Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ300K 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-i..." and save 36% off the $597.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ300K 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch Sensor, 4K Video, Splash & Dustproof Body, Leica DC Lens 24X F2.8 Zoom (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- 24X (25-600mm) full-range F2.8 aperture Leica Lens
- Worry-free splash proof / dustproof body. Wi-Fi- yes, 802.11b/g/n built-in
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization assures steady photos and videos
- 12.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor achieves superb low light image quality
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300K 4K 24X F2.8 Long Zoom Digital Camera
Professional-quality, multimedia imaging has never been easier to achieve than with the Panasonic DMC-FZ300K. 4K PHOTO technology lets you shoot 30 frames per second in crystal-clear 4K Ultra HD Video and extract them as individual photos, so you’ll never again miss that once-in-a-lifetime photo op. A powerful 24x zoom with a constant f2.8 aperture lets you shoot with confidence in low light conditions and without the risk of blurred results due to slower shutter speeds. Panasonic’s renowned high speed focusing technology ensures your subject is sharp, whether shooting photos or video, while smart, 5-axis correction technology reduces blur by compensating for five different types of movement.
Need a camera to take along on your outdoor adventures? This long zoom digital camera features a worry-free splashproof / dustproof rugged body so it stands up to some of the most challenging environments.
4K Video and 4K Photo — Capture That Moment
That Moment you want to remember can occur at any time, and Panasonic’s exclusive 4K Photo technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K Ultra HD Video to extract them as photos. You’ll never miss That Moment again.
4K Photo Modes — Free Your Creativity
The 4K Photo function can be used in three different modes, all allowing you to capture that perfect moment at a high burst rate of 30 frames / photos per second:
4K burst shooting 8-megapixel equivalent images extracted from 4K video as long as the shutter button is pressed.
4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop):
4K burst recording as 4K video then play, pause, and extract any frame / photo as an 8-megapixel equivalent image later.
4K pre-burst starts recording one second before and after you press the shutter button. Perfect for unpredictable moments.
Note: 4K Photo feature extracts 8-megapixel photo out of a 4K video sequence up to QFHD: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30 fps, 100Mbit/s.
4K Video — More Detail Than Full HD
4K video delivers a far more intense viewing experience that is four times larger* than Full HD, resulting in a much higher level of detail.
* 4K Photo feature extracts 8-megapixel photo out of a 4K video sequence up to QFHD: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30 fps, 100Mbit/s.
25-600mm Zoom with Full-Range F2.8 Aperture
The 25-600 millimeter LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens features full-range F2.8.for enhanced low light shooting throughout the entire zoom range.*
* 35 millimeter camera equivalent: 25-600 millimeter.
Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
The LUMIX FZ300 features a splashproof / dustproof rugged design with tight seals on every joint, dial and button, so it stands up to harsh weather conditions and challenging environments — from a marshy jungle to a windy desert.
High Speed Auto Focusing with DFD Technology
Panasonic's Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology instantly calculates the distance between foreground and background and quickly brings the subject into focus in one fast, continuous movement. In addition, continuous focus stability is enhanced when shooting video.
5-axis Correction / Tilt Correction
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus)* reduces blur from one-handed video shooting by compensating for five types of movement. The Level Shot Function detects the horizon line and maintains it, even if the camera is tilted.
* 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. works in video recording except for 4K video recording.
High Image Quality—Even in Low Light Conditions
The 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor in combination with the Venus Engine excels in diffraction compensation, yielding images that are crisp and free from artifacts associated with small aperture settings.
Everything in the Right Place
The LUMIX FZ300 features a snug, hand-fitting grip and an intuitive level of operation. The rear/side dials control the main aperture and shutter speed settings. Settings can also be assigned to four function buttons.* In addition, a side lever on the left side of the lens barrel improves lens control.
* Four buttons on the body and five buttons on the menu.
1,440k-dot, 0.7x Large OLED LVF
The LUMIX FZ300 comes with a high-resolution (1,440k-dot) OLED Live View Finder which affords high visibility thanks to a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and high 0.7x magnification (35mm camera equivalent).
3.0-inch Free-angle, Touch Panel Rear
The 1040k-dot rear monitor boasts tilt and swivel capability, making it more comfortable even for vertical composition. Plus, its touch control allows you to quickly set focus just by touching the subject on the screen.
