Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 383 reviews
on February 3, 2015
Purchased this product in 2012 for internet streaming on daughter's 42" Panasonic Viera (not a smart TV). It works fine & at the time I paid less than $50. Prices do increase over time but I think it's highway robbery what Amazon is selling this thing for now which is more than 3X's as much. Why bother. You can get an excellent blu-ray player for less money and more options than this LAN adapter has to offer.
on August 16, 2014
It has a USELESS Manual included. When following the Panasonic site instructions for set up, It would not connect to my Router due to older WPS security standard which is no longer supported by Century Link Router. Called Panasonic Tech Service. They will want $10 to TRY to get it working under these conditions. Use an alternate procedure by bypassing PIN method, and search your Wireless networks FIRST. My TV model is TC-P50S30 Veira Plasma whose hard wire receptacle went bad, forcing me to abandon internet cable.
on January 22, 2012
When I bought my Panasonic TV thIs adapter was being sold for $99. I decided to skip it and use an Apple Airport Express I already owned and connected it to the TV with a cable. It worked, but I didn't like having one more cable to deal with. And it seemed to take the TV forever to find the router - had to repeatedly push the VieraCast button to get it to hook up.

Now, about a year later, Amazon had it at 1/2 the price so I gave it a try. Works good but still doesn't usually find the router on the first try, though it seems to find it sooner overall. It's very unobtrusive and was simple to install (how hard is it to plug something in?)

Can't speak to range, as my wireless router is probably only 15 ft. from the TV.

Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone at the lower price.
on November 27, 2010
I had a lot of trouble getting this to connect to my home wireless network via my new Cisco high-speed, dual-band router. I am using it to connect our new Panasonic Viera HDTV to Vieracast. I finally was able to get it to work by registering the adapter's pin in the advanced settings on my router. Once connected, it works very well. The problem has been that I have a problem connecting each time I go to use it. It seems like I have to have my laptop turned on for it to connect to the server. I don't know if the issue is with the adapter or my router settings.
on January 25, 2012
Bought the Panasonic big screen TV that was internet ready not realizing we needed to purchase the wireless LAN adapter. Arrived in timely fashion and was as advertized. However, not sure if I am completely sold on quality. Hoping this would alleviate having to use the HDMI and computer. Netflix does not seem to want to work well, keeps needing to rebuffer - kind of frustrating. Will say that we have watched movies through Amazon only using the adapter and had no issues. So, possible it could just be Netflix. Overall, I would still recommend this product.
on November 17, 2010
got this product for my new panasonic viera tv... pretty much works ok but i have to push the vieracast button a several times to get it to make a connection. I have gotten frustrated on at least one occassion (in two weeks of use) and gone off to do something else. If i were to do it over again i'd probably look at a wi-fi extender that would go down by my television and dvd player and plug into them with ethernet cables... like i say, i haven't tried that yet... i did get around to moving my wi-fi modem away from my electronic hardware and i think i'm seeing some improvement... it's what i'm using for now.
on September 30, 2015
This wireless booster didn't improve our wireless reception as much as Panasonic advertised. Our TV and laptops are approx. 35 ft from our Apple wireless router in standard one story house with sheetrock walls. I was torn rating it with 2 stars or 3.
on July 30, 2012
The adapter worked fine until I bought a new router (Apple). We configured the router with a pass code this time (last router was open to all that could connect). Now when I try to connect my Viero model TC-P42S30 to my wi-fi network, I keep getting an authentication or time out error. I'm at my wits end! I know my password is correct as my Mac, IPad and phones are all connected to this wifi network.

Any suggestions? BTW...I'm a complete tech newbie, so dummy instructions are appreciated!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
costs too much
on January 16, 2012
The adapter works fine for everything except Netflix. I can stream Pandora, Amazon streaming, Hulu, etc but it has to buffer every 5 minutes or so when I'm streaming netflix which makes it completely unwatchable. Luckily I have my PS3 hooked up to the same TV so I can just use that for netflix. The issue is certainly not my wireless network, my internet speed is nearly 20MB and as I mentioned the PS3 is sitting right next to the TV and has no trouble streaming netflix.