Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Panasonic Full HD Video Camera Camcorder HC-V180K, 50X Optical Zoom, 1/5.8-Inch BSI Sensor, Touch Enabled 2.7-Inch LCD Display (Black)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$32.00 (14%)|
|Video Capture Resolution||Other|
|Optical Sensor Size||1/5.8 Inch|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 50X and 90X Optical Zoom: Long 50X zoom and 90X intelligent zoom draws in the scene from far away. The focal length is 2.06 - 103 mm
- Wide-angle Lens: A 28mm wide-angle lens is convenient for capturing group images in small spaces, such as weddings, reunions and vacations
- 1/5.8-Inch BSI Sensor: The Back Side Illumination Sensor has a large effective area with 2.20M effective pixels, suppressing noise even when shooting in dimly lit conditions
- Creative Controls: Creative filter effects like 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, Miniature Effect and Time Lapse Recording add more personality to your high-definition recordings
- Crisp, Clear Audio: A two-channel zoom microphone automatically adjusts recording volume higher or lower synced to the camcorder's active zooming capability for crisp, clear audio
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Panasonic V180 Full-HD Camcorder
While you discover the sites and enjoy time with your family, your footage is steady and clear thanks to 5-axis hand-shake detection.
90x Intelligent/50x Optical Zoom
Easily capture distant objects that are too far away to shoot with smartphones– thanks to 90x Intelligent Zoom. You can also use the 50x Optical Zoom to get closer while keeping image quality.
Fit more into the frame – the 28mm Wide Angle (35mm camera equivalent) makes it possible to take a group shot in a small room.
* 35mm camera equivalent
5-axis O.I.S. and Level Shot
HYBRID O.I.S + suppresses blur caused by unwanted shake, letting you capture clear images in every shooting situation. Level Shot function supports you by correcting the tilting of images.
The advanced BSI Sensor captures high-quality images in both bright and dim lighting conditions, allowing you to record beautiful footage from indoors to nightscapes with low noise distortion.
Compare with similar items
Compact, lightweight and easy to use, the Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K brings a fun, worry-free experience to high-resolution video capture. Featuring a 5-axis image stabilizer for maximum handheld stability, this 1080p camera’s super-long 50X optical zoom and up to 90X intelligent zoom quickly bring distant objects in focus. A convenient 28mm wide-angle lens allows you to fit more people and scenery into settings like weddings, reunions and vacations. An advanced BSI sensor assures low-light video image quality while Panasonic’s Level Shot function automatically detects and compensates for distracting camera tilting. For added fun, the camera includes creative filter effects like 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, Miniature Effect and Time Lapse Recording, all easily accessible on the 2.7-inch LCD touch screen. A two-channel zoom microphone works in tandem with the zoom to ensure crisp, clear audio up close or at any distance.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Zoom: The zoom is amazing! I shoot most of my videos on a 1.6x crop frame Canon DSLR and there is no lens in the world that will get you 59x optical zoom. That is something like 1650mm equivalent which gives you a tight headshot at 200ft. There are several “Intelligent” or digital zoom options, just disable that from the first day and forget about it.
- Battery/Charging: The battery lasts forever. I’ve done long recordings and I really haven’t hit 50% battery. It is also easy to power off USB (in two different ways: the included barrel plug or micro USB) which means that a cheap battery bank will keep it at 100% power for days.
- Price: At just under $200 this is $50 cheaper that most of the competition (for example the Vixia HF R800). Even for the same price I prefer the Panasonic to the Canon, and I’m an avid Canon DSLR fan!
- Microphone: No, this doesn’t have a broadcast quality microphone. However, it is noticeably better than the mic on my Canon DSLR, especially in the wind. I do wish that it accepted an external mic input, and I’ve listed that as a con. So the quality isn’t great, but since it’s better than a DSLR I have to put it as a pro.
- Microphone Input: I really wish this accepted an external mic input as most of it’s competitors do. I get that most people buying a cheap camcorder aren’t going to use an external mic, but I would!
- No Carrying Case: Even a simple cloth bag would have been better than nothing, I bought a $10 case that’s a bit too big for it. I wish I had something better.
- Menu Interface: This isn’t a strong point for most camcorders, but this one is particularly finicky with the menus. The low quality touch screen and small icons mean it often takes two tries to hit the right button and the menus are designed someone who has never actually used a camera.
- Live-Video Output: I haven’t even tried this, it uses a mini-HDMI, which is a stupid standard, but at least they include a mini-HDMI to HDMI cord with the camera. There are a lot of other reviews that talk about this… I haven’t tried and I don’t care, but others have issues, so consider that if you care.
A note about video quality:
I’ll start by saying that this is about on par with a good smartphone for video quality and maybe underperforms a flagship phone in low light. In a daylight scene it can be hard to tell the difference between this camcorder footage and a $1,000 DSLR with a good lens! However, as soon as you go indoors the quality of the camcorder footage deteriorates to a barely usable level. It says it is F2.08 @ 108mm and while I don’t think they are lying, the quality of the footage would not lead a person to believe that number…
So why would you buy this!? Why have I given it 5 stars!?
Because a good new DSLR+lens cost 3 or 5 times as much, and this camcorder keeps pace with good lighting conditions.
Because a smartphone is lucky if it can get to 2x zoom without the quality collapsing and this camcorder does 59x and looks great.
Because it is $200 and can get great footage that would be hard to get other ways!
If you want to record indoors/low-light, or need the absolute best in video quality then spend the extra money to get something with a much larger sensor (not really available on any "camcorder"). Otherwise, you’ll love this!
My question is how would you even get a 1 year warranty as they will charge you over the units cost for any work after 90 days. It false and misleading advertising.
I will never buy another Panasonic product again! Just so you know if you buy this your rolling the dice. I would strongly recommend purchasing from another manufacturer.
A month later, and a few videos later---I LOVE this camera. I have a $1500 Canon camcorder that I love too, but, this one is so compact, the OIS system is great, the low light sensitivity is very good too. A terrific camera for twice the money.
The size of the camera is small, does not take up much space. If you are looking for professional quality images, look elsewhere. If you are looking for decent quality for a great price, this camera fits that bill.
I adjusted some camera setting to improve image quality.
Top international reviews
I have to say that it is a really amazing camera for the price.
- the image stabilization is one of the best i have seem in a camera within its cost range.
- it does 1080p at 60 fps. It is the smoothest 1080p on a budget camera i have ever seen.
-the audio is nice and crisp even at a distance.
-the battery lasts a long time. Maybe i lucked out with the battery i got but it lasts 3 hours and 33 minutes on a single charge and does not seem to discharge When not in use.
-low light is not bad for a camera this affordable. I recorded my friends wedding which was mostly dark and low light. Both she and i were happy with how it came out.
-it feels very light and the plastic they used on it does not feel very sturdy.
-the charge time is long. It took mine two hours to charge through the camera. And they do not include a charger.
(this is just my experience with it. I still suggest reading other reviews before purchase)
Get blurry videos at night. And photos are too bad even mobile pictures r better.