Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 12, 2014
PROS
> Sharp, inexpensive, very compact.
> Comes with a nice rigid plastic reversible lenshood which bayonets in place (whether reversed or in use)--these are all good things.
> Front lens cap (included) may be used simultaneously with the lenshood (whether reversed or in use).
> Rear lens cap included.

SHARPNESS
According to test results on the web, the image quality is unusually good (for a zoom) at maximum zoom, i.e., at 150mm (= 300mm in 35mm camera equivalent). Its more expensive cousins (the 45-175mm and 45-200mm) are not so good near the top end of their ranges. So, an image taken with the 45-150mm at 150mm, magnified and cropped to match the same image taken with the 45-175mm at 175mm or with the 45-200mm at 175mm or 200mm, should be of comparable sharpness and quality.

COMPACTNESS
At about 3 1/2" long (including the reversed lenshood, and front and rear caps), the 45-150mm is considerably more compact than the 45-175mm or the 45-200mm. (Length without the caps: 45-150mm = 2.87"; 45-175mm = 3.54"; 45-200mm = 3.94"). Coincidentally, the difference was critical for me. I had great difficulty in finding a truly compact case for my system. It turns out that a Lowepro Edit 110 Lowepro Edit 110 Camcorder and Camera Bag is perfect for me, but it could not have fit the 45-175mm or 45-200mm. I also purchased an Edit 130, which I use when I also want to carry around my Zuiko 60mm F2.8 Macro.

If the lens doesn't fit in your camera case, I suggest a Pearstone Oxyx 10 Case Pearstone Onyx 10 Lens Case (which I purchased for my macrolens)---you can wear it from your belt, or clip it to your case-strap with a carabineer.

> Even with image stabilization, it can be difficult to frame and focus at 300mm (35mm equivalent). Moreover, even with image stabilization, physical stabilization can greatly improve the quality of your images.
> I've found monopods to be very helpful. My favorate for travel is the tiny Norazza Norazza Monopod-lightweight TD140], The larger AmazonBasics monopod [[ASIN:B00FAYL1YU AmazonBasics 67-Inch Monopod is better for birding. For hiking I use a Stansport Outdoorsman Trekking Pole Stansport Outdoorsman Trekking Pole.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask a question.
on July 29, 2015
I paired this zoom with the Sigma 19mm and 30mm for a well-rounded set of focal lengths with similar quality (metal/brass mounts, polished metal finishes on top, and modest apertures for the two prime lenses). This is my second time trying micro-four thirds format and since the first time, Sigma has produced some intriguing lenses which made me give the format another try. And of course, my subject choice has changed away from wildlife to urban shooting which I believe the new lenses are worth a try.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 9, 2013
The Lumix 45-150 yields a lot of reach within a petite form factor, allowing for stealthy transport into places where DSLRs dare not tread. Nobody blinks at my tiny Lumix GX1 "point 'n shoot." Once inside the venue, I mount the 45-150 and have 90-300 full frame equivalent reach in the palm of my hand! I can shoot wide open and nail sharp images.

I was surprised at the quality of this inexpensive zoom: excellent fit and finish, attractive design, 2 to 3 stops of effective OIS (optical image stabilization), hood included and very good image quality. The black 45-150 lens looks a lot nicer than the Amazon product image. There is no on-off switch for OIS, so you'll have to dive into the menus to disable image stabilization for tripod use. Although the barrel is primarily plastic, the metal (aluminum) shell on the main barrel is a nice flourish and the mount is metal. The zoom and focus rings turn smoothly, making precise control a snap. AF is quick, silent and silky smooth. Video buffs will groove on the smooth focus transition.

This telezoom offers a lot of magnification and even with image stabilization I need relatively fast shutter speeds or to use a tripod for sharp images. For example, shooting at 150mm I need 1/250 of a second or faster shutter speeds for crisp images. I find small cameras harder to hold steady than larger ones due to lower mass and grip area. I suspect reviewers complaining about soft images were experiencing camera shake, especially if shooting with the LCD at arm's length. For free standing shooting, I get more keepers using the EVF since I can steady the camera against my face.

Wonderful little telezoom: sharp, easy to travel with and a nice price!
on July 28, 2014
I have found this lens to be a great travel companion, due to its compact size. After buying a Panasonic 100-300 (a lens I love for its excellent, but underrated, wonderful image quality), I thought my 45-200 was redundant, so passed it on. But then I found I missed the 45-100 (90-200) range in my lens kit, so decided to add this lens. A wise choice. I find that I can drop this relatively inexpensive lens into my pockets with minimal worry, yet when I pull it out, it makes, like the 100-300, excellent images. I think in that respect, the images are sharper then those from the 45-200, but I have not made directly comparisons, as I no longer have the 45-200.
on July 25, 2014
The lens is light weight and about the same physical size as the kit (14-42mm) lens. I shoot primarily in manual mode, the focal ring is very sensitive to the touch. A sleight touch will cause it to change focus but once you get used to it no problem. I did try the autofocus and the zoom adjustment. The autofocus motor is very quiet and the zoom adjustment is very smooth. Works well with my Lumix G2 camera. Pictures are clear and sharp. I got it before my trip to Helen, Ga., 3rd of July and took loads of photos that weekend. I'm very pleased with both lenses ( 14-42mm, 45-150mm ). I will probably buy the 100 - 300mm for wildlife photos. I have some older Canon FD mount lenses that I used in the past, which are now in resting in the closet. They are much more heavier and the photos are soft and hazy. I like the compact size of the Panasonic lenses.
on February 4, 2014
This is the perfect compliment for the 14-42 kit lens that comes with many micro four thirds cameras. This is in no means a professional lens, but with that being said, it is a very useful lens. It is perfect for the sport parent or any parent that wants to capture their children at some distance. It is perfect for sports and the beach. It comes with a lens hood and is very light. It feels good in hand and is very well constructed. Images are decently sharp through out. But its not gonna please the pixel peepers. But this lens was not made for them. FOR the price this lens is amazing. The stylization works well as well. A must buy for the photo hobbyist
on November 23, 2014
This is my nature and outdoor family lens. It's reasonably sharp for the price, has a good zoom range, and is nicely compact. Not the absolute best long range lens I've used, but certainly the most convenient.
on November 26, 2013
While I've yet to use this (or any lens) in HD video mode, my snapshots have turned out great with fast focus, and sharp images. This lens (like most Lumix lenses) has stabilization in-the-lens, so keep that in mind.
on June 23, 2016
Great lens! Good zoom! And it can be updated to the latest firmware to enable dual IS! I was able to take a clear picture at full zoom with 1 second exposure by hand. Very impressive!
on May 22, 2014
It's certainly a lens you should have with you!
It gives you good quality photos, nice zoom in and at a price that does not kill your budget!