Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on May 17, 2013
I bought one of these and had bad luck.. it was very sticky/jerky trying to zoom in and out; probably just a bad one, but I also noticed that it sort of felt cheap. I ended up paying more for a Lumix Vario 14-45mm and was amazed at the higher quality and advanced features with the OIS control, etc. Not sure if the image quality is any different, but...
on August 20, 2013
The lens is okay. Just feels cheaply made. Makes it difficult to manual focus at times because it doesn't work smoothly. Panasonic could have done a better job with this.
on June 25, 2012
This is a cheap, small and light lens for m4/3 cameras.
It has built-in image stabilization that is active on Panasonic cameras and is inactive when using Olympus cameras (which is perfect, because Olympus bodies have in-body stabilization).
The lens is a larger but lighter than the collapsible Olympus 14-42. It also costs about 1/3rd of the price and comes with a hood. In my opinion, it also looks better.
I could discern no difference in image quality between the lenses, with both being very good.
The Panasonic lens is also easier to remove from the camera because it has that wide gray area to grip it by.
For the price, this lens is unbeatable.
on October 11, 2013
This lens is adequate, in build the focus ring grabs when turned. From a youtube video I learned that it was possible to get somewhat average
bokeh. Add the hundred dollar used price and you have a lens that teaches patience. The upgrade to this lens is a much better build, I recommend it for less than twice the price used.
on June 22, 2015
It's not a bad lens for the price. Slow, but it's cheap. My only real issue is the build quality as it's just plastic, but then again for the price what do you expect?
on June 26, 2014
I bought this lens for my GH2. I haven't had any issues so far so I can't complain, especially for the price. The focus is awesome and looks good on photos and video.
on November 20, 2016
Excellent as a starter, cheap kit lens. Although the sharpness isn't particularly strong, I've found that around f/5.6 seems to be the best for that. I've used this lens as my first lens and also for my first portraits and astrophotography. When I got my macro reverse ring, I found that this lens gets amazingly close - I discovered detail in things I never knew existed, and it gets close enough that it takes 18,500 pixels in full focus to make just one inch. There is a bit of coma and chromatic aberration, but it's generally not noticeable unless you look at the full-size photo taken on a computer very closely. While decent all around as a starter lens, look into the 14-140 mm f/3.5-5.6 with OIS for a significant upgrade.
on June 27, 2016
This lens needs a lot of light. Wouldn't recommend for indoor use.
on November 29, 2016
I say glad.
on July 1, 2014
had to replace my first one of this model because it became chipped on a small fall, its not a fast aperture, its wide enough to be 8 feet away, auto focus is slow at low aperture, yet it does what it advertises.