Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 17, 2016
I spent a lot of time checking out all of the top rated electric razors. First, I wanted a razor that would give me a decent shave, I enjoy shaving with a blade and lather when I have the time and didn't expect as close a shave from an electric. Secondly, I didn't want to spend too much for what I want but I also didn't want to spend much less than $100.00 because I've had those razors in the past and they are poor value, don't shave well at all and don't last long.
Now, why I picked the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4. First it was in my price range, very important to me. Some models, although very good, get Ridiculously expensive. Secondly, the reviews from other purchasers on Amazon rated this model highly, better than the Arc 5. I didn't want a washing station, just more crap around my sink. It doesn't have to be plugged in all the time, again less crap hanging around, the razor, cord and charger sitting out. It holds the charge for definitely more than a week and charges in ONE HOUR. I've time it several times, from flat battery to full charge, one hour. The digital read out on the handle is very handy, tells you how much charge you have left and how long you took to shave.
It has a big head, which to me is good, covers more area with each stroke. I have had no trouble at all around my nose or those few hair that hide in the corner of your mouth. The area around my adam's apple doesn't come out perfect, but is very acceptable to me. I usually shave in less than 3 minutes. If that's too long, you're in trouble. It's easy to clean. Running water will do it, I like using an can of compressed air. Blow it out in two seconds and it's not wet when I put it away. I liked the features and lay out of the Arc4 better than even the more expensive units.
They suggest you allow 30 days for your face to get accustomed to the unit. It took about half that for my face to not know I'd shaved it. As your face gets used to it, the shave gets better and better. I never expected to get this close a shave from an electric and without face burn. I am very happy with my Arc4. You won't be sorry if you buy an Arc4.
Hope this was of some help to you.
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 3, 2017
It was finally time to replace my old Panasonic cordless shaver (model ES8103) which I have been fairly happy with. I've grown accustomed to needing to follow-up with a disposable razor to get stray hairs on my neck and just behind my jaw. So, when I read the reviews on the new shavers from Panasonic I was excited with all the reports that this new Panasonic gives people the 'closest shave they have ever gotten from an electric shaver.' Now, almost $200 later, I have it and I have shaved with it and it shaves no different. The size and shape of the razor are bigger and this 4-arc nonsense is just that. As you can see from my pictures, both the old Panasonic shaver and the new ARC4 have only two razors. One has a big head on it, one has a small head on it. I get the exact same shave!

See the photos and decide for yourself if this $200 Panasonic shaver is worth $140 more than the $60 Panasonic shaver.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
99 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2015
I've been using Panasonic shavers for over 8 years now and overall, love the brand and performance. This particular model is no exception. When I first got it, the shaving head took some getting used to. It's much bulkier than my previous models. But it was easy enough to get used to with a 360 degree floating head and four blades giving a very close shave. The floating head can also be locked for a tighter feel. The trimmer pops out on the back side of the blade head and works satisfactorily. If you really want a tight trimmer groom, however, I would suggest getting a separate trimmer. It's too bulky to maneuver if you're trying to trim a nice beard line. The charge display is a nice blue color and helpful to see how much charge is left. And the on/off switch has a lock on it so you don't accidentally hit the button and turn it off while shaving. And for those who haven't used a wet/dry shaver with shaving lotion, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. This shaver excels at this and it makes for a wonderfully "fresh" shave feel when done, like a traditional shave without the razor burn. It also comes with a charging base that also serves as a very nice cleaning unit. Honestly, the it keeps the shaver cutting like new. That said, this was the fatal flaw that forced me to only give it 4 stars and return it after a week. The cleaning unit worked for about a week and failed. The status light would come on and stay on. I've had other Panasonic wet/dry shavers with this type of cleaning system and it does seem to be a rather common problem. This one failed soon after I got it but most at least last a year and will likely be covered by warranty service if you want to go through the trouble.
on May 22, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised at how well this worked. Previously, I was using a rotary electric shaver and this one is better. I especially like it since it can be used on my face while it is wet with soap and warm water (shaving cream is too thick). It's still not quite as close a shave as a good new razor but no one else will see or feel the difference shortly after the shave (e.g., wife with tender cheeks). Holds a battery charge very well so you don't have to drag the charger if you're going away for a week or 10 days (I haven't tried to see how much longer it might work before fully depleted). If you don't like it you can return it to Panasonic within 30 days for any reason (or so they say but I didn't put this promise to the test).
on July 14, 2016
I read all of the reviews and decided to give this a try. I did not want to get waxed for my cruise so I thought I would use this electric razor for my arms, legs, and other private parts. It is marketed toward men but is great for women too. My husband is also very impressed with it as he is not had good experience with other shavers. Easy to use, charge and clean. Works best with full charge.
review imagereview image
on January 26, 2017
I replaced a 6-yr old Remington piece of junk; I could no longer get titanium replacement blades and screens. I spent many hours researching shavers, especially very pricey Braun shavers. Then a review site pointed me to consider Panasonic. Boy, was this a great choice. Definitely not as close a shave as a blade razor but the most comfortable electric shaver I have ever used except for a 20 year old Philips/Norelco rotary which never did cut very close. I bought this cheaper Panasonic model instead of the LA93 (?) which has the big charging and cleaning station; not worth the extra money. This is my first experience with a waterproof shaver; I now put a thin layer of normal (cheap) blade shave cream on my face, then use the electric. Boy is that an improvement over using an electric shaver "dry"! OK, about the quality of the shave . . . on large, flat areas of the cheek, almost as close as a blade shave. My neck hairs grow in different directions; it takes multiple passes in various directions to get a visibly close shave. I say "visibly close" because you can still feel stubble with your fingers. My lower chin is my problem area: tough, wiry beard, growing in all directions. I spend as much time on my lower chin as on the whole rest of my face. Eventually I can get a visually close shave but it certainly does not feel very close (just ask my wife!). A warning: it is very easy to scalp your sideburns if you aren't careful. I generally stay away from the bottom of the sideburns and then trim them with a blade safety razor later. (The trimmer cutter on this electric razor does not get close at all!) Overall, this Panasonic gives a pretty good shave. It is best for a quick 5 o'clock shadow cleanup or for weekends when I might not shave until the afternoon. But my best shave is with a blade safety razor while in the shower! But, of course, occasionally I get a nick or two that way.
on July 5, 2017
At age 64 I have owned plenty of shavers. The last 2 were Braun System 7s. Nice but they never wowed me like they wow some people and certain things I did not like. Before the Brauns I owned a bunch of Norelcos.

