Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 18, 2017
I am very disappointed with these headphones. It was "Delivered Apr 6, 2017" and I used them while working out (4-5 hours per week).
At first they worked tine but yesterday, 5/17/17 one side of the headphones stopped working. At first I thought it was my iPhone that broke. But I tested it out with 3 other headphones and realized these headphones were no good.
Now I can't return them because I don't have the original package.

So the bottom line is DON'T buy them.
8 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2017
I'll start by saying that I paid just over $10 for these headphones. I didn't expect them to be Bose quality. They definitely aren't high quality, but I'm not unhappy with them for the amount of money I spent. My comments below sound like they're terrible, but again, they were $10. Very decent value.

Jumping right in, the low end is lacking. I expected the artificially inflated low end that many inexpensive phones have, but it isn't there. I would've welcomed more. Midrange (low midrange up to maybe 1kHz) is overemphasized, potentially to the point of ear fatigue after only a few minutes. High end is possibly where these perform the worst. Very little detail or clarity, and the hearable range probably stops around 12kHz at best.

The phones were not designed to fit comfortably on a human head, for some reason. The hard plastic arc that goes over the head is the shape of an oval oriented in the wrong direction. It's basically flat on the top of your head. The ears are quite comfortable, and the phones aren't too tight. Unfortunately, if you tap your finger on the cord you can hear the noise conducted to the plastic in the ear cups.

Ultimately, I would not purchase this product again, but for a paltry $10, if you need headphones, these are probably better than any others you'd be able to find.
on June 28, 2017
First, kudos for the packaging. It kept the equipment in place, but was easy to get it unpacked and set up with my bare hands. That's a wow, considering most electronics packages require garden tools to open.

I needed this mainly for Skype calls from my laptop. Everybody comes through loud and clear for me.
The mic was too sensitive, such that at first it was picking up background noise and even the noises coming through the headphones, but that was easily fixed by adjusting the input level in the system. Colleagues say I come through clearly with the reduced mic input.

I find it reasonably comfortable even in long meetings.

My only complaint is that it didn't always work; sometimes I plug it in and the computer doesn't know it's there, so I get no sound at all. But that may well be my computer; Linux is known to have problems with hardware being plugged in, pulled out, and put back in, though I didn't have that trouble with my old USB headset. This one does seem to work fine if it's plugged in from the time I turn the computer on.
2 people found this helpful
on June 26, 2017
I'm not sure what qualifies as good sound to most reviewers, but to me, these headphones do not. Very resonant in the midrange (around 750 Hz) and coloured sounding, they require extensive equalization (-6dB @ 750 Hz, +3dB @ 3kHz) to even approach sounding good. That being said, they do have good bass, if you can ignore the glaring defects in the midrange (I cannot). The highs are mediocre. They also don't look as nice as they do in the pretty touched-up photos. I've had Panasonic RP-HT21 (<$8) that sound far better for 1/3 the price (I am replacing those, as they got broken). However, that model does not block out external noise, and has no microphone. That's why I decided to give this model a try. I suppose these might be OK for making phone calls. Music most certainly does not shine through them. I've decided to replace my broken headphones with another model that I've been happy with in the past (no microphone, though): JVC HAS160A Flat Headphones ($11).
on June 28, 2017
I choose to rate this with 3 stars because it does not suit me as an upgrade over the Panasonic On-Ear Stereo Headphones RP-HT21 (Black & Silver) Lightweight and Comfortable, Powerful Bass,Silver in spite of this headset being mentioned on the product listing for the rt-ht21.

I found this headset to be reasonably durable, sound ok and the microphone worked. I returned it though because I was disappointed to find that it has the donut style pads to cancel environmental sounds around you, unlike the RT-HT21 headphones. I really want the RT-HT21 with an integrated microphone but otherwise designed the same.

Why must everyone assume headphone wearers don't want to hear environmental sounds around them? Having noise cancelllation, passive or not, can be dangerous, the market still has room for options that don't feature passive or active noise cancellation. It's so hard now to find just a plain pair of headphones that have the good old flat sponge ear pads like those old sony Walkman headphones or the Panasonic RT-HT21, and I have yet failed to find something like this with a microphone integrated that has at least average quality on both the headphones and the microphone.

The Logitech H800 Wireless Headset for PC, Tablets and Smartphones, Bluetooth Headphones with Mic is a decent fit, but is wireless. I have two of them so I can be charging one while wearing the other.
on November 28, 2016
Great sound with good price. Not very comfortable to wear, easily to fall down when walking and jogging. Not very good looking as the pictures though.
7 people found this helpful
on May 13, 2018
I use my headphones to speak on the phone hand free; that's the feature i like the most. The quality is okay. I was not looking for something special, i just wanted headphones to use while i watch movies on my computer and it works. The sound is fine, they are not too heavy, and the pressure around the ears is fine too, it does not hurt when you wear them for a long time. Overall these headphones are good. You will not be disappointed as long as you are not an electronic savvy and your are looking for something specific. I bought other headphones at a cheaper price but the sound was not as good as on these ones so I kept these instead.
on August 3, 2016
I spend a lot of time on planes (sadly, much of that on British Airways), and I bought these headphones for 1) the compactness/foldability, 2) the mic/controller 3) the fact that they would cover my ears rather than jam uncomfortably in them. Note that I did not buy these with a first priority on sound quality; sound quality on a loud plane, or even in a loud airport, becomes compromised to some degree regardless of the headset, even with noise-reducing sets.

With that caveat, I can say these headphones are serving me perfectly well. 1) They fold up into a discreet little package; I sewed a small denim drawstring bag for the headphones, and there is still ample room for my ipod shuffle, a 2-headphone splitter, and an an extra set of ear buds in the bag as well. 2) The inline mic and controller is a must for plugging into the jack in your plane seat when listening to in-flight movies. 3) These ear phones sit on the outer rim of my ears which I thought would make me ache after a couple of hours; but the padding is generous, and I have worn these back and forth on 11-hr flights for 13 months now and have not experienced great discomfort. I stabilise my head with a U-pillow, and I can even go to sleep for several hours on a plane with these ear phones on. Note that they are much too bulky to wear while lying on your side (though who would try that anyway?).

As for the sound quality, these ear phones are certainly excellent for my purposes. I am not using them for exquisite music listening; I am using them to survive my long-distance flights.
58 people found this helpful
on April 26, 2017
These are good enough to be a replacement but I wish the cord wasn't so short. When plugged into the front jack, the length is just long enough if I don't move in my chair. I would never be able to hook this to the back of the computer where the other jack is located. A 5-ft. cord is just not long enough! The sound is good, and the earpads are very comfortable. The cord length is my only complaint. (I do have a 7'audio extender cord which I need to unpack and use again. Hope this solves the problem.
on July 21, 2017
I usually don't leave bad reviews but I wasted my money on these headphones, TWICE. I ordered the first pair and they had a short in the wiring so every time I moved the cord it would make a crackling sound in the ear piece. I thought that perhaps it was just my headphone port that was faulty, so I tried listening to music on three different devices and they all made the sound. So I returned the headphones, got a replacement set, and both pairs made the annoying sound. I rated it a 2 instead of a 1 because the sound quality actually was great... if you didn't plan on moving at all.