Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose Ear Hair Trimmer
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 1-Pack|Change
Price:$15.15+ Free shipping

on June 26, 2015
I have a drawer with almost half a dozen nose hair trimmers that stopped working after only a few uses. With so many positive reviews, I hoped this would actually work reliably. Unfortunately, it didn't. It worked fine a few times, then stopped. I give up. All of the battery powered trimmers I have tried are junk.
review image
on December 26, 2011
I purchased both the Panasonic ER-GN30-k and the Wahl 5546-200. I had high hopes for the Wahl, but it didn't cut hair as close as the Panasonic did. There were some hairs that it just wouldn't touch (even though they're right there!). The Panasonic didn't have any problems.

The difference might be related to the design of the end of the blade guard, as the Wahl is wide open, where the Panasonic blade guard kind of wraps around the top or tip of the blade.

I would recommend the Panasonic over the Wahl by a mile.
VINE VOICEon June 15, 2011
Size: 1-Pack|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I feel like my thick, dry, coarse curly hair is a curse when it comes to hair trimming electric devices and razors. Sadly, this is no exception. I tried using the trimmer in the usual culprit places. Eyebrows, nose, ears, and goatee.

Ears: 5 stars. No problems here.
Eyebrows: 3.5 stars. The rotary function made accurate trimming a bit tricky. A few snags and had to go in a couple of times to do a complete job.
Nose: 3 stars. It seemed to miss a lot, probably due to moisture and the slick lining of my nostrils? No snags at least.
Goatee/Mustache: 1 star. Snag snag snag! Ouch!
Overall performance: 3 stars

There's no doubt about the fact that this is an improvement, but it's just not enough of a leap in technology to make it enjoyable. For now I'll continue to have my wife trim those areas with dull-nosed facial hair scissors.
66 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This works well, better than the mangroomer one I had before. That lasted only a couple weeks, and was problematic from day one. This one is a little more solid. Easy to disassemble for cleaning, but as with most of these, doesn't really seem to spin very quickly. I kept half expecting a sharp stab of pain as a hair was ripped out painfully, but it did a good job of cutting. Other than a little tickling it did the job well and quickly.
Little noise, great price, and comes with a cap to top it off. Good deal.
on February 6, 2012
The item works well so long as it's functioning. Mine broke after 2 uses. Had high hopes for the product but the durability is poor. I didn't even get use it in the shower or anything. Moving to the Wahl products now.
on April 6, 2012
Im sure it's a good product based on the glowing reviews... However mine arrived and worked for about 2 seconds then stopped. I tried multiple batteries and was able to play with the switch and got it running again for another 10 -15 seconds then it quit completely. Returned it back to Amazon less than 15 min after recieving it.
66 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2015
Earth 2015, the world is besieged by the Tentacle Horde. You have been chosen as one of the billions of people on earth to join the fight! We have Chain Saws, Light Sabers, Axes and all manner of weaponry imagined by man. However, we passed all of those cool things out already and you have been left with this: the Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose Ear Hair Trimmer.......Fear not, as you charge into the fray, we'll be rooting for you.

Pros: It's small and doesn't take up a lot of space. It's easy to clean. So far it has done it's intended purpose of cleaning up nasal hairs. It hasn't snagged caused any painful pulling. It's fairly easy to clean: I simply rinse and shake it a few times till I see no more small hairs coming out when I shake it. Make sure you turn the blue dial to the picture with the water faucet before using it with water, you don't want your battery compartment getting wet.

Cons: This product is intended for the small hairs coming out of your ears and your noses. If you look somewhat like Davy Jones (pictured), you might want something a little bigger.

Recommended? Of course!
review image
on June 24, 2014
I purchased this nose hair trimmer in February. At first, it worked ok but not great. Within a month, it was working sporadically. I should have returned it then, but I figured that I would just put up with a mediocre piece of equipment, which I did until around a month ago (May). At that time, it stopped working, but after around a week, I tried it again, and it worked, albeit, barely. At this point (June 24), it doesn't work at all. I tried to return it, only to find that I couldn't. I buy a lot through Amazon. This is the first time, after many thousands of dollars of purchases, that I really feel that I got ripped off. I took excellent care of the device. I used as instructed. I never dropped it -- not once. And I am left holding the bag. The only part that is ok is that I guess I can afford the loss.

Amazon has a reputation of customer satisfaction. While the item was not good, Amazon really stepped up to the plate. I wrote an email to Amazon and within 24 hours, I was issued a refund.

My conclusions: I would not recommend the item to anyone. I do strongly recommend Amazon. They stand behind the products more than anyone else on the internet.
on November 6, 2011
The head/cutting internals broke after three uses (and a few days past the return period). Before that, it sported a weak motor even with an excellent battery. I also experienced quite a bit of tug and pull. Even if it had not broken, I would have purchased something else.
on May 8, 2013
This product worked well for 7.5 months. Then it quit. It has a two year warranty, but you must pay shipping and insurance to mail it to Texas for repair and include sales receipt/proof of purchase. So it,s probably not worth the time and effort. I will just buy another brand.