Panasonic MC-CG902 Full Size Bag Canister Vacuum Cleaner - Corded
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full-size canister vacuum with 12a motor
- Power head and onboard tools
- 14Nozzle width
- 24ft cord with Reel
- Powerful 12AMP motor system which includes a Motor Protection System that bypasses the motor and fan and directs the dirt right into the bag
- Quick Draw Tools on-board for easy access that includes: 2 Standard Wands, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush and a bonus feature "Air Turbine", Headlight
- 15" Cleaning Path, 24 Foot Cord length with Automatic Cord Reel, 12.5 Foot Attachment reach, Automatic Carpet Height Adjustment for proper setting for any carpet type. Please refer the User Manual
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
12-AMP MOTOR POWER HEAD ON-BOARD TOOLS OVERLOAD PROTECTION 14 NOZZEL WIDTH HEADLIGHT HEPA FILTER MC-V194H 24-FT CORD WITH REEL 6-FT HOSE INCLUDES FLOOR BRUSH, DUSTING BRUSH, UPHOLSTERY BRUSH, CREVICE TOOL and 2 CHROME WANDS
Panasonic MC-CG902 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Equipped with a powerful 12 amp system, this canister vacuum cleaner by Panasonic not only delivers thorough household cleaning, but it also comes in a compact size that makes maneuvering through the home a breeze. From kitchen floors to living-room rugs to under the beds and over window treatments, it delivers a complete clean from top to bottom.
The vacuum cleaner's E-Z Grip handle provides a convenient on/off switch, as well as an on/off bare-floor option that shuts off the agitator for safe bare-floor cleaning. Four manual carpet-height positions ensure the right setting for the job, and the vacuum cleaner's 14-inch-wide nozzle cleans more surface area in less passes. Even more, its curved carrying handle--built into the main body of the unit--allows for convenient maneuvering and transport up and down stairs.
For added versatility, the vacuum cleaner provides a variety of handy attachments. Use the floor brush for bare-floor surfaces and the dusting brush for lamp shades and tabletops. The upholstery brush works well for living-room chairs and other upholstered furniture, and the crevice tool quickly sucks up crumbs from in between couch cushions and other tight spots.
Also included are two chrome wands that make it simple to access hard-to-reach areas like far back corners or around light fixtures on the ceiling. All the tools store securely in place under the lid for easy access.
Powerful 12 Amp System
12 amp system offers powerful cleaning performance.
Dual Motor System
The motorized nozzle allows for gentler carpet cleaning and extended belt life.
On/Off Power Switch on Handle
A convenient switch on the handle turns the vacuum on and off.
EZ On/Off Bare-Floor Option on Handle
A convenient switch shuts off the agitator for safe bare-floor cleaning.
Curved Carrying Top Handle
Convenient and sleek handle makes carrying and maneuvering the vacuum less of a chore.
360-Degree Hose Swivel
The hose connection features a nimble swivel device that lets you clean in any direction without the 6-foot hose getting twisted.
4-Position Carpet Height Adjustment
Adjust the setting to 1 of 4 positions for just about any carpet height.
The headlight on the front of the unit turns on automatically so you don't miss a spot.
14-Inch Cleaning Path
A 14-inch-wide nozzle lets you clean larger areas in less time.
HEPA Media Filter
The HEPA media filter captures small particles such as allergens, irritants, and pollutants.
Automatic Cord Reel
A light touch activates the automatic cord rewind.
Multiple tool attachments are recessed on top of the canister for easy access during cleaning.
E-Z Grip handle reduces fatigue.
Other highlights include dual-active edge cleaning, an illuminating headlight, two smooth-rolling wheels, a 24-foot power cord with automatic cord rewind, a pedal for releasing/lowering the handle, an E-Z Grip handle for comfort during long cleaning sessions, overload protection, and a clean-air system for long-lasting, high-quality performance.