Unwire Your Creativity via Wi-Fi
The LUMIX FZ300 can be controlled remotely by using the Panasonic Image App on your Wi-Fi enabled smartphone or tablet. View the image, set the focus, or release the shutter from a distance, and then transfer images for sharing on social media.
In-Camera RAW Data Development
The LUMIX FZ300 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera.
Close-up Macro Shooting
Capture stunning macro shots with a minimum focusing distance of 1cm.
12 fps Burst Shooting
The FZ300 features high speed burst shooting of 12 frames per seconds at full resolution.
The Creative Panorama function allows you to create dynamic panoramic photos by simply panning the camera.
High Speed Video in HD:
You can record high-speed videos* at 120 fps in HD quality or 240 fps in VGA quality and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
* The recording format is 30p.
Flexible Expandability Options:
The LUMIX FZ300 can be combined with the DMW-FL580L External Flash, the DMW-MS2 Stereo/Shotgun Microphone, the DMW-LT55 Tele Conversion Lens, DMW-LC55 Close-up Lens and many other accessories.
Compare with similar items
PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 4K 60X Zoom Camera, 18.1 Megapixels, DC VARIO 20-1200mm Lens, F2.8-5.9, 4K 30p Video, Power O.I.S., WiFi – DC-FZ80K (USA BLACK)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 4K Wi-Fi Digital Camera with 64GB Card + Battery + Case + Tripod + 3 Filters + Kit
PANASONIC LUMIX FZ1000 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 16X LEICA DC Vario-ELMARIT F2.8-4.0 Lens, 21.1 Megapixels, 1 Inch High Sensitivity Sensor, DMC-FZ1000 (USA BLACK)
Nikon Coolpix L330 Digital Camera (Black)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Cameta Camera||Amazon.com||LIQUID DEALS||RitzCamera|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||5.18 x 4.61 x 3.6 in||5.13 x 4.69 x 3.71 in||—||5.16 x 5.39 x 3.9 in||3.28 x 4.37 x 3 in||4.33 x 4.92 x 3.43 in|
|Item Weight||1.52 lbs||1.36 lbs||—||1.83 lbs||0.95 lb||1.3 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||—||18.9 megapixels||12.1 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||2 megapixels||12.1 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||3840 x 2160p, 1920 x 1080p, 1280 x 720p, 640 x 480p||4k||4k||3840x2160 (30p), 1920 x 1080 (60p, 60i, 30p, 24p) 1280x720 (30p), 640 x 480 (30p)||1280 x 720p (30 fps)||1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 1280 x 720p (60, 50, 30, 25 fps), 640 x 480 (240, 120, 30, 25 fps)|
|Viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||LCD||electronic viewfinder||LCD|
Panasonic DMC-FZ300K - LUMIX FZ300 4K 24X F2.8 Long Zoom Digital Camera. Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
>The ability to shoot shutter priority, aperture priority, full manual, or full auto (with consistently good results in auto)
>Fast, quiet autofocus and zoom
>Tilt and swivel touch-screen monitor
>Very good 4k video
>A decent built-in, variable-output flash and a hotshoe
>The ability to shoot RAW
>A decent built-in mic and a jack (the sound quality is very good with the built-in mic although production audio rarely makes it to the finish)
>Quick cold starts and near-zero latency on the shutter
The only thing I truly dislike is the thumbwheel focus. It's slow, badly placed, makes pull focus and follow focus nearly impossible (although the auto follow focus does a good job), and after a half-century of shooting I can't stop reaching for the barrel of the lens.
I also wish they'd allocated costs differently. For some reason makers of enthusiast-level cameras think they need to pack their products with features that I find useless. Maybe their market demands these gimmicks but I hate 'em. Scene modes. Color balance. Drive modes. Then they slather on buttons and menus so that, in theory, you can access and manipulate all these options. I find them a hindrance. I wish they'd spent their money on a faster lens, a larger sensor, and better dynamic range. Overall I like this camera a lot and it will serve my commercial and personal needs very well. But it could be better, much better, with fewer frills. I've included some images from when I was first playing with the camera. The food shot from Patti's 1880s Settlement in Grand Rivers KY was shot at f2.8, 1/50, ISO 3200, no flash, in Intelligent Auto. The shot of Cave Run Lake (KY) was at f4, 1/320, ISO 100, Intelligent Auto. The picture of the church in downtown Kingsport, TN was shot at f2.8, 1/20, ISO 4000 in Intelligent Auto.
