Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 17, 2016
I spent a lot of time checking out all of the top rated electric razors. First, I wanted a razor that would give me a decent shave, I enjoy shaving with a blade and lather when I have the time and didn't expect as close a shave from an electric. Secondly, I didn't want to spend too much for what I want but I also didn't want to spend much less than $100.00 because I've had those razors in the past and they are poor value, don't shave well at all and don't last long.
Now, why I picked the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4. First it was in my price range, very important to me. Some models, although very good, get Ridiculously expensive. Secondly, the reviews from other purchasers on Amazon rated this model highly, better than the Arc 5. I didn't want a washing station, just more crap around my sink. It doesn't have to be plugged in all the time, again less crap hanging around, the razor, cord and charger sitting out. It holds the charge for definitely more than a week and charges in ONE HOUR. I've time it several times, from flat battery to full charge, one hour. The digital read out on the handle is very handy, tells you how much charge you have left and how long you took to shave.
It has a big head, which to me is good, covers more area with each stroke. I have had no trouble at all around my nose or those few hair that hide in the corner of your mouth. The area around my adam's apple doesn't come out perfect, but is very acceptable to me. I usually shave in less than 3 minutes. If that's too long, you're in trouble. It's easy to clean. Running water will do it, I like using an can of compressed air. Blow it out in two seconds and it's not wet when I put it away. I liked the features and lay out of the Arc4 better than even the more expensive units.
They suggest you allow 30 days for your face to get accustomed to the unit. It took about half that for my face to not know I'd shaved it. As your face gets used to it, the shave gets better and better. I never expected to get this close a shave from an electric and without face burn. I am very happy with my Arc4. You won't be sorry if you buy an Arc4.
Hope this was of some help to you.
0Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 3, 2017
It was finally time to replace my old Panasonic cordless shaver (model ES8103) which I have been fairly happy with. I've grown accustomed to needing to follow-up with a disposable razor to get stray hairs on my neck and just behind my jaw. So, when I read the reviews on the new shavers from Panasonic I was excited with all the reports that this new Panasonic gives people the 'closest shave they have ever gotten from an electric shaver.' Now, almost $200 later, I have it and I have shaved with it and it shaves no different. The size and shape of the razor are bigger and this 4-arc nonsense is just that. As you can see from my pictures, both the old Panasonic shaver and the new ARC4 have only two razors. One has a big head on it, one has a small head on it. I get the exact same shave!

See the photos and decide for yourself if this $200 Panasonic shaver is worth $140 more than the $60 Panasonic shaver.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
99 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised at how well this worked. Previously, I was using a rotary electric shaver and this one is better. I especially like it since it can be used on my face while it is wet with soap and warm water (shaving cream is too thick). It's still not quite as close a shave as a good new razor but no one else will see or feel the difference shortly after the shave (e.g., wife with tender cheeks). Holds a battery charge very well so you don't have to drag the charger if you're going away for a week or 10 days (I haven't tried to see how much longer it might work before fully depleted). If you don't like it you can return it to Panasonic within 30 days for any reason (or so they say but I didn't put this promise to the test).
on February 9, 2015
Have had this for awhile I'm guessing going about a year and a half now soon. I have to say it was hard at first switching from those popular brand name blades to a electiric kind. At first it was rough and my very sensitive skin was not happy. It felt awful after every shave. I didn't give up as I've read & been told you need time to adjust to such a difference. So I gave it time and am happy to say I got used to it not to long after the switch.

The shaver still works great and I took my time reading countless reviews on Amazon and many other places included all those mens ratings online. I will pay for a quality product but didn't want to over pay either. This item was being sold for a good amount lower at the time then what it was first advertised. So at the lower price I took the plunged at the still high price for just a shaver. I will honestly say it's worth the money and I'm sure the price should be lower by now as time goes on.

I mostly use the shaver dry but have used it wet with shaving cream but I just don't seem to like it wet. From going to a blade with shaving cream/gel to dry you would think I would want to use it with the wet function of it but I don't. I will say clean up is very easy as I just run it through water and it gets clean fast. That was a big reason why I wanted a wet & dry shaver as it's just so much easier to clean. It still works great and I highly recommend this shaver & brand. It charges very fast too! It also keeps the charge for a long time. That was another big selling point for me as I don't like those 12 hours charging times for only 1 hour use. Who would be crazy enough to deal with that?
on April 6, 2015
INCREDIBLE x99!!!! I have been wasting years of my life not using this shaver. I am bald. I am able to shave my face and head in 4.5 minutes. and the shave is close, I swear it is better than, using a 4 blade razor. I can not speak highly enough about the ES-LA63. I hate my ring of hair I have. Going bald SU....STINKS. I now can shave everyday in the shower because it is so quick and easy. Even if I miss a few days the razor still goes through my thick (what I have left is still thick) hair. The only issue, its not all roses, is around my adams apple and lower neck. It took me a little while to figure out how to shave the area.

I tried 5 razors over 5 months(I used the return policy to find the right shaver) to find the right one. I would never have done that if I used the ES-LA63 the first time. I hope this helps. If you are trying to find a shaver, use this one first.
on March 13, 2017
I bought this to shave my son who has cerebral palsy. His skin is very sensitive and the Braun I was using irritated his skin and he hated being shaved, especially on the neck. This razor gives a much closer shave and does not irritate his skin. In fact, my husband has started using it and wants me to order another. The only downside is that the charge only lasts a few days, but that may be due to 2 people sharing the razor.
on March 13, 2017
Goodbye Braun, and hello Panasonic! Love this razor. Very gentle to the face, and provides a good shave. No planned-in expendables either, as with Braun cleaning fluid cartridges. Just pop the blade assembly off occasionally to blow or wash out the dust. Made in Japan, a good thing in my opinion. The only downside might be the eventual cost of the cutter head parts, but this is typical off all electric razors.
on May 21, 2015
I bought this shaver in 2015. I've bought several different models of Panasonic wet/dry shavers in the past. This one was by far the most expensive.

It has also been the biggest disappointment. While my shaves were noticeably closer than with previous wet/dry shavers, here I am less than five months later with a non-functioning shaver, clearly due to a product defect and not from any damage I have done to it.

A couple of weeks ago, it had appeared that a little water was someone getting into the LED read-out. It began to display incorrect information, for instance, lighting up all of the indicators at once so that I couldn't tell how much charge was left. Within the past couple of days, the LED indicator stopped working altogether, displaying nothing, although the back-light still seems to work. And now the shaver won't even turn on.

Another complaint: I realize there is a little more RPMs with this model than others, but the battery life was unacceptably low. With previous, less-expensive shavers, I could count on going at least a few weeks in between charges. With this model, I've been lucky to get more than a week on a single charge.

Very disappointing, especially considering that less than five months later, I'm stuck with it. No refund, no return.
on December 28, 2014
I have been using Panasonic electric razors for the past 5 years and this razor is by far the best of the best. In the past I had been using the 2 headed foil. Now that I have upgraded to the three foil head and I couldn't be happier. I usually always do a wet shave and it seems to get as close as a straight razor! Shaving on the neck can be a bit tricky, but gets the job done after multiple passes/angles. Highly recommended.
review image
on October 7, 2016
I am a woman and I bought it for me! I needed a high quality electric razor that could shave my legs. Traditional disposable razors were chewing up my legs (I guess after the age of 50 your skin changes). So my next best option is finding a great electric razor. The traditional women's electric razors fall flat. The old adage - 'you get what you pay for' - is so true! This is a little more expensive, but it works great! Highly recommend this electric razor for women!