Panasonic Canister Vacuum Cleaners
|Color||Black/Vibrant Violet||Ebony/Green||Burgundy||White/Green with Envy|
|Amperage||12 amp||9.5 amp|
|On/off switch location||On handle||On body|
|Wheels||Standard||Soft||Double molded, soft wheel|
|Attachments||Floor brush, dusting and upholstery brush, crevice tool, combo brush, aluminum telescopic wand||Floor brush, dusting and upholstery brush, crevice tool, pet hair air turbine, aluminum telescopic wand||Floor brush, dusting brush, upholstery brush, crevice tool, 2 chrome wands||Dusting brush, crevice tool|
|Attachment storage||Covered, recessed||On handle|
|Bare floor option||Yes||Yes, on nozzle -- switch|
|Carpet height adjustment||4-position||No|
|Cleaning path||14 inches||11 inches|
|Cord length||24 feet|
|Handle release method||Pedal||On nozzle|
|Handle type||Ergonomic||E-Z grip||Integrated handle with bleeder|
|Headlight||Yes (on nozzle)||No|
|Agitator style||Wood, tufted, double row||Air turbine|
|Dual motor system||Yes||No|
|Edge cleaning||Dual active||Dual passive|
|Filter type||HEPA media filter|
|Hose type||6 feet, electrified||6 feet, molded|
|Hose swivel||360 degrees|
|Overload protector (belt saver)||Yes||No|
|Bonus||2 dust bags (included)||2 dust bags (included)||None||None|
|Replacement belt||MC-V330B, CB-6||N/A|
|Replacement bag||MC-V295H, C-19||MC-V295H, C-19||MC-V150M, C-5||None|
|Limited warranty||1 year parts and labor||1 year parts and labor||1 year parts and labor||1 year parts and labor|
Top Customer Reviews
I never thought I'd buy a vacuum cleaner online -- I'm so picky about little things like ergonomics, how well it cleans, etc, and I know that shipping back an unwanted vac would be so expensive that I'd end up keeping a vac I didn't like.
However, I had looked everywhere in town for a vac that did well in Consumer Reports testing but didn't cost a lot, and I'd had no luck. So, I went ahead and took a chance on this vac; it did really well in the latest Consumer Reports testing and had overall good reviews on Amazon. (BTW, don't confuse Consumer Reports with Consumer Digest; the latter is basically paid advertising designed to look like tests/reviews!).
I've been using my new vacuum cleaner for a few days and really like it. I had a Kenmore Whispertone before that finally died and was surprised that this is almost identical - right down to the connecting pins! It seems just as solid in quality & construction as my Kenmore (which lasted at least 10 years).
The vacuum is a tad smaller and lighter (both the canister & the powerhead)than my Kenmore, which I like because it's easier to maneuver. However, if your house is all carpet (mine's 50-50 carpet & wood), you might prefer the deeper cleaning that a heavier upright has.
I ordered some pricey bags because I didn't think I'd be able to find Panasonic C-5 size bags in town (since I couldn't find a Panasonic vac cleaner). Turns out my old Kenmore Whispertone bags fit. You don't have to order the pricey Panasonic C-5 bags, just take the bag that comes with it to your local KMart or Sears and pick one the same shape.
- Handle makes it easy to use on steps.
- Solid construction (steel tubes that really latch together)
- Good quality brushes (real hair bristles on the dust brush).
- Cord rewind button and it really works!
- Sturdy but not unreasonably heavy.
- Good Consumer Reports test results, especially on emissions (important in our house full of allergic folks!).
- Pretty standard canister bag shape.
- It also came with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, which I didn't know.
- Color is a dark maroon red, not a cheery red like I'd thought. Probably doesn't matter to most people but I have to store mine out in the open so I like happy colors.
- No "power paw" attachment (basically a small powered brush head) for getting pet hair out of upholstered furniture. Fortunately my old Kenmore one fits. But it would be better if Panasonic at least offered this as an accessory.
- Off/floor/carpet slide switch is on the top of the handle - super convenient to run from rugs to bare floor and back.
- Good suction - picks up small rocks.
- The power head is low profile - gets under the toe kicks and sofa.
- The long cord reaches several rooms, rewinds.
- The extra floor attachment is ~9" and so gets into the nooks and crannies the powerhead won't.
- The wand / powerhead clip on the unit when upright so it stores compactly in the closet.
- Powerhead is light, a breeze to whip around the room, but see handle con.
- The carpet height indicator is hard to see in anything but bright light.
- The handle rotates freely 90d ccw, which is good for getting under the sofa if you're right-handed,
but not so good if you're left handed. Also makes the power head harder to control when on rugs/carpet.
- Tool & bag lids are hard plastic, meaning you'll have to be reasonably gentle with them.
- The extra attachments, excepting the one for the floor just slide on, rather than clip.
- the headlight goes off in the floor mode.
- The powerhead doesn't get up the dust film on hard flooring when the brush is off. I got a 1-1/4" x 14" wide floor brush, which works great and is much lighter than the powerhead.
- This unit uses 3 filters:
o Bag: 8" x 13.5" Panasonic MC-V150M | type C-5 | Kenmore 50558, 5055, 50557. # to a pack & bag material vary.
o Hepa: 4 5/16" x 2 13/16" x 13/16", Panasonic MC-V194H | Kenmore EF-2 | #86880. 1 to a pack.
o Motor protector: 5" x 5" x 3/8", Panasonic? | Kenmore CF-1. 2 to a pack.
- Wand fits 1-1/4" attachments like 1 & 1/4 inches DELUXE FLOOR BRUSH for most vacuum cleaners.
- Motor head is reasonably powerful, but less so than my old Eureka upright.
- The powerhead roller has brushes on both sides, rather than a beater bar & brush.
I've used this unit 1x a week for 3 years or so now. Still working great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets