can't believe Pampers discontinued the baby dry extra protection. These are an awful replacement and are as thin as the regular swaddler diapers. I'll be using huggies overnights even though I'm not 100% crazy about them. These are a huge disappointment.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 30, 2015
I will start off by saying that I use to love these diapers. I don't know if I got an iffy box but I opened the pack over this past weekend and have been dealing with disasters ever since. Every single diaper has exploded from the side with gel which I have never had a problem with before. On top of that, my son now has a rash in the same spot that the diapers explode from. I am very upset with this product and feel like I have wasted my money. I don't even want to use the 90% full box left. So disapointed. Don't waste your time! Go for the baby dry!
review image
on December 10, 2013
I've always used Huggies Overnight for my son cause of the better ratings but since he became a toddler & drank more liquids, the Huggies started failing. Till finally when he was 21 mos & the weather getting real cold I was fed up with finding him soaked in the morning. I bought a pack of Pampers to try. Wow, 3 weeks straight, not a single leak so far. Have to admit I'm not a big fan of the perfume smell or the blue gel beads inside the diapers. Haven't been able to find any toxicity/ safety info on them, will keep looking, meanwhile, I'm happy to have a dry baby in the morning.
on January 4, 2014
Have been using regular pampers diapers during the day for 23 months now, with my second child. Regular diapers from Pampers are great, no complaint there, but these "Extra Protection"!!! I am down 20% of the pack, not even half, 3 diapers broke sometime during the night so in the morning when I unzipped the pajamas I get these balls of gel everywhere; they stick to everything, to the skin, changing table, wipes, hands just disaster! Still confused by the quality.
Or and another thing, my child still wakes up wet, so I`m also questioning the "Extra Protection" that is mentioned on the box.
Very upset, would not buy again