Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,970 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,265 reviews
on August 17, 2016
I spent a lot of time checking out all of the top rated electric razors. First, I wanted a razor that would give me a decent shave, I enjoy shaving with a blade and lather when I have the time and didn't expect as close a shave from an electric. Secondly, I didn't want to spend too much for what I want but I also didn't want to spend much less than $100.00 because I've had those razors in the past and they are poor value, don't shave well at all and don't last long.
Now, why I picked the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4. First it was in my price range, very important to me. Some models, although very good, get Ridiculously expensive. Secondly, the reviews from other purchasers on Amazon rated this model highly, better than the Arc 5. I didn't want a washing station, just more crap around my sink. It doesn't have to be plugged in all the time, again less crap hanging around, the razor, cord and charger sitting out. It holds the charge for definitely more than a week and charges in ONE HOUR. I've time it several times, from flat battery to full charge, one hour. The digital read out on the handle is very handy, tells you how much charge you have left and how long you took to shave.
It has a big head, which to me is good, covers more area with each stroke. I have had no trouble at all around my nose or those few hair that hide in the corner of your mouth. The area around my adam's apple doesn't come out perfect, but is very acceptable to me. I usually shave in less than 3 minutes. If that's too long, you're in trouble. It's easy to clean. Running water will do it, I like using an can of compressed air. Blow it out in two seconds and it's not wet when I put it away. I liked the features and lay out of the Arc4 better than even the more expensive units.
They suggest you allow 30 days for your face to get accustomed to the unit. It took about half that for my face to not know I'd shaved it. As your face gets used to it, the shave gets better and better. I never expected to get this close a shave from an electric and without face burn. I am very happy with my Arc4. You won't be sorry if you buy an Arc4.
Hope this was of some help to you.
on February 3, 2017
It was finally time to replace my old Panasonic cordless shaver (model ES8103) which I have been fairly happy with. I've grown accustomed to needing to follow-up with a disposable razor to get stray hairs on my neck and just behind my jaw. So, when I read the reviews on the new shavers from Panasonic I was excited with all the reports that this new Panasonic gives people the 'closest shave they have ever gotten from an electric shaver.' Now, almost $200 later, I have it and I have shaved with it and it shaves no different. The size and shape of the razor are bigger and this 4-arc nonsense is just that. As you can see from my pictures, both the old Panasonic shaver and the new ARC4 have only two razors. One has a big head on it, one has a small head on it. I get the exact same shave!

See the photos and decide for yourself if this $200 Panasonic shaver is worth $140 more than the $60 Panasonic shaver.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2016
I can just say a few words here because I have had and have no time to do anything lately, including shaving. I have only had this since 11/4 and it is now 11/21. So I can't tell you details about wet vs dry, cleaning etc...... All I can say is that I bought this after my battery was dying on my old Braun 3 series razor, which I thought was a good razor. But to change the battery is more difficult than trying to change a battery on an IPhone which is difficult but I can do with my eyes closed.

So I am stunned. This is better than anything I could even imagine! Maybe if I used a brand new 5 blade regular razor in the shower with shaving cream, it might be a better shave...maybe? But this is the closet shave and best Electric Razor I have ever used. It is amazing to me. I can spend less than 1 minute each day and have a perfect shave. I mean PERFECT shave. I want to shoot myself for not buying this when it was first available. If I did not shave for 2-3 days I had to use an electric trimmer, a blade shave in the shower and then my Braun to miss everything I could not get with the blade shave.

So I have had this is over two weeks and it is a lifesaver and I still am in disbelieve as to how well it works. I did try the side trim feature today and it did not seem to me that great, but as far as shaving this is the best razor I have ever used, gives me an almost perfect like blade shave and I am really glad I bought it! Really glad! I'm only writing this because after two weeks the LCD is saying my charge is at 10% and I needed to charge this and it reminded me to leave a review.

But if you hate to shave like I do, BUY THIS RAZOR! it is 1000% Awesome!

Oh well, that's it Jeff.(who does not look like a bum (anymore)'

Thank you Panasonic!
on December 15, 2015
I own old Norelco Philips Arcitec 1050 and decided to upgrade to this Panasonic shaver.

