Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on December 25, 2015
As much as I love my Lumix, there were situations where I just could not see what I was shooting. My nephew's wedding was one of those. It was outdoors and I literally could not see what I was shooting. I also just never got quite the shot I wanted, indoors or out. I'd been looking at this viewfinder for a while, but it's kind of pricey. Finally decided to pony up for it. Excellent decision. It now pretty much lives on the camera and I can see what I'm shooting wherever I am. I'm getting more use out of the camera, and enjoying it a lot more.
on March 9, 2014
If you are taking picture using the LCD screen, you're loosing out some significant fun.

This articulated EVF is so much sharper and brighter. It lets you concentrate on composing instead of being distracted - one of the major likes for a DSLR. If you're one of the old timers who has a taste for box camera - this a a god sent as you can now look down to take pictures - it just can't be done with other mirrorless with a built-in EVF. Needless to say how it can help under strong sun light. Once on, I have never taken it off. Oh yeah, what about the hotshoe? I haven't used my Metz as the built-in is there.
on May 4, 2014
I think this view finder is a must for the serious photographer owner of an LX7. I used to have an LX5 with the previous model of the viewfinder (it doesn't work on the LX7 and viceversa) and this one is on another category. The image is clear and with excellent definition and the fact that can be angled makes working with a tripod breeze. It is not inexpensive but the LX7 merits it, more so if you can get a used one in good condition. Highly recommended
on June 28, 2014
I bought this add on optical viewfinder to use on my LX7 camera because I was becoming more and more frustrated with being unable to see the LED screen on a sunny day. This really solved the problem. It worked very well in fact it worked so well that I use it all the time. The down side is that it you can't put the camera in your pocket anymore, but for me I'm OK with this. To me it was more important to see the subject than to have the portability. I hesitated to buy it earlier because of the cost but for me it was worth buying it.
on July 16, 2014
I had no idea how useful this view finder would be. I use it constantly for outdoor shots with my GX1!
on March 25, 2014
I really love my little LX7 camera, but there was something about it I just didn't like, and that was holding it up like a phone to take a picture. After using it that way for 6 months I finally caved in and ordered this extra viewfinder and can report I am very happy I did so now and wish I did it from the start. It's just so much more easier to hold the camera up to your eye than holding it out in front of you like a cell phone. Also it's way less obtrusive when doing so.
on April 5, 2016
The picture is great, but my complaint is the amount of light produced within the eyepiece which leaves my eye disoriented (especially in darker areas).
I was seeing white spots after using this piece. I value my eyesight over the product and had to return it.
on July 23, 2013
all the improvements on this lvf2 were very necessary. the resolution is great. the diopter adjuster is located between the mount and the tilting finder. the lvf/lcd toggle button has been moved to the rear for improved durability (the lvf1 has the button on the side, felt like i was going to snap it off). lastly there is a small latching mechanism that hold the lvf2 in place as the lvf1 always seemed to work its self loose. Now I just with they had a external mic accessory to complete the package.
on October 13, 2014
This turned my Panasonic GX1 from a camera I liked into a camera I love. What a difference this tilting viewfinder makes in shooting comfort. One you put it on you will never part with it.
on September 24, 2014
I attached this to my Leica D-Lux6 camera and it seems to work fine. A big help when I was in sunlight and couldn't see the camera-back very well. It does, however, seem to be any energy hog as my battery seems to run down faster than usual. Enjoy it and keep a spare battery handy.