Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 22, 2011
I'm a professional nature photographer, but, not a videographer. Someone who regularly uses camcorders and is a videographer will probably have a more accurate/relative review. I'v now had this camcorder about 3 weeks and just returned from a two-week photo trip to the Redwoods region. I bought this from Amazon.com.

These are my impressions:
1. Very compact and almost fits into the palm of my hand.
2. It's amazing how close it zooms in and how little hand-shake there is. Of course, at maximum zoom it get more difficult to control the shake.
3. The audio recording is excellent. It records audio of what you have it pointed at and minimizes the background noise. I zoomed in on a Song Sparrow and heard the Sparrow very well and the ocean background noise was very minimal.
4. Great optics, but, the color/white balance is a bit off and you might want to manually adjust, but, for my purposes (and, most people's purposes, I'm guessing) it's fine.
5. The file format of the files downloaded onto the computer were very easy to work with and i could edit them with my basic software - Windows Movie Maker program.

This camcorder is now a regular part of my camera bag I use to capture video to give people an idea of where and what I am shooting on facebook, blogs, my website, etc. Not to sell video, in which case I would probably get a higher model camcorder. I'v been very happy with this camcorder. Enjoy! Rob Mutch :o)
51 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 27, 2011
A reasonably priced camcorder for its features, quality of images, and ease of use. A few minutes of instruction manual reading gets one started on the basics of filming, playing back and downloading files.
Be careful about buying extra memory cards for the camera. Not all work, although they are supposed to - even after being formatted to the camera. Choose an extra card that is less expensive first. If it works, move up to cards with more capacity.
Be careful about buying extra batteries for the unit, too. The special Panasonic battery that must be purchased for the unit costs about 1/4th to 1/3d of the price of the camera itself! Not cheap!
27 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 3, 2017
It is very good camcorder and the price is fair. Easy to use and to record in any kind of place (internal or external). The sw is easy but limited for edition. The only problem I had so far is that it is now having a technical issue while recording. If I am recording and click on the screen it stops recording, blocks all commands and after like 3min, gives me a message saying "HD error". Then I have to remove the battery to turn it off, because no commands work, and then, when I turn it on, gives me the HD error message again. I have googled the error and it seems that there is not enough power for the HDto work properly when we try to perform several commands at the same time. With SD card I got no error.
Besides that, it worth the price!
on October 9, 2016
So many fun features! Im still learning about them all! I love how easy it is to carry in my purse or a small compact case. The shutter on the camera didn't last long though. Battery is very efficient and has lasted for days to weeks at a time.
on July 14, 2012
I actually really like the camera. It is light and easy to carry around. The quality of the pictures and videos is good. My only complaint was that the quality of the sound is not that great, and unfortunately, this is not the type of camera that you can use an additional microphone with. I bought it to videotape classroom instruction. When I filmed the whole class instruction, it was difficult to hear students' answers. In small group setting, it works very well. Overall, it is a quality camera.
2 people found this helpful
on September 15, 2016
I just love this camcorder, it's has the perfect size to fit it in your hands and it's just incredible. It's very easy to pass the videos to your computer and the zoom is excellent. It's very easy to manage and the battery life is excellent!
on May 2, 2012
Just purchased this from Amazon. for $299. great price.. great quality video. easy to use.. great hard drive.. will never have to worry about running out of recording space. has a hard drive. luv it. very LIGHT even with battery. so small.. fits in your palm.
6 people found this helpful
on July 30, 2014
thanks
One person found this helpful
on November 23, 2013
This was one of the best purchases I have ever made. We use it daily at school to tape the morning show and it is reliable, has good audio pick-up and is a snap to use!
2 people found this helpful
on October 19, 2015
... great camera
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.