Advantage of Panasonic over Philips 1050

- Panasonic shaves more deeply and shaving result is better. After shaving skin is softer and smooth. I tried with and without cream no big difference here and in both situations Panasonic is winner here

Disadvantages
- Battery is very weak compared to Philips. On full charge Philips ~ 10 shaves vs Panasonic ~ 4-5 shaves. It is important because I never took Philips charger with my even on long trips.
- Panasonic is much heavier. If you travel much this should be considered.
- Panasonic is louder. Probably its not issue for many people but in the morning when shaving I don't want to wake my kids up. Besides that it also disturbs me.
- It is not easy to shave in the "corners" of face. For example below the nose. You have to repeat movement and push hardly many times in order to get good result.
- Problem with long hair. It is impossible to shave with Panasonic after not shaving for 5 days. You have to use trimmer first. For Philips no big deal even after week not shaving it cuts like Japanese knife.
- Trimmer is big but not very effective. Philips trimmer is smaller but cuts better even after 7 years using it.

I am still not sure what will be the next. Will it be new model of Philips or Braun.
Braun has good reviews but still don't want to risk again.

Hope this review helps!

Cheers!
on May 22, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised at how well this worked. Previously, I was using a rotary electric shaver and this one is better. I especially like it since it can be used on my face while it is wet with soap and warm water (shaving cream is too thick). It's still not quite as close a shave as a good new razor but no one else will see or feel the difference shortly after the shave (e.g., wife with tender cheeks). Holds a battery charge very well so you don't have to drag the charger if you're going away for a week or 10 days (I haven't tried to see how much longer it might work before fully depleted). If you don't like it you can return it to Panasonic within 30 days for any reason (or so they say but I didn't put this promise to the test).
on March 4, 2017
Superb quality shaver that shaves likes a razor. Many people don't understand how this kind of shaver works, in order to not hurt your self the first time you plan to use this shaver your facial hair must be short. You must use a razor to get a close shave and only after your face has had some time to grow facial hair, hair must be less about 1/16 of an inch, then you can use this shaver to maintain a smooth face by using it daily. You cannon use this razor with facial hair that is longer than about 1/4 inch or you make it very difficult for your self to shave with it. Unlike a razor that will kill your skin if you use it everyday, this shaver won't hurt your face if used daily, you must be gentle with it. This shaver will cut your skin if you press harder to make a cut, example is when your facial hair is to long and you go crazy by putting a lot of pressure, that's a definite misuse of it, you will get cut.
on March 25, 2017
This is the second electric razor I've owned. The first one was a rotary head razor I bought a few years ago which chewed my neck up so I'd gone back to using a Fusion which generally does a very good job. I really should shave every other day when using a manual razor, but my face is rather sensitive and I get too much razor burn shaving that often. In practice, I'd end up shaving every 3rd or 4th day which isn't enough for me. So, I decided to give this electric razor a shot.

I use it with shaving cream in the shower. It does a fine job used either daily or every other day. For me, the best results have come from applying shaving cream, doing a first pass from several different angles, applying a second round of shaving cream, and doing one more quick pass. In general, it takes me about 5 minutes to do a good job. Maybe with more practice, I'll get quicker. It is easy enough to shave with or against the grain with this razor and not feel significant irritation. However, I have found it a bit hard to get my upper lip as well as one area on each side of my neck without making a ton of passes. I think this is a result of the size of the shave head. On a rare occasion, I have to finish the job with a manual razor. Depending on how your facial hair grows, you may or may not have the same problem as me.

I tried dry shaving with it once and while it did a decent job, my face felt irritated for about 12 hours. Maybe this would improve if I dry shaved more often, but given the comfort of using it with shaving cream, I haven't felt compelled to find out.

Overall, it gives a close shave and is comfortable enough for me to use daily. Right after I shave, it feels almost as close as a manual Fusion. I know that it definitely is not getting as close as a manual razor because I can feel significantly more stubble coming back by the next morning. But, given that I can comfortably use this electric razor on a daily basis, the trade off is worth it to me. I don't know if it really does that much better than the Arc3. I have a hunch that the Arc3, because of the smaller shave head, might have an easier time getting the neck and upper lip without significant difference in closeness. Maybe somebody who's used both can comment on this.