Before I gave my wife the camera I tested the camera out and was extremely impressed with the huge number of improvements in the camera over the FZ200. The FZ200 has the same lens and sensor as the FZ300 but the difference that the improved processor, much better EVF and touch screen, much better build quality, weather proofing make this camera a terrific buy. There are so many other features, neither of us has tried will make this camera useful for just about any occasion
She likes to use just the IA setting like many users and the FZ300 works just perfect in that setting. She used the camera on our just completed cruise and was so enthusiast about it's performance, I kept hearing , "I love this camera", . "I love this camera". . In viewing her images they were coming out sharp, detailed, and perfect exposure. We were both amazed that even the lower light indoors images and video showed great detail. I set a 1600 ISO limit and images showed very good dynamic range, much better than the FZ200 I had used previously. The best features she liked were the beautiful bright sharp EVF, the fast accurate focus and the touch screen was a WOW, She also loved the many extra features. She found the handling superb. It does feel great in the hand and the new styling matches the newer Panasonic cameras. The menus are easy and the super control panel seen on expensive cameras is terrific. You can quickly adjust any setting on the LCD without going through extensive menus like most cameras. The touch focus on the LCD screen is also a great feature. Macro images are also much easier to take and look great.
Some really great points and extra features that make the camera very special
1. The camera has an excellent grip, it feels good in the hands. Easy to use.
2. Very good camera build, feels more solid than the excellent FZ200
3. Camera has weather sealing and can be used in inclement weather. Not waterproof!
4. Great zoom range. From 25 to 600
5. EVF is larger and improved over FZ200 and can view scenes and info better
6. Touchscreen LCD is a great improvement which allows easier use of camera
7. Can set the focus point while viewing through EVF, focus area, extra functions buttons.
8. Constant F2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom area. Allows more light, better low light
9. Has mechanical shutter (quiet) and electronic shutter (noise free) great in museums
10. Extremely fast focus, much improved over the FZ200. Depth from defocus process?
11. 4K photos, 30FPS images come out 8mp, can easily select perfect photo on LCD
12. 4K video now possible. Carefully done and results are excellent.
13. Camera appears very fast. Fast startup and ready to use.
14. Microphone port allows adding external Microphone. Useful when windy conditions.
15. Improved low light images even with the small sensor. Up to 1600 with some noise
16. Camera while small dSLR sized is fairly light even with the big zoom lens.
17. Can easily add filters, including Polarizers, ND filters and super closeup filters
18. Includes a very good lens hood that can protect the lens without adding a UV filter
19. Image quality is excellent in good light, shows good dynamic range and lots of detail.
20. Wifi allows easy transfer of images. And camera control through app.
21. Images and video overall is excellent with lots of keepers.
22. F2.8 constant aperture lens allows improved Bokeh (background blur not usually possible with small sensor.). Mostly seen in macro images.
23. Good quality macro images possible.
What isn’t so great with this excellent camera and could be improved.
1. Camera uses a very small sensor, so low light images and video are limited
2. Small sensor has lower dynamic range and less detail in images.
3. Could use a headphone jack for video.
4. Missing extra wide angle because of fixed lens.
5. Not pocket able, so camera needs a bag or strap.
6. Low light images and video while tops for small sensor are still limited and can be noisy.
7. Lens is integrated in camera so you really can’t change the lens.
8. Camera is not inexpensive but considering all the features, it’s a good buy.
If you love super zoom cameras or you are a birder, this is a must buy. It won't replace the FZ1000 which has a much larger 1 inch sensor with better image quality, better low light quality and better dynamic range. But the FZ300 is a true super zoom; it stands in a class all it's own and it is well worth upgrading if you have a FZ150/FZ200 or other older Canon or Nikon super zoom. Right now as of 2016, it's the best small sensor super zoom you can buy. If the camera seems too big or expensive for you, consider the Panasonic ZS50 which is a great pocket super zoom with an EVF or the new ZS100 which now has a 1 inch sensor and touchscreen EVF..but costs more than the FZ300..
Most recent customer reviews
I sent it back