Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 21-30 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on October 11, 2014
Excellent DSLR. Sensor is Micro 4/3, giving a smaller body with depth of field options, even with the kit lens. 14 to 42mm zoom kit lens is not a power zoom, and the zoom ring is plastic, making it stiff occasionally. Don't expect to get smooth video zoom with this lens. Pictures and video are excellent, even in low-light conditions. This camera has a full program mode and "Intelligent" mode for people who don't want to adjust settings. Additionally, there is a full manual mode for those of us who want to get the most creativity. Burst mode can bracket 3, 5, or 7 exposures taken within a second depending on shutter speed. This is a versatile camera for everyday photography for both beginners and professionals.
on April 18, 2015
I have used and abused this light weight camera for two years. I love the weight as I do photo walks or hike the hills. I have been happy with it. I am dissatisfied with the kit telephoto lens for distance and bought a separate prime 20mm lens. The telephoto focus is not crisp enough. I took many photos with it that I liked. Now I use the fix focus lens.

I am buying a G6 body because it has WiFi which can connect it with a tablet. I need this so I can review my shots before I take a final photograph.
on October 9, 2013
They say there are two times of great joy in a boat-owner's life: when he buys his boat, and when he sells it. Perhaps the same can be said of photographers.

Some eight or nine years ago I bought a Canon 10D, and subsequently upgraded to a Canon 40D over time. This past summer I did a road trip around Oregon with a Tamrac photo pack in the back of the car stuffed with the 40D and lots of lenses. After that experience, I came to the realization that at 60, I was not up to hauling so much equipment about the countryside, as I was when I was 50. I just don't have as much cartilage in my joints as I used to.

So I began looking at four-thirds system cameras. They provide much of the quality of the APS-C sensor DLSR cameras, and they are smaller, take smaller lenses, they are lighter, and they are cheaper. (Canon 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, every model upgrade would cost me another $1200. Enough of that!) After much research it came down to a decision between the Panasonic Lumix G5 or the G6. At the time the G6 was of limited availability and cost $(well you know what they list for). Used G5s on the other hand were quite plentiful on E**y and on Amazon. I ended up buying two used G5s for less than the cost of a G6. Yes, I gave up some bells and whistles, but I got a camera that provided the basic functionality (and beyond) that any professional or serious amateur would need. (I am addressing only still photography here, I can't comment on video.) "Used?" you ask. Well, yes, only a relatively few photographers use their equipment day in and day out. Most of us haul it out for vacations, and holidays. Other than that, it sits in the closet. (Sewing machines and Kitchenaid mixers fall into the same category) So used camera equipment is generally a very good deal.

I purchased a Lumix 45-150mm telephoto zoom, and the ultra-compact Vario G X 14-42mm zoom, and some macro extension rings. And some day, I'll pick up the 7-14mm Lumix wide angle zoom. The ultra-compact Vario G X zoom replaces the 'standard kit lens' because I wanted an ultra-portable camera+lens combination. It also has the advantage of zooming much more smoothly. If you have pants with cargo pockets, your G5 is now a pocket camera.

Digital cameras in general (not just Lumix) have become burdened with complex menu systems, as manufactures have struggled to outdo each other and provide all things to all people. The G5 menu system is not so bad, you can get used to it, and the quick menu is an oft-used (and useful) shortcut. The ergonomics are not as refined as on say the Canon 40D, but I can deal with it.

The G5 with the two zoom lenses with the extension rings have made making good-quality macro photos very easy.

So as I sell off the Canon equipment, I am content that I got good use out of it, and I am happy to see it go. I really like the smaller, lighter Lumix G5, and the associated Lumix lenses. The image quality is better than that of the oder Canon 40D, and I didn't have to spend $1200 to upgrade to newer technology. The rainy season is arriving in Oregon, and as I put away my camera equipment for the next nine months, I feel better at having tied up less money in equipment that must sit in the closet until the sun comes out again.
on April 7, 2014
As advertised...works fine (I own another one). Dealer did everything as promised and added an extra battery as there was a alight mar on the camera he had not noticed.

Still wish Panasonic would design program to not download repeatedly content already downloaded....You need a good computer if you store much video or store or store it separate from the computer I just filled my passport.
on September 28, 2013
I have a GF3 and wanted some of the newer Lumix features available on recent models. I had my hopes set on getting the GX7 when comes out (it just rolled out). Looking at the G5 I realized that the larger camera body has its advantages and I'll still have a small "pocket" camera in the GF3. Most of the features on the GX7 are in the G5( viewfinder, tilt LCD, top wheel, HDR, etc). So, I got the G5 for around $350 and figure I saved $650. I'm happy.
on October 16, 2014
This is a nice upgrade from the G3. Using primes with the camera, including the perfect Nocticron f/1.2 lens left me wanting nothing. I have shot quite a few images with this camera and it does deliver fine quality. That being said, the kit lens that it came with is still in the box. In my opinion, to obtain really nice images, buy a few primes for this camera and have fun. The Lumix 20mm, Sigma 60, Sigma 30 and the Lumix 14mm are great choices. I have all of these lenses and really enjoy each for their purpose.

This camera has taken really stunning images with the Sigma 30mm and an extension tube. Macro shots that really impress.
on April 30, 2013
I just purchased the G5 to replace my trusty G3. Actually, I am going to keep the G3 as a second body. I am very impressed with the G5 compared to the G3 (the G3 is an excellent camera as well). The key upgrades that have impressed me include:

-The higher resolution LCD screen is much better than the G3's screen
-The physical layout of the camera (shutter button, Fn keys, etc.) is an improvement over the G3 and really helps to use the camera efficiently
-The auto-switching between the LCD screen and the EVF when you hold the camera to your eye is very helpful.
-The camera feels much snappier in operation

I give a big thumbs up for the G5. Nice job, Panasonic
on August 7, 2013
My introduction to Micro 4/3rd cameras happened a few years back when I purchased a Lumix G 10. The G 5 Is a great camera to shoot that allows the photographer to experiment. I especially love the level feature, so I can more easily obtain level in all directions on my tripod when I shoot landscapes. The various creative options also are fun exploring.
on May 5, 2014
Ok, First I'll start off saying that this is a wonderful camera that does everything it says it can do, well built, I have yet to wear out a button, get a loose LCD screen display or anything, I LOVE this camera, you would be damn hard pressed to find another camera that packs such a punch for such a low price.

Ok, people will tell you this is a great "starter" camera for a starting out photographer, there really is no such thing, It isn't that hard to learn the ends and outs of photography, so unless you just need a smaller camera, save your money for a full body camera, better portrait shots, with the Lumix , you have to crop in really close to get the really nice blur.
on April 28, 2014
Little sister of the GH2. Similar features sans some of the more advanced controls pros might use.
That's not saying you cant get great pro shots with this. You can. Has superb built in effects and settings.
I got the 20mm with it and its the perfect combo for under 1000.