Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2014
I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting a lot when I decided to get this camera. Though I have a Nikon D3000 DSLR, I did also have a Kodak Easyshare Z8612 camera for a long while, which served me really well thanks to its Schneider-Kreuznach zoom lens. However, lately it was taking bad pictures for some reason, and since it was pretty old for a point and shoot/bridge, I thought I'd replace it with an inexpensive but useful camera update. This is where the Lumix comes in.

I've read for about three years the reviews that the Lumix cameras were getting, which varied from amazing to mediocre in general. Since these are made by Panasonic, I was wary about them and did not trust them at first. However, I was on a budget- and I was specifically looking for a small superzoom camera that could fit in a pocket. I needed a quality camera. I looked at several choices, like the Olympus Stylus cameras.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, no one wanted to ship this camera, or several others, to Puerto Rico. In the end, however, I found it at an incredible deal from a seller willing to ship it here, refurbished, and in a bundle, all for $129.95 and free 3 day shipping- complete with extra battery and additional 16 GB SD Card.

I found the camera to be really easy to use. It has full PASM controls (translation: full manual control), scenes, full HD video and 20X zoom with some extra digital zoom. The real draw of this camera, however, is the Intelligent Auto mode. It's definitely the greatest auto mode ever made for a camera. The way it detects the best ISO, shutter speed and aperture blows the competition away. It knows when to shoot at a fast shutter speed, it knows which ISO to use and so on. Auto mode is supposed to do this in most cameras (point and shoot, at least.) The ZS25 does. The others don't.

Image quality is superb. Don't really have a lot to say in that department. The only possible caveat I have with the camera is that in ISO's beyond 800 the grains and pixels blur the image to near-useless quality in most situations. To get an optimal image in such conditions you need to experiment and see what works. Another GREAT feature of the camera is that the macro is surprisingly strong. So you'll get some great closeups. The flash is very strong also, so be sure to keep some distance. Flash isn't very good at extreme closeups, as the flash is kinda blocked in a corner and as a result a corner is black.

Overall, I strongly recommend this camera. And thank you for the great bundle and price, Photo4Less. Really happy with my purchase!

Oh, and if anyone says image quality is bad and that the zoom is bad, well... they do not know how to use a camera. Plain and simple.
on December 28, 2014
This was to replace a Limix I already own. This a great camera. For being refurbished, it comes as new and works great. I decided on a refurbished camera since my cameras take a beating. It was well packaged, came in great time, and great shape.
on June 11, 2015
This is an outstanding camera. I used to take professional pictures. Now leave my DSLR at home most of the time. Incredible zoom, fast lens and also lets the photographer take control if they want to.
on February 21, 2015
Great gift set. Everything for the weekend photographer or young family
on January 21, 2015
Beautiful camera. I bought one for both of my kids and they love it!
on December 28, 2014
Everything I expected and more. Fantastic lens!
on November 24, 2014
fast ship, right camera
on August 8, 2014
As described thank you!
on September 14, 2014
Everything 100%
on July 22, 2014
I like it very much, it works well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.