Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 31-40 of 777 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 839 reviews
on January 21, 2013
The display on one of the handsets would not appear - Panasonic replaced it with a "new or refurbrished one", but the hoops I had to jump through to get it sent, send them additional paperwork, etc. and the "process" took about a month. I bought this set to replace a much more expensive one that never worked as advertised - it was supposed to connect with bluetooth to all our cell phones. This one at least was less money, but it is not something to be excited about. Instructions were pretty much useless, better off just following your instincts.
on December 8, 2011
I tend to like Panasonic phones and I loved this one but now its on its way out. Battery on each phone doesn't stay charged as long as it use to and one of the phones says it has messages waiting even though it doesn't. But up until now I really liked it. I like that when someone is leaving a message I can hear the message whereever one of the cordless phones are so you don't have to be in the room with the main unit to hear the answering machine. Can't think of anything I don't like about the phone. Not sure if 2 years is enough of a life for a phone but all my phones seem to last about that long...of course I had a panasonic before this one too.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
About three years ago I purchased this particular phone set. It had always worked well, and I was completely satisfied with the Panasonic KX-TG1062M DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Phone... Then recently the handsets seemed to not have been functioning properly...interference, you know. The consolation was that at least these phones had lasted about three years. It was not an easy choice which phone to purchase this time around since the information I gathered had ranged from "twaddle" to "more twaddle".
Therefore I purchased this set again since it had worked so well for several years. To my surprise there seemed to have been an issue with interference yet again with the handsets. Just as before the corded phone was fine. However, that interference issue seems to have cleared up (I hope, I hope, I hope!) due to some electrical work that has been done on the premises.
on April 23, 2013
I've had other panasonic phones that I really liked. Like those previous phones, the call quality seems to be good. What drives me crazy is the way the menus are set up.
1. The caller id screen has large type and is easy to read, but because of the size of the print, you have to wait for the display to scroll to the second page of the ID before you can see the number calling.
2. It takes three button presses to erase a call from the caller id list. That wouldn't be as bad if it was the same button pressed three times, but it's not.
3. There is not quick way to turn the ringer on or off. I'm accustomed to having a manual slider on the side of the phone which controls the ringer volume ('loud'/'medium'/'off') or a button on the base which turns the ringer on or off. Again, you need to scroll through menus to get to this option. I turn the ringer off when I have clients in my office so this really gets to be a pain.

I'm disappointed because I really wanted to love this phone. The quality seems good but the operation is just too cumbersome.
on October 28, 2011
i live in a fairly large house with 7 bedrooms. There were many office phones that were setup in this house in various different brands... Atnt, Motorolla, vtech etc. None of them worked properly. Only this phone set covered all areas of the house including the backyard, front yard ... wherever I go, I could still talk and listen to others loud and clearly. Does not seem to affect wireless network for the internet either. The handsets for other brands did not seem to connect well with the base station if placed afar. This set, it didn't matter where I put the phones. Great coverage area and excellent sound quality gets this set a 5 star rating. (afterall, what good is a phone when you constantly get dropped while talking to someone just because you are on the opposite side of the house?)
The menu wasn't too complex, the battery life seems pretty good. Default ring tones are cheesy but it's audible. Answering machine feature is pretty standard and the call id feature seem to work pretty nicely. I managed to set things up without having to read the manual.

If you live in a large house or in a large office area, give this phone a try. I tried many different brands, types etc. Nothing worked better than these sets.
on September 29, 2012
This has been a great phone. We have one handset all the way on the third floor of the house and one in the kitchen on the other side of the house from the base which is on the first floor and no issues with reception. The sound quality is very good. I can bring a haandset into the basement without issue as well, and the intercom between handsets works wonderfully.

It is extremely helpful that you can screen calls through the handsets, so you don't have to run to the base to hear whether you should pick up the phone. The phone can detect when there is a message on your phone carrier's voicemail (at least it does for Verizon) and it displays that there is a new message. It can be confusing though because there is no differentiator as to whether it is directly on the answering machine or phone voicemail. It's not until you hit the playback that you know there are no new messages on the answering machine itself. Also there is no indicator on the screen to say how many messages are on the answering machine waiting until you hit the playback button, but it does tell you then.

My one criticism is that the menu interface is very complicated - scrolling through options to add a name to the address book, retrieving and reviewing messages from the handset, using the intercom - all has too many clicks to get to what you need, but it works and you get used to it.
on April 25, 2013
UPDATE August 2013
About a day after I posted the second review (below) and downgraded to a one-star rating, Panasonic called. They replaced the phone. New one works fine.

UPDATE July 20, 2013

I've bought Panasonic phones for my home office (small business) for decades. (I also have a Panasonic Viera, Internet-connected, HD TV and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player.) I liked this one until, after a few weeks, the number buttons started sticking. I contacted Panasonic, they said unplug to reset, and it would need to be replaced of the problem persisted. It got worse, until I couldn't even dial out most of the time, and the buttons for listening to or deleting messages didn't work either. It was still less than 90 days since purchase, plus I'd reported the problem previously, so I called them. They were resistant to doing anything, insisted that I send the receipt (I emailed them a screenshot of the Amazon receipt), suggested that at the least, I'd have to mail it back to them at my expense and go without a phone until they determined what they would do, if anything at all. I've now sent them email three times times and requested a status update once in the case # status update section of their web site. I've had no response since I sent the receipt, with a case # they had assigned, much less a replacement base unit. Once in a while, it works. Most of the time, it's unusable at my desk, although I can still use the handsets. I am angry and surprised at this treatment.

THIS WAS MY ORIGINAL REVIEW, with a 5-star rating

I expected the handsets to be wireless, but you have to plug them in. They take very little space, and you can do everything from the handset that you can from the base unit, as far as I can tell in using it only about a week. It has every feature I wanted and some I didn't know were available. I bought it partly so I could block those exceedingly irritating "Google 411" calls, which aren't from Google, of course. It looks good, works great, has a pleasing ringtone, and I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like is the orange backlighting, which is on only when the phone is active. Blue or just white would be better. But that's not worth knocking off a star.
on April 17, 2011
We had a home phone system with four separate cordless receivers, but whenever the phone rang, you could never find a phone! The handsets were forever left off the cradles ... batteries dead. I wanted a system that had a main phone with a cord so I could be assured to have a phone available when I needed one! I love this system! I bought it to have a cord but ended up loving the system for many more reasons. The sound clarity has been a definite upgrade to what we were getting in the phone system we purchased three years ago. Buy this system ... you will not be disappointed!!
on June 1, 2012
What can I say? This phone works and works well. The ansering machine part works well. You don't have to add your own message, you can do like we did and use the generic one that's already on the phone. It has a mode where you can put it to sleep so it won't ring until you program it to or you can just turn the ringer off. If you have caller id through your service provider, then these phones will tell you who's calling and the time they called. You will need to have caller id for the most important feature on this phone to work and that's "number blocking". This is the second one of these we've bought in the last 7 months and we bought them primarily for the number blocking. They do that very, very well. We have number blocking through our service provider but they only allow you to block 10 numbers. Needless to say, we used those up pretty quick. So last December we bought our first one of these phones. These phones allow you to block up to 30 numbers. Now, we've used those up. So that means we'd blocked, counting the 10 provided by our service provider, 40 numbers for sleazy quasi charities & sleazy bottom feeding debt collectors (we don't have any debts). Three days ago I bought our second Panasonic number blocking phone. It arrived yesterday. Last night I programmed into it 2 more numbers from sleazy scumbags. Now we're blocking 42 different numbers. I sure that's not all of them out there, but as long as they keep making these phones, peace and freedom from sleazy scumbags is the order of the day in our house.
on July 5, 2011
This phone system is fine in all ways, except the one that counts - sound. There is so much static that you can barely hear on it. I use my cell phone - because the reception is better than on this phone system. If I had not thrown away the box, I would have returned it.