Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 706 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 782 reviews
on July 10, 2013
I have only used this camera underwater once so far, but it was absolutely fantastic. I took it to the swimming pool with my daughter and niece as a test run, and got some great shots of my niece swimming underwater, and alternated with underwater shots and above the water shots. The camera is made to slough off the water as soon as you pull it out, so the pictures out of the water don't have spots or water drops on them. It seems like a minor thing, but it really made a huge difference. As for being waterproof, it seemed to hold up great. After we got home, I noticed it had some chlorine spots on a couple pictures (after I tried to use a dry cleaning cloth on it) so I soaked it in a sink full of clean water for about 5 minutes, and voila! Perfect photos again. I've seen some reviews that say this camera doesn't work well inside, haven't noticed a problem myself. Pretty much every single picture I've taken with the camera has turned out with great color balance and good lighting. I have had a couple overexpose a bit with the flash, but hey, this is a point and shoot camera, not a professional grade camera. The overexposure can be fixed on the camera itself with the offered image editing or with editing software on your computer.

We'll be taking the camera on a trip to the lake in a week, so we'll see how it holds up with the sand and murky water, but so far I am more than pleased with this little camera, especially for the price! Can't wait to take it out and play with it some more.

EDIT: Used this camera on a trip in pools, lakes, and rivers. Had a blast. Got some great shots in the water, above the water, canoeing, kayaking, and even in a water feature fountain thing for the kids to play in, all with no worries about water leakage. I do recommend purchasing a floating wrist strap because the camera itself doesn't float if you drop it in deep water. Even in the lake and river the pictures came out great, though you need to be close to your subject in dirtier/murkier water. After a month and a couple weeks, I'd say it's already earned its keep for the price I paid. I think we took somewhere around 1600 photos on a two week trip with this little camera, and 99% of them were fantastic. I also bought an extra extended life battery, and with constant shooting, I did need to change the batteries about once a day. But, I take a LOT of photos.

EDIT2: After reading some of the other reviews here, I think something needs to be said - this is NOT an expensive, professional level camera. It isn't being sold as one, because it's not. No, you are not going to get perfect pictures every single time. You're not going to get perfectly clear-as-day underwater photos (although you will get some awesome ones). This is a point-and-shoot camera that you can take in the water with you. If you expect more than point-and-shoot quality, you should not buy this camera. But understand you will spend more money on something else. For the average user, it is an absolutely fantastic camera for the price. You can take it anywhere, it fits in your POCKET (how nice is that?) and it will stand up to being dropped, getting wet, getting cold, etc. Take it on your family vacation without worrying about it. Now try to do that with a $3000 professional camera. Also, for people saying the quality sucks, I have blown up some of the photos from this camera to 16x20 prints and hung them on the wall. I certainly can't tell they were taken with a $140 camera, and neither can anyone else.
33 comments| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
I bought this in July to take kayaking, both flat water and white water. I gotta say: I have beaten the crap out of this thing, and it's still going strong. It's definitely safe for water as long as you make sure it's closed properly. I always keep a float strap attached to it because I've dropped it in moving water more than once. the float strap is a life saver because the camera will sink. I've also dropped it on the hard ground more time than I can count. It's always falling out of something. The picture quality is good, not fantastic, but my pictures come out much better than anyone else's waterproof camera that I've seen. I rarely use it for video, but I'm thinking of finding a way to mount it on my kayak since my friends have so much trouble with their expensive Go Pros. Battery life is solid. For me, it lasts about 2-3 days turning it off and on, maybe 1 day it's getting heavy use. If you want a good outdoor camera, especially for water, this is a great pick. I've been very happy with it
review image review image
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2016
I bought this camera 10 months ago, and found it adequate (in terms of photo quality) for that time. Not outstanding, but then this is a low end camera, but for informal "people shots" when I was out kayaking and swimming, it did fine. Probably worth a 3 1/2 to 4 star rating.

However, with my last outing, a HUGE amount of moisture seeped into the camera over the course of the day, making all my photos very foggy. Checking the seals, I found everything was in order (no sand, no grit, locking mechanism properly engaged).

The camera is supposed to have a 1 year warranty and I have contacted Panasonic. I will update this review accordingly, based on what I learn from them. For now, I've given it a 2 star rating due to this problem.

UPDATE: It has been 4 days since I emailed Panasonic, and have heard nothing from them. I've downgraded my rating to 1 star, and will attempt contact via chat or phone (which I hate .... ) Will update this review if I hear anything.

