From the Manufacturer
Panasonic's Lumix DMC-FX37 digital camera features a 25mm ultra wide-angle Leica DC lens, enabling users to capture almost double the viewing space at the same shooting distance as compared to 35mm cameras. The 10.1-megapixel FX37, capable of High Definition video recording, also includes a powerful 5x optical zoom while maintaining a sleek, ultra-compact body and expands Intelligent Auto Mode (iA), Panasonics system of intuitive technologies that help you capture better photos.
The FX37 comes with several of Panasonics proprietary features, including the new AF (auto focus) Tracking function, which expands the iA system. AF Tracking automatically tracks the subject in the frame by locking it into focus, making it easier to capture sharp, well-focused photos. With AF Tracking, the FX37 continually monitors the light source and automatically activates the backlight compensation function if it detects that the light source is behind the subject. AF Tracking also increases Face Detection accuracy, allowing for crisp, sharp-focused shots even if the subjects face moves -- or turns to a profile.
When the FX37 is set to iA mode, the following technologies engage automatically; no settings need to be made:
- Intelligent Exposure -- Helps prevents photos from being under- or over-exposed by instantly analyzing the framed image and adjusting the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting, backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the brightness accordingly.
- Digital Red-eye Correction-- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at night. Incorporated into the camera, the built-in flash emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- MEGA O.I.S. -- Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
- Intelligent ISO -- Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
- Intelligent Scene Selector -- Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This intuitive technology helps the consumer use the most common scene modes that are built into the camera, but often go unused, without making any manual adjustments.
- Face Detection -- Detects faces in the frame (up to 15 faces), even if they are moving, and selects optimal focus and exposure settings so portraits come out clear.
- Quick AF (Auto Focus) -- Starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera at the subject, thus minimizing the AF time.
The new Venus Engine IV supports a faster response time, allowing the Lumix FX37 to shoot 2.5 shots per second at full resolution and six shots per second in High-Speed Burst mode. The shutter release time lag is as short as 0.005 second, making it easier to capture spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities. The high-performance engine enables the camera to shoot up to 310 photos on a single battery charge.
Additional features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 include:
- Image Leveling -- When a captured image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed!
- Scene Modes -- The DMC-FX37 offers 25 scene modes to address the unique needs of a variety of shooting situations. The new Pin Hole and Film Grain modes add unique, film camera-like effects and ambiences. Additionally, the Transform mode trims and stretches the image to virtually transform the subject to appear slimmer or stretched wider.