Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on July 5, 2010
Since it isn't clear in the Amazon description.....Yes...This battery will work in the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 camera. On the back it has the battery model number of DMW-BLB13PP which IS the newest version of the BLB13 series of batteries. The PP indicates that it is compatible with the newer line of cameras that use an IC chip to detect batteries that are not "Approved" by Panasonic.....(meaning....you didn't buy a battery from Panasonic). I made the mistake of buying a battery from Amazon that was produced by Lenmar for the Panasonic G1....figuring since it was in the same "G" line of products.....when my new G2 flashed a screen that said the camera wouldn't work with that battery I had to send it back and get this one. I wasn't sure it would work until I actually got the package and it did have the "PP" after the part number. Any Panasonic G1 made after July 2009 will need this new BLB13PP battery, or older units that have had a firmware update after July 2009. I hope that Lenmar will soon be able to produce a new battery with the chip like this one since they make fine batteries for a lot less money. Until then, this one is working well in my G2....I just took it to a youth activity and shot a 150 large sized pictures and at least 30 minutes worth of video before the battery meter dropped a notch....that's on the second charge since I got it so I expect the capacity to increase a bit.
on November 15, 2010
This is NOT a knock off replacement battery. It is the REAL deal, an authentic Panasonic brand battery. I use it with my Lumix GF1 camera. It is exactly the same as the original battery that came with my camera, therefore, I also use the same charger. I bought this one to use as a spare on a trip. On the screen you'll see a battery life indicator with 3 bars. By the end of the day, after shooting 200++ photos, only 1 bar is used up. So the battery lasts long (like all other Lumix camera batteries).
on July 18, 2009
What can I say about this battery but it is exactly what I wanted. A spare battery for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. It came in a nice box in bubble wrap and came as advertised. I already charged the battery and tested it in the camera and it works perfect. It is also true that with the 1.3 firmware loaded into the G1 camera body, this is the only battery that will work. 3rd party batteries will not. I don't mind as I would probably only buy the Panasonic brand anyway. If I could, I'd give this battery 4.5 stars because I agree with some of the other reviewers that this battery is a bit pricey, but in the end I will give it 5 since it does its job well.
on March 24, 2014
This is the correct battery for the lumix G2k Camera. There are other batteries on the market for less price. I chose to pay a little extra and purchase from Adorama because they are well know for dealing with the Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) parts. Adorama sells only products that are designed for your equipment and it is sure to work. The battery has been fully charged and is working as it should, perfect. Don't didn't waste time trying to buy some replacement battery that is titled, "Replacement For DMW-BLB13". Please read the reviews. People are experiencing problem with those third party products.
on December 27, 2009
Having used 3rd party batteries in the past, my experience with them has been a mixed bag. Some worked OK but many either they did not fit on the camera charger properly or they started loosing juice after 4 months or so. I noticed once that a particular 3rd party battery I had was getting very hot during charging. So, this time around, I decided to not jeopardize my new investment (a Panasonic G1 camera) and buy an original replacement battery as spare. Yes, they are more expensive but not by much and it gives me peace of mind. Also, Panasonic has issued some firmware updates that checks for 3rd party battery and rejects them (for safety reasons, they claim). However, if you really want to risk your equipment and save $20, eBay now has some 3rd party batteries that "supposedly" work with the new Panasonic firmware. In the end, you are in control. You can't go wrong with the original battery, though.
on June 3, 2011
In my previous review I gave 1 star. The description of the battery indicated it would work on G series cameras but it will not work on a Panasonic DMC-GH2. When I ordered it the GH2 was in route from Amazon. I had not sourced the OEM battery's number. The battery was returned per Amazon's directions.

I then received a email from the seller apologizing for the experience. The email included a offer to make things right. This was a first. While I was disappointed with the battery I have to give Commercial Solutions 5 stars for their follow up. I hope if I ever have to make a return in the future the seller exhibits the same level of customer service Commercial Solutions has here.
on April 11, 2016
Perfect fit and came in handy when I flashed the camera for firmware. It wouldn't take the generic battery, glad I purchased the original battery before completing. Battery was fully functional at arrival.
on August 17, 2010
A LOT OF RESEARCH WENT INTO BUYING THIS PRODUCT AND THE G1 CAMERA FOR WHICH IT IS USED..
SO I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED! DELIVERY WAS PROMPT, EVEYTHING WAS CURRENT...AND EVERYTHING WAS JUST AS PROMISED...THANK YOU!
on December 1, 2009
You will need an extra battery for your Panasonic DMC-G1 or DMC-GH1 camera because the electronic viewfinder places an additional drain on the battery. Some reviewers have complained about the price, but compared to the $69 extra battery for the Sony A900 camera, the price of the Panasonic battery doesn't look so bad. Just buy the battery so that you don't run out of power while you are out shooting.

I can't comment on the battery life because I have owned it for only two months.
on July 10, 2010
Yes, a tad overpriced...but considering how LONG this battery lasts, it's worth every single cent.

Hours and Hours of photos taking and many many Movies on the GF1, and still power left. I originally bought 2 extras (3 total - 1 came with the camera). I will send one back, they last so long, I'll never use it.

So maybe you won't even need an extra...but It's always good to have one for those long trips...