2nd UPDATE: Panasonic has totally ignored all contact that I've tried, so basically, zero customer service. The fogging up problem continues ... it clears up easily enough by removing the camera's battery and SD card, leaving the door to that slot open, and letting the camera sit at room temperature for a few days. But with the next usage, the problem returns.
on April 2, 2015
Camera took great pictures for a great price and held up under snorkeling, bodysurfing and free diving to 25 feet or so in Krabi Thailand. Battery life is very good and images are clear. Get a 32 Gig SD card and you'll have a weeks worth of Hi-Dev videos, stills and panoramas!
on January 6, 2016
Avoid this camera like the plague! First time we used it was on a trip to Jamaica. Triple checked the stupid battery door after reading the many reviews, took 1 pic underwater about a foot only to see bubbles coming out of the shutter button....BROKEN! So now no pictures of our amazing trip other than our smartphones. Use the money on a gopro if your seriously wanting underwater shots or video footage. Amazon return was amazingly fast and easy...maybe that's why my family has shopped here for years. =)
on June 11, 2016
I was excites by the good reviews that I ordered this with confidence. Unfortunately it was very disappointing in a number of ways. The panoramic shots were not very good, as it does not adjust light levels well so most end up blown out, and there are almost always vertical lines in every shot. I have no idea what's causing those lines but they ruin just about every shot, not to mention the resolution on the panoramic shots are pretty low. The pictures look decent for normal single shots if you make some manual adjustments, but overall the camera just does not have any contrast. Most of my shots I had to touch up in Photoshop to give it more contrast and color.
on September 4, 2014
I was looking for a replacement for my Fujifilm waterproof camera after it took in water.
I trusted the rather high reviews of this Panasonic, so pulled the trigger. (I still think Panasonic makes quality electronics & appliances)
The picture quality is terrible. I read some comments that tried to justify the low quality white balancing....
There is no reason why a digital camera the size of a smart phone should not be able to take a picture without losing all definition of anything in the sunlight.
The 10MP (2010 model) FujiFilm waterproof camera took much more vivid pictures, and I'll gladly pay for return shipping & admit defeat so I can get my hands on a point & shoot that I can backpack with again.
(Also consider the Olympus TG-3 if you think you'll get a few years out of it)

Don't be fooled by a camera's claims of 16MP. I had a 4MP Olympus from 8 years ago that takes better pictures than the TS25D.
It's all about the sensor quality!
on January 18, 2015
Great value for the money!
When I read reviews on this product, I was a bit nervous about taking the camera into salt-water situations. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see this camera hold up to varying conditions without leaking. This camera easily survived the Great Barrier Reef (warm salt water) and the bays of New Zealand (COLD salt water conditions) without incident. Photo quality is very good--- but I would warn users to experiment with the settings to find a setting that works for you. For example, I used easy auto, but I felt that the underwater setting (which was originally recommended for deeper scenarios) actually produced more natural color images.
It is VERY important that users follow the directions for maintenance in order to avoid leakage. For example, you should always soak the camera in fresh water after taking it into salt water! Also, it is critical to check the seals for any contaminants before dunking it into any water! If you're careful, this product will definitely do the job.
All in all, it's a great camera that won't break the bank.
on September 8, 2016
I've been using this camera pretty extensively in wet conditions for about 3 years and I've very happy with it. I'm careful when I open and close the hatch to make sure not to get any dirt or hairs in the seal, and I only open it when the camera is dry; I've never had a leak whatsoever. I've used it snorkeling, so underwater for an hour+ at one time, occasionally diving down probably 15-20 feet (guessing on that), and mostly on the surface. I also use it kayaking several times a month, mainly in salt water, it gets wet each time because of splashes and I occasionally hold it under water to take pictures from the kayak of sea life in the water.

After a day in salt water, I soak it in warm (not hot) water for about 15 minutes, along with my other waterproof electronics, to soak the salt off. I think rinse it in fresh water and let it dry completely.

The pictures this camera takes are very high quality; they can be used for larger prints with no problems. I mostly use the automatic mode, but it does have other modes that come in handy sometimes, such as a mode that allows you to take many pictures quickly in a row, which is nice for action shots.

If I had to choose one negative, I often wish is had more optical zoom. The higher end model has more optical zoom, but of course is more expensive. If I ever need to replace this camera, I'll get the same camera but with more zoom.

I'm including an underwater photo to show quality - this photo has not been processed at all other than to shrink the size for online positing. The colors come out very nice like this when enough sun gets through to the subject, or if the subject is close enough to the flash of the camera. On a cloudy day when the subject is not close to the flash, the photos came come out a bit grey/blue and need to be processed through Lightroom or similar software to bring out the colors.
on May 21, 2016
I had this camera before and I lost it. I was happy to find it again and at a similar cost I got it before. However, I think this camera is refurbished. It came in a generic box and all the cables and stuff were in generic bags. I still have the box of the first camera I had and you can see the different. The camera also had a sticky spot on a side, so I think its where they label the items when they go thru a refurbished process.

Other than that, the camera functioned beautifully as before. No problems using it on the beach or pool. Great photos, etc.