Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 2, 2018
Wall Street Photo: You state this product is under manufacturer's warranty; however, Panasonic will not honor the guarantee as you are not an authorized retailer. Nothing on Amazon indicates you are NOT an authorized retailer. You have indicated (and still insist) that the manufacturer's warranty covers this product, which it does not. If the manufacturer will not honor the warranty of your unauthorized sales, it should explicitly say that in the listing. When the buyer reaches out for a return, you should explicitly say that the products you sell do not come with a valid warranty, instead of encouraging them to waste hours pursuing a warranty which you know full well will not be honored. Six months of use, and this broken product isn't worth a dime.
on October 15, 2014
I have purchased 2 of these cameras based on the fact that they had a WiFi remote capability I use these cameras daily for inspection work and the first one got "dark smudges" on the photo receptor. ALL of my photos have 3 "little gray clouds" that appear on the jpeg images. I'm, not sure how they got there other than maybe from shooting into the sun or into a mirror with the flash on. This is a problem! So with blind trust I figured I would buy another and be more careful... nope. Nice big dark spot in the center of the photos.

Basesolelyey on this wouldld not recommend this camera to anybody and am now needing to buy a thircamerars from a different Mfg.
on January 13, 2014
The 1800 number was of no help. I could successfully set up the app to use WiFi for the Samsung Galaxy (so I DO know how to correctly get this to work on a phone), but when using the same app for iPhone, it simply will not work - it gets "hung up" on the Login screen. When you call the 800 number about Lumix Link, the app that is supposed to upload photos via your phone, the techs have NO KNOWLEDGE of Lumix Link, even though Lumix Link is repeatedly referenced in the guide provided with the camera.

In summary, there is a bug with the wifi app for iphone, and their tech support sucks so much that they don't even know about it. So frustrated. Will never buy a Panasonic product after this again due to the lack of technical support.
on January 30, 2013
I bought this my camera for my wife because she mentioned that it would be nice to have a camera that the pictures would automatically be transferred to our computer or phones so they didn't just reside in the camera until we erase them to make room for more pictures. It is a little tricky, the first couple of times, to connect the wifi. It is so easy now, that we set the camera up and surprise people by taking their picture remotely and transfer the pictures, to our external hard drive, automatically, every time we plug in to charge.
7 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2013
The camera is just what I wanted. It is small and very easy to use. I purchased for a friend, who also loves it. The only drawback is that there is apparently no fill flash setting. This is a bit upsetting. However, when using the customized SCN settings, there is a setting which I think would substitute.
6 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2013
It's a decent camera. The pictures are of decent quality. The first one we received had dust on the sensor which showed in every picture. The second one has been fine so far.
The wifi portion of the camera couldn't be more difficult to use if they tried. As such, we never bother. I tried to get it working on vacation so we could post some of the pictures for family but decided my time was better spent having fun.
One person found this helpful
on January 4, 2013
This is a real nice camera for the price, but the wifi, which is the reason I got it, was kind of a pain to set up. There is a button for a wifi "wizard," which should make things easier, but it didn't. That's because, at least for the average buyer, there's not enough information in the box to guide you through some of the things you need to know or have questions on. (I think most users are like me; you set up a wifi connection with a device, pray that it works, and then, thorugh trial and error, you're not even sure what you did that got you to the end result! And then you forget all that until you need to do it again.) I tried on line help at Panasonic and emailed their customer service, and got no where. Finally, I called their 800 number. Talked to a nice techie, but I think he was figuring it out on the fly, just as I was.

Here are two (I think) big helps for others who run into similar problems: 1. You CAN'T use the wifi until after you load the software and set up a folder where the wifi will transfer your pictures to. (Embedded in the directions, it does tell you to do that first, but it's far from apparent that things just won't work until then!) Second, once you load the software, you actually get a window that tells you exactly what you need to input in the final stage of wifi set up (but the nomenclature is slightly different, and that helpful fact was never made clear!), and this is where my problem occurred. BEWARE: if you have a computer that doesn't have a password, the final step WILL NOT WORK! (I never bothered with a password on my laptop:one extra step, and I've never worried about it: you need a password.) Apparently, the code is written so you HAVE TO input a password; you can't just leave it blank (At least their software program listed my password as "NONE," and that's what gave me the idea to try again once I added a password. The Panasonic techie had no clue as he walked me through exactly what I had done in the wifi set up (again), and he should have known about this issue since in my original email, I asked if that was the problem.

I can imagine all kinds of people returning this camera over frustration with the wifi (I mean, why would you keep it if you can't make this higher end feature doesn't work? Too bad, because I think I'm really going to like the camera itself. What I've seen so far, the menu choices are much easier to deal with that my older digital, an Olympus Zoom. I would strongly suggest to Panasonic that they put better "Quick Start" instructions in the box, ones that are consumer tested by ordinary people who are a little unsure of terminology and need the hand-holding. It's actually a 4 or 5 star camera with 2 star directions.
29 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on May 14, 2013
Purchased for college age daughter who needed a new compact camera to go with her more advanced digital SLR's, etc. Love the quality of photos and the wifi capability that allows her to control the camera from her IPhone for self portraits, etc.
3 people found this helpful
on November 25, 2012
I bought this camera to replace an IP video camera, in order to be able to watch for expected visitors without being tied to the front window, allowing me to get other things done while waiting. It works very well for that purpose. In fact it is considerably better than the IP video camera purpose-built for that. This camera is particularly good for that that because it is small and unobtrusive, it can auto-focus and auto-adjust for the light conditions, and be remotely zoomed if desired. Because it is battery-powered, I didn't expect it to have much WiFi range, and it doesn't, but it is good enough be to useful for me. Working by remote control from my Android phone or tablet, the battery lasts for a couple hours. For more time, I also purchased a DMW-DCC10/DMW-AC5 AC adapter, which works well.

The camera also takes good still pictures, and because of its small, easily pocketable size, it has been very useful to take along when I go out just in case an unexpected photo opportunity arises. The SZ5 doesn't have a mode dial or touch screen, but none-the-less, is quite useable.

For improvements, I'd like to see the WiFi remote control range increased. Perhaps that could be done by also allowing a remote control mode that works through an existing WiFi channel.

The WiFi remote control experiment Panasonic tried with this camera is very successful. I think they have done a good job of it, and I find it very useful. I wish my FZ150 and GH2 had it as well, and suspect it'll be a highly prized feature on the GH3. I'm glad I purchased this camera.
18 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2013
great camera, the wifi was an important feature and it works awesome. love being able to snap shots from afar with my smartphone. im not that into specs but this thing shoots photos well enough for me and mine. would reccommend.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.