Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on November 26, 2012
Face it, micro 4/3rds cameras are battery hogs. I was avoiding getting an extra battery, but once I depleted the one battery I had during a photo outing, I knew I had to get another as a backup. There are non-Panasonic alternatives out there, and they may work very well, but these units have built in circuitry that communicates its status with the camera, so you will loose this feature if you go with a third party alternative.

Even if that does not bother you, I suggest you go with the Panasonic version. As an electronics engineer, I've seen first hand what a lithium battery failure can do to a device when it heats up due to failure. I've also seen plenty of cheap Asian knockoffs, and the supposed equal quality they claim to have. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a big fan of third party alternatives, but in the case of batteries, I'd stick to the name brand.
on September 17, 2011
Amazon lists this item as Panasonic part number DMW-BLD10; a replacement battery for the Panasonic Lumix GF2 camera. Panasonic literature is very specific in stating that the GF2 camera requires battery #DMW-BLD10PP. The subject battery listed by Amazon as #DMW-BLD10 does not include the letters PP. However, it is in fact an exact replacement for the original Lumix GF2 camera battery and the correct part number is shown on the battery and the manufacturers package. I was hesitant to buy this product because the Amazon part number did not exactly match Panasonics part number. According to other Amazon customer reviews, GF2 camera replacement batteries made by manufacturers other than Panasonic do not perform properly. Problems alledgedly include half the battery life and loss of some LCD display functions. Amazon should update the product description for this battery to include the letters PP in the part number so that customers can be certain they are ordering an exact replacement for the original GF2 camera battery. THIS EXACT BATTERY IS SOLD ELSEWHERE FOR $89.99!
on January 18, 2015
I purchased this for my G3 because the two Wasabi Power battries that I purchased in Aug 2011 started to swell about year ago. They still hold a charge, but they jam in my G3. I looped electrical tape around the the bodies to use a bootstraps so I could pull them back out... but they are now too swollen to use. My origional Lumix batteru is still doing pretty good, so I decided to get another OEM battery as a replacement. I'm not a "Battery Snob". I have some Canon Elph and Panasonic ZS20 point and shot with Wasabi batteries. My G3 is still a nice camera though, and I really don't want to risk damaging it just to save $15. Plus, Its nice to know how much power is REALLY remaining.
I've had mostly good experiences with clone batteries in my various digital cameras, but increasingly camera makers are putting chips in their batteries and software that looks for these chips in the cameras to prevent you from using clones. My new/used GX1 refuses to work without a factory battery, so I'm kind of stuck with the factory unit. On the other hand, this particular battery was priced at less than half the list price, and as far as I can tell, it's a new battery. It arrived with a near-full charge and seems to work just fine. And using a Panasonic battery means that if something in the battery does fail and damages your camera (I've seen this with nicads, but not with lithium batteries), it's Panasonic's responsibility to fix it.
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2014
This is the battery for the GX1 as well, which I own. Panasonic makes the only battery for these cameras which offers correct charge level information on your camera. For many of us, it's reflexive to glance at that icon and keep shooting away, totally oblivious as long as we see three healthy bars. With non-Panasonic batteries you'll see three bars right up until the battery is ready to die. So even though I paid double the price over the Wasabi battery, I think that charge level indicator is worth it. It's just how we're programmed to work with a camera.

Works just like the original battery that came with my camera.
on November 13, 2011
The battery indicator is correctly shown on my Panasonic G3 camera when using this battery. It's not the cheapest battery you can use, but you know it will fit correctly and it's less likely to cause damage to your camera. If you're like me and spent hundreds/thousands of dollars on the camera, why risk a your device over $20-30 in savings.
on June 25, 2014
After many attempts to save money by buying third-party battery copies, with varying degrees of success, I just go for the original version so as not to be stuck with reduced capacity, sudden failures and the like. Yes it costs more, and yes it really is an outrageous price, all things considered. But its worth it for the peace of mind.
on August 17, 2013
You get what you pay for... great battery compared to off-brand suppliers. I highly recommend anyone considering cheaper brands to think long and hard. These may cost more but they may save you a headache in the future.
on June 18, 2013
Three of these (original plus 2 additional) gave me the juice I needed to thoroughly document a 6-day backpacking trip using my GX1. No complaints or issues whatsoever.
on October 4, 2013
I purchased the Panasonic brand battery to be sure I had no problems with compatibility with the charger, and no overcharging problems. I have had no problems, but I do wish these had a bit longer life in my GX1. I probably get about 250-300 shots per charge.