Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on February 3, 2010
It will also fit the Leica D-Lux 4. There's a ring around the camera lens that is removed and this conversion tube, treaded on both ends, will replace the ring. This tube will take 46mm filters and is deep enough to allow the lens to move in and out. I didn't notice any vignetting. Of course, with this conversion tube attached, the really cool camera case can't be used. You'll have to do what you used to do with your SLR -- in-the-field accessory swapping.
on May 15, 2011
I wanted to use filters on my Panasonic LX3 so an adapter is required. This one is made by Panasonic, the quality is superb, the fit is perfect. With the adapter on and a filter mounted, the camera takes on a rather professional looking appearance. A lot of money for a little piece of metal, but it is precision made and feels like a very high quality adapter.
on February 14, 2010
Given that the LX-3's beautiful lens is unprotected, the adapter really is an essential accessory to have with the camera. The construction, quality and machining are excellent. I use it with a 46 to 52mm step up adapter so I can use my other camera filters with the LX-3.

Given the price of the LX-3, it is a pity that Panasonic does not provide this with the camera.
on June 28, 2009
It took a while to get this product but it was worth the wait. This beauty now adds protection to my LX3 lens and I'm now able to use my UV and polarizing filter (PF), useful to get those veiling effects on waterfalls I love to take. The PF enables me to set a slow shutter speed while having great dof. Woohoo let go on a photo-shoot!
on June 30, 2010
I am glad I bought this little thing. I feel better about poking the LX3 lens close to the subject. The adapter protects the lens well. It is nicely constructed. It would be thoughtful of Panasonic to have provided a 46mm lens cap to accompany the adapter.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
Permits me to attach the wider amgle adpator lens to my Lumis LX3. Great piece of equipment. Well Made, too.
on August 22, 2011
Works great for using filters. To attach, you just unscrew the ring around the lens. Note that you won't be able to use the lens cap with the adapter on.
on March 3, 2010
This is a nice accessory for my LX-3 - I use it to attach a polarizing filter. It is good quality metal, with nicely-machined threads for the filters.
on April 8, 2011
You will need this if you want to use the Panasonic DMW-L46 telephot lens for your Lumix DMC LX3. The lens won't fit unless you attach this first.
on July 5, 2011
I bought this for my LX-3 because I got tired of fussing with the lens cap. The LX-3 lens is not designed to take a protective filter, and you must use this tube, screwed on over the lens, to provide for filters, accessory wide-angle lenses and what-not. It's a milled, steel tube with no moving parts, and the down-side is that, when attached, it adds a protuberance to an otherwise compact camera. I'll betcha you don't use it much. It is specific to the LX-3; the newer models use a different tube.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.