Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on January 10, 2015
My favorite lens. I travel a lot and my use-case is shooting friends at the beach at daytime and sunset, cities at nights (including inside bars/clubs), and food I eat (I'm Asian) and art at museum. I hate using flash, so this lens is perfect for me. If you're a newb when it comes to photography (like me), you do have to use your feet to zoom in and out.

I'm uploading a few pictures that had no special light set-up, no photoshop, and probably while drunk. Pictures were taken using Olympus OM-D or E-PL1 paired with the lens.
on November 6, 2016
perfect for night or low light shooting. i coupled it with the black magic pocket cinema camera and is a super pro camera rig. simple put: perfect couple. down side for me, the autofocus isn't working. i don't know why. but the lens is great, and the camera too.
on August 28, 2016
Just received the lens bought used from Amazon. Great condition for a used lens. Compared with my Olympus 17 mm f1.8 lens it is much sharper on my M5. I still like the Oly 17 lens, but I will use this lens for most of my indoor shots. If you can afford it; buy it. The low light performance is stellar. It is quite large with the lens hood but feels good on the M5. I will need more time with it to decide if it is a better street lens tan the Oly 17/1.8. I prefer 35mm as a street lens but this lens may change my mind. I started with a Nikon 50 mm in the film photo past and this lens is just as good as my old Nikon 50mm. I will update after more time with the lens.
J T
on November 2, 2013
This is the best micro four thirds lens I have ever used. I have built my entire lens kit around this lens. The colors, sharpness and overall texture are terrific. Works well for portraits, walk around, indoors, outdoors, low light, anywhere. It's difficult to describe the image quality. All I can say is when you look at the images there is something extra that makes you say wow. Buy it and use it. It is a keeper.
on March 5, 2015
This is a phenomenal lens and a must-have for low-light shooters. It's just long enough to act as a useful portrait lens, but it really shines as an all-purpose "walking around" lens.

It is sharp at all apertures, and it has that nice razor thin DOF that is useful for isolating subject from the background.

As others have mentioned, the hood is a bit of an annoyance, since it can't be stored reversed on the lens. I have not found this lens to be unusually susceptible to flare (especially indoors), so I don't use the hood all that much. I do wish it could focus a little closer than it does (1' / .3M) but I suspec that a closer focusing distance would have required an even longer lens barrel -- and this lens is fairly large as it is.
on January 20, 2014
Hands down this is my favorite lens I own right now. Color rendering and sharpness is superb. The f1.4 aperture gives this lens the speed needed for low light shooting as well as wonderful creamy bokeh. This lens is almost permanently attached to my camera besides the O17 f1.8 and the 12-40mm pro. Looking through my favorite shots over the past month since I owned this lens. more than 40% of them are with this lens. And I take a lot of shots. Even if you are using an Olympus body, the chromatic aberration on this lens is pretty tight. I can only assume its even better on a Panasonic body.

If you don't already own this lens you should seriously re-think that position.
on February 2, 2014
Hardly much more need be said. Sharp and clear with great contrast. This is a wonderful lens for low light and "regular" eyeball field of view. Great for candids. A tad pricey, but given the results, well worth it. I do miss the capability of framing with a zoom lens as this as to be done with a bit of positioning but not a bad tradeoff.
on April 30, 2013
I have a Panasonic GF3 and have been shooting with my 14mm/f2.5 and an adapted Canon FD 50mm/f1.4 SSC manual lens. Both are great lens. Now added to my lens family is this 25mm/f1.4 and finally I feel like my collection is complete.

Perfect lens for indoor use like my 50mm but without having to manual focus and having to step back 7 steps to capture one's face. Build quality is solid as like any other Panasonic lens and lives up to its Leica branding. It's not as slim as my 14mm but definitely 3x lighter than my 50mm.

Auto focus works great albeit slower and noisier than my 14mm; totally acceptable though. In manual the focus ring turns smoothly and easy to do minor adjustment. It produces really nice bokeh when wide open. And of all, the price is right for this piece of art!

If you're looking for a prime lens for your m4/3 this would be it :)
on January 12, 2014
You're not going to get any science or whacko spec talk here. It's not helpful. Put this lens on a Panasonic GH3 body and be prepared to look at video you can't buy for three times the price. I only know this lens with the above mentioned camera. This married couple produces love and synergy. One plus one equals five. Truly a remarkable lens. It's pricey though. Worth it? Not only yes, but heck yes. You will see from other posts I make, I'm not a guy to give ringing endorsements, but for this lens, my endorsement rings like the bells in Who-ville.
on August 13, 2013
I have the panasonic 20mm 1.7 which I bought for its sharpness and compact size. The 20mm turned out to be a disappointment due to its slow focusing making it useless in low light. I bought the 25mm hoping for something better and discover if having Leica written on the lens was worth paying a premium.

After a week of shooting I am convinced I made the right purchase. Very solid build, comes with a nice lens hood, internal focussing is fast (as fast as the oly 45mm 1.8 and kit 14-42 MSC) and I was very surprised to find it tack sharp even at f1.4 (sharper than my Canon EF 50mm @ 1.4)

In short, Well worth the money for still images. Only downside is non-silent focussing so not so good for movies.