BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 22, 2012
I must have a dozen digital cameras, from Nikon dSLRs costing thousands, and Point and Shoots from Sony, Leica, Nikon and Panasonic.

The Lumix line was initially almost identical to Leica. Panasonic made the bodies, and Leitz provided the optics. Although you may not find a red dot on a similar camera, the lens is still provided by Leica. Professional photographers have always revered their Leica lenses as the zenith in optical quality.

So to get fine optical quality in a $70 package is almost unheard of. There are several models in the Lumix line, all withj differing sizes and features. The FH6 is a top functioning camera in a small, slim package. Small enough to fit in a shirt pocket without a bulge.

Startup is quick. Shutter lag negligible. Operation is intuitive.

Along with great pictures, you can shoot crisp 720p video, and get 5x optical zoom.

I knew from past experience that the Lumix FH6 would be good, but it has surpassed all expectations. It's hard to believe it costs less than $100. In a Lightning Deal, the price dropped to $69.95. If you buy one, you won't be disappointed. If I'm not shooting I very low light, or requiring 5fps burst speeds and sophisticated metering, the Nikon dSLR stays home and the FH6 slides into my shirt pocket.

I am delighted with this purchase.
on April 12, 2014
This camera is compact and weighs very little but it easily takes beautiful pictures and has the fastest shutter I've ever seen in a point and shoot camera. The shutter speed alone makes it worth it but I'm also blown away by the color quality of the photos. The pictures are so crisp! I had a good feeling about this purchase and I feel like my research paid off. This is exactly what I was looking for in a digital camera. Incredibly light weight and easy to use with beautiful photo results.It's safe to say I'm a Lumix fan for life and I've only had one for two days!
on September 6, 2014
Just the right size for quick pics and does a good job on short video takes. Love the long life (8-10 hours) rechargeable battery as battery life was a big problem with our previous camera that required AA batteries and lots of them for a normal day of travel photography.
on August 16, 2015
This camera is great for traveling and tourism, with the follwing benefits:
* It fits nicely in your front pocket for easy access
* Very fast startup and shoot times: 1-2 seconds after hitting the power button it's ready to take pictures. And there is very little lag between pictures, so it's easy to quickly take several pictures in a row.
* Picture quality is very good
* Physical buttons are better than a touch screen; you know where everything thing is and can very rapidly adjust the settings to take the best picture

The only downsides is that it's not as durable as some cameras. It's not waterproof, and I bent the front shutter by sitting on it in my back pocket. I keep it in my front pocket now.
on September 11, 2012
great little camera with every function and adjustments easily accessed. appears rugged and tough enough last for years. plus, its got a super lens for the money.
on December 31, 2014
well, I am a fan of Lumix snapshot cameras, Panasonic sensors and electronics, and from what I've seen, it is difficult to beat Leica lens. also, I have been in photography for 50 years, just in the last few years, working with digital. I still use a lot of film. personally I love my Lumix LX5, which i bought to replace a Sony digital i hated, so I went for a smaller, easier to use Lumix for my mother. I set everything, got an extra battery, gave it to her, and she seems to love it. she constantly comments on how much lighter it is than her old Nikon film snapshot. now I could just get her to use the zoom............
on August 23, 2013
Our first digital camera was a Sony and we were never quite happy with the pictures. Then again it was only 8 megapixals and things have come a long way since then. This Panasonic Lumix takes great pictures even in low light. I took some really good pictures at a concert which is difficult to do. We use our phones to take lots of our pictures on the fly so we didn't want to spend a lot of money on a camera that we wouldn't use all the time and I am so glad we settled on this one. It is also very small which makes it convenient to take with you.
on July 1, 2014
I got this as a gift for my daughter so wouldn't have to lug around her DSLR and all its equipment.. so far it's been excellent,but time will tel
As she hasn't used it too much.
on December 12, 2015
this is my second one, use it to document findings in my inspection business. I liked the first so much that when I dropped it I bought another.
on August 13, 2014
I bought this camera for out trip to Europe. The quality of pictures is amazing. My 6 year old was taking half of the pictures and not even one is blurry. I highly recommend this camera. It is the perfect size.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.