Pros:
- It gets a close shave with rather minimal irritation, even with daily use. Note that I exclusively use this thing with shaving cream.
- Waterproof and compatible with shaving cream.
- Battery life is reasonable. I can get 7 shaves out of it before having to consider charging it up.
- It's easy to clean.
- The trimmer is nice for sideburns.

Cons:
- Difficulty getting the upper lip.
- Misses some areas on the neck without some creative angling and movement of the razor.
on April 27, 2017
This is the best razor I have ever had, corded, battery or regular. I have had 3 different Norelco razors over the years and they worked ok. I thought that was the norm for electric razors. After I used each one for a bit, I was never satisfied on how close they shaved and how much pressure I needed. I had tried cheap foil electric years ago and it was horrible so I never wanted to go this route. After switching from regular razors to Dollar Shave Club razors, I finally started looking at electric razors again. I was tired of the mess and how my skin was getting abused. I looked at the higher end Braun's and wouldn't even consider a Panasonic as my mentality just grouped it into the junk category. After hearing the horrible reviews on Braun's customer service I went back to the drawing board looking again. I stumbled across this razor as it was rated very high. I looked at the speed and the features and decided it was the right one....hopefully. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and absolutely LOVE IT. I first noticed how quickly it shaved my face without having to keep grinding different directions. Far less pressure was needed as well. It seems to work best on a three day growth as it just seems to get the best shave. This is the first electric razor that has shaved as close as a regular blade for me. Very easy to clean up as well, unlike the Norelco where I had to tear the 3 blades apart and clean everything. I will never go to a Norelco again and will be replacing this with whatever is available when it finally gives up. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
on February 9, 2015
Have had this for awhile I'm guessing going about a year and a half now soon. I have to say it was hard at first switching from those popular brand name blades to a electiric kind. At first it was rough and my very sensitive skin was not happy. It felt awful after every shave. I didn't give up as I've read & been told you need time to adjust to such a difference. So I gave it time and am happy to say I got used to it not to long after the switch.

The shaver still works great and I took my time reading countless reviews on Amazon and many other places included all those mens ratings online. I will pay for a quality product but didn't want to over pay either. This item was being sold for a good amount lower at the time then what it was first advertised. So at the lower price I took the plunged at the still high price for just a shaver. I will honestly say it's worth the money and I'm sure the price should be lower by now as time goes on.

I mostly use the shaver dry but have used it wet with shaving cream but I just don't seem to like it wet. From going to a blade with shaving cream/gel to dry you would think I would want to use it with the wet function of it but I don't. I will say clean up is very easy as I just run it through water and it gets clean fast. That was a big reason why I wanted a wet & dry shaver as it's just so much easier to clean. It still works great and I highly recommend this shaver & brand. It charges very fast too! It also keeps the charge for a long time. That was another big selling point for me as I don't like those 12 hours charging times for only 1 hour use. Who would be crazy enough to deal with that?
on January 29, 2016
I'm done shopping for shavers. This is the one. It shaves extremely close. It shaves very fast. And since getting a close shave with as little effort as possible is the goal, this ES-LA63-S does all that in spades. It's not worth spending the extra $$ on the ES-LA93-K since this is the identical shaver.

I've used it wet and dry but I mainly use it dry from force of habit after using Brauns for 10 yrs. It shaves baby-butt smooth in less than 5 minutes. (it has a convenient timer on it, so if you're late for work you can know how long it takes.) It shaves as close as my Gillette Pro-Fusion razor without the neck burn. It shaves much closer than my Braun 9595 in much less time. Can't compare it to a Norelco, I never used a rotary since I tried my grandfather's back in the '80s.

I was looking to replace my worn out Braun which comes with a cleaning station so I purchased the Panasonic version of that, the ES-LA93-K which has the cleaning station. Since the cleaner just uses water and the special Panasonic soap to slowly and noisily clean the shaver I returned it and got this one which is the same exact shaver without the useless cleaning station. Braun does do a better job with the cleaning stations by using an alcohol based solution versus Panasonic's water based. Water corrosion is the enemy of these tungsten cutter heads. I clean this Panasonic in my leftover Braun cleaning solution.

My only complaint with this unit are the very old style charging system that has displays a flashing blue light FOREVER when it charged. Modern Li-ion chargers just stop charging when full. You can't be in the same room with this thing when the handle flashes 100% full all night. And I wish Panasonic had an alcohol cleaning system.