Decided to change pace with the Panasonic. The Braun cleaning system while cool sounding, only works so well and requires you to spend a lot of replacement cartridges. So I was find "regressing" to a shaver with no cleaning system.

The quality of the shave is so far (2 weeks) superior to any shaver I have owned. Smoother and easier to shave. Contrary to some reviews I find the shaver to be quiet, or at least quieter to the Brauns I owned. I never liked the Braun trimmer and this one (while not perfect) is much better; easier to pop up and fits in the nooks and crannies better.

The head pops off easily and cleans quickly. I don't use shaving cream but will wet my face with water and the shaver works great that way.

The only negative (and it's a small one) is that if I haven't cleaned the razor the metal smells and bit when under my nose. A drop or two or liquid soap and a clean and the smell goes away for a couple days.

All in all this one's been a real winner for me!
on February 3, 2016
Simply Wow!!!

Buying this Panasonic Electric Razor has to be one of the best decisions of my life. If like me you have sensitive skin and have suffered while using a regular razor for years THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I have always hated shaving. Razor burn, razor bumps, sore skin, redness. Oh the pain and suffering! I had been thinking about trying an electric razor for a number of years, but the high cost of the premium electric razors always put me off. I thought it would be an expensive risk to take. However, in recent years I have been unable to have more than twice a week without pain. I finally decided to give it a whirl and chose the Panasonic. I did not expect it to be any good for me at least. But I just had to try. I read a number of reviews and the manufacturers instructions/guidance. The one thing that struck me most was that Panasonic advised that you use the razor for 30 consecutive days to allow your skin to get used to it.

A word of advice and caution. The first two days I used the razor I was rather disappointed as a lot of hair was left behind. However, I remembered the advice from Panasonic and persevered. As the days rolled by I got more and more used to using the razor, and my skin got more and more used to it as well. Within the first week or so I was hooked and in love with my Panasonic razor. I have shaved every day for nearly four weeks, for the first time in my life. It is fantastic to use and everyday I learn a little bit more about using the razor and about my face and my beard.

Three pieces of advice. Firstly, take your time and enjoy the shave. Believe me you can and you will enjoy it. It can take a number of strokes of the razor from a number of directions to get all of the hair but it gets easier and easier the more you shave. Secondly, the shave is never going to be as close as a traditional razor shave after you have let you beard grow for a number of days. But it is pretty damn close. In fact for me it is too close to bother about. What makes the Panasonic infinitely better is that there is no pain, no redness, no soreness at all WHATSOEVER! Thirdly, I would recommend using a powder shaving stick. I am currently using a Blocmen one but will be trying other brands as well.

I cannot praise the Panasonic highly enough. It has changed shaving from a chore into a joy.
on July 8, 2017
This is my very first foil shaver so I can't compare to other brands. Shaves as close as a shaver. Build quality is superb and it's made in Japan!

UPDATE: Upon testing it for almost a full month now, I do have to say that it gives me razor bumps just like other razor blades which is really unfortunate.
on September 18, 2017
I started shaving my head a few months ago and have been through a few different products looking for the best and easiest one to use. I started with the Skull Shaver -- Skull Shaver Bald Eagle Smart. It's OK but it doesn't feel like a high quality product. Plus I never got a super close baby-butt smooth shave with it. Then I went the high quality double edge safety razor route. After that, I just used my old Mach 3. Honestly, the Mach 3 did just as good a job as the safety razor but with far fewer nicks. I also tried BIC disposables which were a complete disaster. You get what you pay for. Then I bought this Panasonic Arc4 Men's Electric Razor. After getting used to the grip and the different shaving angles needed for shaving a head, I'm happy to say that this gets as close as the Mach 3 and safety razor and with no irritation and of course no nicks or cuts. It does take about 10 minutes and several passes, but so did all the products. I use either alum -- Osma Alum Block By - Value by OSMA (2 Pack) or Remington Face Saver (talc) -- Remington SP-5 Pre-Shave Talc Stick Face Saver to prep my scalp. I like both and tend to switch back and forth. The Panasonic is easy to clean, charges very fast and is well built, plus it's a wet/dry so you can lather up and use it in the shower if you want. The head swivels side to side and front to back to adjust to the contours of your head. I really have nothing bad to say about this product and definitely would recommend it. P.S. - I have a beard so I don't shave my face. I use this only for shaving my head.