Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 10, 2013
I have only used this camera underwater once so far, but it was absolutely fantastic. I took it to the swimming pool with my daughter and niece as a test run, and got some great shots of my niece swimming underwater, and alternated with underwater shots and above the water shots. The camera is made to slough off the water as soon as you pull it out, so the pictures out of the water don't have spots or water drops on them. It seems like a minor thing, but it really made a huge difference. As for being waterproof, it seemed to hold up great. After we got home, I noticed it had some chlorine spots on a couple pictures (after I tried to use a dry cleaning cloth on it) so I soaked it in a sink full of clean water for about 5 minutes, and voila! Perfect photos again. I've seen some reviews that say this camera doesn't work well inside, haven't noticed a problem myself. Pretty much every single picture I've taken with the camera has turned out with great color balance and good lighting. I have had a couple overexpose a bit with the flash, but hey, this is a point and shoot camera, not a professional grade camera. The overexposure can be fixed on the camera itself with the offered image editing or with editing software on your computer.

We'll be taking the camera on a trip to the lake in a week, so we'll see how it holds up with the sand and murky water, but so far I am more than pleased with this little camera, especially for the price! Can't wait to take it out and play with it some more.

EDIT: Used this camera on a trip in pools, lakes, and rivers. Had a blast. Got some great shots in the water, above the water, canoeing, kayaking, and even in a water feature fountain thing for the kids to play in, all with no worries about water leakage. I do recommend purchasing a floating wrist strap because the camera itself doesn't float if you drop it in deep water. Even in the lake and river the pictures came out great, though you need to be close to your subject in dirtier/murkier water. After a month and a couple weeks, I'd say it's already earned its keep for the price I paid. I think we took somewhere around 1600 photos on a two week trip with this little camera, and 99% of them were fantastic. I also bought an extra extended life battery, and with constant shooting, I did need to change the batteries about once a day. But, I take a LOT of photos.

EDIT2: After reading some of the other reviews here, I think something needs to be said - this is NOT an expensive, professional level camera. It isn't being sold as one, because it's not. No, you are not going to get perfect pictures every single time. You're not going to get perfectly clear-as-day underwater photos (although you will get some awesome ones). This is a point-and-shoot camera that you can take in the water with you. If you expect more than point-and-shoot quality, you should not buy this camera. But understand you will spend more money on something else. For the average user, it is an absolutely fantastic camera for the price. You can take it anywhere, it fits in your POCKET (how nice is that?) and it will stand up to being dropped, getting wet, getting cold, etc. Take it on your family vacation without worrying about it. Now try to do that with a $3000 professional camera. Also, for people saying the quality sucks, I have blown up some of the photos from this camera to 16x20 prints and hung them on the wall. I certainly can't tell they were taken with a $140 camera, and neither can anyone else.
33 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2015
Camera took great pictures for a great price and held up under snorkeling, bodysurfing and free diving to 25 feet or so in Krabi Thailand. Battery life is very good and images are clear. Get a 32 Gig SD card and you'll have a weeks worth of Hi-Dev videos, stills and panoramas!
review image
on November 6, 2013
I bought this in July to take kayaking, both flat water and white water. I gotta say: I have beaten the crap out of this thing, and it's still going strong. It's definitely safe for water as long as you make sure it's closed properly. I always keep a float strap attached to it because I've dropped it in moving water more than once. the float strap is a life saver because the camera will sink. I've also dropped it on the hard ground more time than I can count. It's always falling out of something. The picture quality is good, not fantastic, but my pictures come out much better than anyone else's waterproof camera that I've seen. I rarely use it for video, but I'm thinking of finding a way to mount it on my kayak since my friends have so much trouble with their expensive Go Pros. Battery life is solid. For me, it lasts about 2-3 days turning it off and on, maybe 1 day it's getting heavy use. If you want a good outdoor camera, especially for water, this is a great pick. I've been very happy with it
review image review image
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2016
Avoid this camera like the plague! First time we used it was on a trip to Jamaica. Triple checked the stupid battery door after reading the many reviews, took 1 pic underwater about a foot only to see bubbles coming out of the shutter button....BROKEN! So now no pictures of our amazing trip other than our smartphones. Use the money on a gopro if your seriously wanting underwater shots or video footage. Amazon return was amazingly fast and easy...maybe that's why my family has shopped here for years. =)
on March 5, 2015
This camera is not WATERPROOF!!! I bought that machine to take some underwater pic. at my Mexico vacation. Today first time we started using in to take fish pic. with us. It was not even dept that much after awhile it started leaking water inside and stopped taking pic. We still hearing a voice it's like taking pic but can't see the screen. It wasn't battery part is leaking the screen part started and later we couldn't see the picture. Overall it ruined my day, now I have to find new camera in this rural island!! I'll try to return it when I'm back but probably they will blame me!!
on September 4, 2014
I was looking for a replacement for my Fujifilm waterproof camera after it took in water.
I trusted the rather high reviews of this Panasonic, so pulled the trigger. (I still think Panasonic makes quality electronics & appliances)
The picture quality is terrible. I read some comments that tried to justify the low quality white balancing....
There is no reason why a digital camera the size of a smart phone should not be able to take a picture without losing all definition of anything in the sunlight.
The 10MP (2010 model) FujiFilm waterproof camera took much more vivid pictures, and I'll gladly pay for return shipping & admit defeat so I can get my hands on a point & shoot that I can backpack with again.
(Also consider the Olympus TG-3 if you think you'll get a few years out of it)

