Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on June 20, 2013
The battery pictures show the DMC-BLC12 with english characters, but the description says they are for the GH2HK. I received them in a 'better than promised' time frame, but the batteries had the Lumix logo with Kanji characters instead of english. Sure enough the camera will not display the battery life, so if it dies during a shot, you will lose that clip. To me it's an obvious attempt to mislead the buyer, hence the low rating. They are real Panasonic batteries, just not ones that will work in the plain GH2.
on May 21, 2014
For me, after market batteries for my cameras just doesn't make sense as I have far to much invested. The extended battery for my Panasonic pro video cam AG-HCM40 retails for a whopping $250 I was lucky to find it on Amazon for $110.

I recently purchased the Panny FZ200 it's a marvelous camera but the battery life is short especially if it's a long shoot - so this was a no brainer. Most of us have either experienced or heard of after market batteries used in high end equipment at best not performing up to par and at worst, leaking or by other malfunctions ruining valuable equipment.

It's not the worth the risk.

This battery is the genuine article by the OEM, it charged up in no time and has saved me a great deal of time as I don't have to swap cameras when I'm shooting or wait for a semi-charge. Having a fully charged back up is essential and the price for this battery is outstanding. Add Free second day delivery for Prime Members and this makes the deal just that much sweeter.

Highly Recommended.
on November 16, 2015
I recently bought this battery for my Lumix GX8, the camera came with a very reliable Panasonic DMW-BLC12E battery, but when I tried to buy a backup battery this DMW-BLC12 was the only one available. It has not performed well for me, it does not consistently hold a charge. The battery is not a Japanese built battery and does not appear to be made for use with the Lumix GX8 camera. It does work in the camera, but fades rapidly. It is very frustrating. Keep in mind this is only one sample, other of the same brand may be fine. I think I can do better with after market batteries. For my GX7 I found Halcyon batteries and excellent alternative to Panasonic batteries, so I will be looking for their DWM-BLC12E battery for the GX8.
on January 14, 2016
I believe this is a knock off product. Anyway, it would never hold a charge very long. Six months after buying this product it is completely dead and will not charge. Buyer beware
on January 20, 2013
There are not many camera batteries that actually churn out a true 500 pictures per shot (CIPA)

I decided to conduct a full CIPA test of this battery, google CIPA test protocol. And I did it twice, on the first test 535 images on the second test 537 images. They are CIPA rated for 500. These are amazing batteries in all respect.

One battery provides me about 2 hours of video recording time.

Some people are advocating the purchase of third party packs, sure it will not void the camera warranty but third party packs can damage the camera and in turn void the warranty. Also their performance is not tested by CIPA

Pay the extra premium if you are a pro or someone who does not want a headache!
on June 10, 2015
Good - the charge doesn't always last as long as I would like, but then again, I'm shooting multiple sporting events. To be fair, I can shoot one game, 400-450 still shots on one charge (I utilize the power zoom on the FZ 1000 quite a bit). I may have a little left after that. I haven't tested it's performance using video. For most folks on vacation or shooting casual events, that's probably more than enough capacity for a full day of activity.
on November 23, 2014
hey i bought 2 extra batteries. i have been taking photographs for the last 38 years (got my 1st camera back when i was 12, today im 50) anyways, i bought them coz im shooting a new years concert run in denver and i have found it easy to burst mode thousands upon thousands of images and actually have exhausted the battery on a hike thru the comox valley, more specifically it was on Endor or as we earthlings call it "cathedral grove" on vancouver island. make a point to go if you havent. so sorry i digress. why not have more than enough juice? photography has taught me many things over these years. my least fave is frustration and it can happen due to lots of issues. one issue you can prevent is dead batteries. so thats why i bought three. see you on deck, senator!
on April 20, 2015
While these batteries are somewhat overpriced for what they are, I like knowing that I can be sure that the Lumix brand is completely compatible with my camera and that I'm getting a good product. This works great, holds it charge well when not in the camera, and seems to last forever when I'm taking shots. So, I grudgingly pay the extra money, and it is a good battery.
on July 18, 2014
It works and the camera will read charge status. My two previous OEM (Lumix) batteries have function well over the last three years. Needed a third battery for longer and additional daily games. Note my non-OEM batteries were not compatible with the LUMIX battery power indicator. Additionally the non-OEM would not last as long as the OEM even though the non-OEM had a higher Ampere-hour rating.
on June 26, 2017
Don't buy unknown/noname batteries (for cheap). They'll disappoint you when you'll need them most.
These genuine batteries are perfect and last for years. They hold energy as stated and are ultra reliable