Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on January 12, 2012
This item is a cinch to install and comes with enough instructions that no one should have problems. It worked instantly with ,y LX3! The sound of the lens cap clanking or swinging while walking with the camera was driving me crazy; this is a great solution. The only drawback is that you have to remove the cap to do macro photography as you will get shadows from the cap in the photo (or if you want to photograph through glass, you won't be able to put the lens flush with the surface. The lens cover pops off easy enough in these circumstances. I would have given it 4.5 stars if I could as I can't think of a way they could have designed the product so that it wouldn't have had this problem. The plastic feels a little cheap but I think it is still a very good value for the price.
on January 15, 2012
Convenience is the thing - no lens cap to remove, just turn on and the lens pushes the "petals" aside. Seems quite flimsy, but it has stood up to being on the camera with no other protection in a cycling jersey back pocket on rides through the mountains. Also the petals do not seal, so it offers less protection agains dust and impact than the lens cap. All that being said, it works well, particularly for the price! One thing to note - the LX3 and LX5 are different diameters - you need to get the correct version, they are not interchangeable.
on February 24, 2014
This just arrived and despite the many reports that it was hard to put on, I found that if you don't rush and put it on carefully, it goes on quite easily. The note from Digital Goya was a nice touch. It worked as advertised and I just have to see if it holds up. I like to keep the camera in my pocket, so it will certainly protect the lens from scratches, but I;m not sure about the dust yet
on August 10, 2013
My original lens cap was always on when I needed it off. Or off when I needed it on. And then I dropped it in the salt water and that's all she wrote for that piece of equipment. So, this lens cap is great. It's on when you need it, and opens up like a flower when you don't need it. It is not absolutely dust proof or water proof and being made of plastic could break if struck directly. So, I can't give it a "5" but it's still very useful.
on August 30, 2013
The product was shipped quickly & packaged without a lot of waste which I appreciate. The seller also included some super simple instructions on how to put this cap on, it was very simple to install with just those instructions. I bought this because I will be using my camera while on a motorcycle & I wanted something easy to use with gloves on. No messing with a lense cap with this one. Yes there are small gaps, but I haven't had any issue with dirt on the lense. If it gets dirty there was a cleaning cloth the seller included with this product that works beautifully. I'm not a professional photgrapher, just in need of a good functional lense protector & this is definitely it.

Thanks GOJA!!!
on September 24, 2011
It arrived promptly and I pushed it on. Was concerned that I couldn't get it off so I emailed the distributor and was given a link to a YouTube video showing how to install it. Was supposed to be screwed on clockwise. I was able to unscrew it even though I had pushed it on. The paper that was in the shipping bag said to snap it on. I wish it had had the link to the video: [...]
on March 2, 2012
This works as promised and is very convenient. I no longer have to remove the lens cap or look for it after taking a shot. When lens is retracted to the longest focal length it looks as if the leaves should cause vignetting, but they don't (at any aperture). Panasonic should include this as a standard accessory with the camera.
on April 22, 2014
The Goja lens cap is installed but, hasn't as yet been used in the field. As of this writing, this product functions perfectly as a replacement cap. It's also an improvement over the original design. The 3 hinged sections deter fingers from the lens. The viewfinder indicates the sections do not affect field of view. Considering these factors, prior to field testing, this product a very good value.
This cap is recommended for any pocket size camera incorporating a removable lens cap. This item is not suited for any camera or lens incorporating a lens shade.
on June 12, 2014
Best thing since Ice Cream well not quite but almost. Makes using camera so much easier and that annoying lens cap on a string gone forever. Bought back up just in case it ever breaks. Bought one for friend with LX-5 he is now a friend for life.
on August 11, 2014
Thought not 100% protection from dust or dirt, this thing works great and does not impeded lens performance at all. A big improvement over that annoying dangling-by-a-string lens cap! Glad I bought it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question