Don't be fooled by a camera's claims of 16MP. I had a 4MP Olympus from 8 years ago that takes better pictures than the TS25D.
It's all about the sensor quality!
on May 21, 2016
I had this camera before and I lost it. I was happy to find it again and at a similar cost I got it before. However, I think this camera is refurbished. It came in a generic box and all the cables and stuff were in generic bags. I still have the box of the first camera I had and you can see the different. The camera also had a sticky spot on a side, so I think its where they label the items when they go thru a refurbished process.

Other than that, the camera functioned beautifully as before. No problems using it on the beach or pool. Great photos, etc.
on March 11, 2017
So, I REALLY wanted to love this camera. I purchased it based on online reviews and a recommendation from a friend as a easy to use underwater camera. The sole purpose was for a snorkeling trip to Phuket, Thailand. I had been researching the GoPro but just didn't feel like I had time to learn it's intricacies prior to leaving. I wanted to be sure that I had something that would be easy and allow me to get all of those "once in a lifetime" shots. That turned out to be 14 shots and 4 minutes of video. First, the battery life is USELESS. The fully charged battery lasted ~30 minutes of on and off use. I initially turned on aboard ship to take some shots as we were on our way to the dive locations. After a couple of still shots and taking 2:45 minutes of video, the battery bar begin to drop. Fearing that it may not last the excursion, I turned it off and used my iPhone for dry shots. Once I got in the water and begin taking underwater photos, I ended up getting about 20 minutes use out of it. I returned to my hotel room that night eager to at least review what I did get, since the battery died before I could even do that only to find that it apparently doesn't power on via USB power. To save packing space on the flight from Bangkok to Phukett, I had not brought the battery charger as I thought I understood it would power on USB for review and transfer...it doesn't. When I finally was able to review the pictures, I wasn't much more impressed. I know it is a underwater camera and I didn't have the highest expectations for "beautiful" clear photos but I wasn't expecting the hazy, clipped edges that resulted. As for the video, it is what it is. There is NO image stabilization what-so-ever (which I do realize was not touted as a feature so it was expected, this is just for FYI) and no way to mute audio so you pick up all the under water gurgling and boat engine noise.I also found that it was EXTREMELY easy to take a photo but accidentally turn on the video instead. If you weren't checking for that after EVERY shot, you end up with minutes of you just swimming around with the camera recording you flapping about. I consider myself to be a savvy user of mobile and battery operated devices and am meticulous about making sure things are charged and ready to go. I'm also pretty meticulous about doing everything I can to preserve battery life, particularly on a trip like this one, so I feel confident that the power issue was not a result of negligence on my part. The photo quality...I'll concede that it may have been my skills or possibly not allowing enough time for the camera lenses to adjust to changes in air and water temp, although I don't think that was the issue, I think it is just the quality of the camera. My best recommendation for anyone considering this camera is to buy it test it ahead of planned adventures...just make sure you do it that in time to return if you don't find it suitable. Unfortunately, I did not and now I'm stuck with it.
Hope this review is useful. Safe journeys and excellent Adventures!
review image review image review image
on June 11, 2016
I was excites by the good reviews that I ordered this with confidence. Unfortunately it was very disappointing in a number of ways. The panoramic shots were not very good, as it does not adjust light levels well so most end up blown out, and there are almost always vertical lines in every shot. I have no idea what's causing those lines but they ruin just about every shot, not to mention the resolution on the panoramic shots are pretty low. The pictures look decent for normal single shots if you make some manual adjustments, but overall the camera just does not have any contrast. Most of my shots I had to touch up in Photoshop to give it more contrast and color.
on January 18, 2015
Great value for the money!
When I read reviews on this product, I was a bit nervous about taking the camera into salt-water situations. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see this camera hold up to varying conditions without leaking. This camera easily survived the Great Barrier Reef (warm salt water) and the bays of New Zealand (COLD salt water conditions) without incident. Photo quality is very good--- but I would warn users to experiment with the settings to find a setting that works for you. For example, I used easy auto, but I felt that the underwater setting (which was originally recommended for deeper scenarios) actually produced more natural color images.
It is VERY important that users follow the directions for maintenance in order to avoid leakage. For example, you should always soak the camera in fresh water after taking it into salt water! Also, it is critical to check the seals for any contaminants before dunking it into any water! If you're careful, this product will definitely do the job.
All in all, it's a great camera that won't break the bank.