BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(1 star). See all 143 reviews
on November 15, 2010
Lasted 8 months, now nothing happens - suspect that the thermal fuse has gone, but cannot find instructions on how to reset, if at all possible. Might be the best pencil sharpener ever - while it works, but now it is an expensive paper weight, at least until I can get around to calling up the returns department and pay for it to be sent in for repairs.

Addendum 11/01/10: I just heard from Panacare - USA that they no longer have, and will no longer be receiving replacement models for any (including the upright version) of their electronic sharpeners. They are now refunding the cost of the models to anyone who sends them a broken model within one year of purchasing it (receipt required). Thus, the Panasonic electric sharpeners are discontinued in the U.S..
on March 12, 2012
This was a terrible pencil sharpener and broke within a month! It just quit sharpening - it performed as though the motor burned out. The seller was great, though!
on December 12, 2009
I purchesed this pencil sharpener for my 4th grade classroom in Feb. of 2009. We started using it in March-May of 2009, were off for summer break until Aug. 2009 and it is no longer working Dec. 2009. Our school maintenence personel looked at it. There is nothing stuck in it...it will work if you jiggle the pencil around. They said it seems as if it has just gone dull. My money is precious to me as a low-paid teacher. I won't buy a Panasonic sharpener again.
on December 26, 2009
I have a dead KP-380 pencil sharpener. We guess we've had this sharpener a grand total of two, maybe three months. We bought it at the beginning of the 09 shool year, sharpened 50-100 penciles (yes we emptied the shaving tray), and that was it. I took it apart today and found no voltage across the contacts. The wires trace back to separate locations on the main board (no voltage there either). I suspect the transformer is shorted. It was plugged into a power strip with surge protection. Could have been lightning, but the other components plugged into the strip are all OK. Quality seems OK, no pencil dust in the motor compartment. We're stepping up to an industrial strength sharpener.
on March 4, 2010
Panasonic just sent me a replacement KP-380 unit that was dead on arrival. This was to replace the original unit I purchased, which lasted for only a matter of weeks. After waiting six weeks for the "factory reconditioned" replacement, I was disappointed that after another long time on hold with Panasonic customer service, they refused to refund my money and insisted on sending another "reconditioned" unit instead. Amazon should sever ties with manufacturers who can't honor their warranty commitments in a timely fashion. Six months after initial purchase, I still don't have a working pencil sharpener or a refund.
on April 23, 2010
With great excitement and enthusiasm my girls went to work sharpening our many, many dull pencils. This thing was amazing for 20 mintues and then died.
on September 7, 2013
I sharpened several pencils in a row and the motor quit on me. I think it's junk and would like to return it for a refund.
on July 28, 2009
I bought this back in March, and by July it no longer worked. Of course, Amazon won't let me return it since I've had it for more than 2 months. Don't buy it!
on May 7, 2010
I bought it in September 2009 for 2 school children. The price was great, about 30$. It worked great too -- fast, good sharp, no noise. Much better than sharpener at school. One day it did not work. I threw the box and docs from it as it did work great for several months. So I decided I could not get the warranty or replacement. I read that some people did not manage to repair it through the Panasonic service. We tried to repair it. We did not find any problems, nothing was stuck, all connections worked. Very disappointed. Now ordered X-ACTO - Teacher Pro Electric Pencil Sharpener from another store, will compare.