Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 6, 2016
I love this iron. It was recommended by a fellow quilter, and she was so right. It heats up quickly and steams well....and very light. It just glides along with little effort on my part. And I can't tell you how much I love NOT fighting an electrical cord. A word of caution, because it is "pointy on both ends" you must always return it to its station. It truly goes in multiple directions. This is great for a quilter who likes to press seams open....you can go forward and backward.
50 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2017
I love the iron. It's a great replacement to my 20-year-old work-horse which died on me. I do have a few comments for shoppers. First off, pay attention to the low, medium, and high setting. With my old iron, I never played with the heat level and just ironed everything. This iron gets pretty hot on high. I've thus changed up my process to iron my wool-blend pants on medium and then switch to high for my dress shirts. The high setting was a bit too high for my pants. They have a poly blend. I didn't damage anything, but it was getting close. So be wary. Next, the iron comes with a nifty clear plastic shell the snaps over the base and creates a handy carrying case. If you put the iron away hot, moisture gathers on the inside of the case. I know this because the case is translucent. After my first use, I could see moisture gathered on the inside of the shell. I was nervous that this trapped moisture might - over time - rust the iron or mess with its innards. I thus drilled a handful of venting holes in the plastic carrying case shell to let it breathe a bit. It looks a little trashy, but I'd rather give the iron the ability to stay dry than to have it look fancy.
14 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2016
First off, I am a guy and don't enjoy ironing, but I am also an executive and need to dress well in the office, and this iron is literally the closest you can come to making ironing "fun" (not really fun, but as close as is possible). No cords to work around or get in the way. It heats up from room temp in less than a minute, and the small size and omnidirectional soleplate make whisking around my dress shirts and pants a breeze. I love the "power shot" steam burst option too, which not only gets out any wrinkles but also puts a fine crease in my collars.

There is no inconvenience associated with it. When you would normally set your iron down on its end, instead put it in the cradle and it stays nice and hot. When done I auto-retract the power cord, snap on the cover and throw it up on the shelf.
17 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2015
I've used similar irons while staying in hotels in Japan, so I experienced none of the issues mentioned in the more negative feedbacks - steam was abundant, water supply was adequate for ironing several shirts, and heat was very good. And the removable water reservoir is a convenience I hadn't experienced before. That being said, some advice to potential buyers: read the manual and pay attention to the lights on the handle. While red means stop and green means go on stoplights around the world, on this iron blinking red means the iron is heating up, steady red means it's ready, and green means it's off. Also, some customers seem to have assumed that there's a battery in this iron, and that's incorrect: it's cordless, but needs to be kept on the base in order to maintain the set temperature, since connection to the base provides the power to heat the iron. If you follow the instructions, you should be pleased with the iron and your results.
31 people found this helpful
on March 25, 2017
Bought this iron in January 2016 and absolutely LOVED IT. Easy to use because I quilt and the cord on other models always got in the way. Iron never leaked water. Then in February 2017, it quit working!! Both the off light and on light came on at same time. In process of sending it back to manufacturer. So while the iron is great when it works, I expected it to last more than 1 year. That was disappointing. Will post again when I have an outcome to the problem
10 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2015
The good: This iron heats up quickly, generates a good amount of steam, is light weight, and cordless!

The bad: While cordless, you must keep the base plugged in and very near where you are ironing. Why? Because you may only set the temperature level when the iron is connected to the base. In addition, because of the lack of flat bottom on this iron (most irons can be stood up when not in use), you're only option is to return it to the base when you wish to adjust or switch the garment on your ironing board. I suppose you could quickly set it plate-down on the ironing board, but... seems like a bad idea.

So while, yes, the iron itself is cordless, the cord is never far away. This can be a real hassle is you have no place to put the base.

In addition, setting the iron back on the base when you are going to adjust your garment takes some getting used to. Just today, I reflexively tried to set the iron down like a standard iron (on it's non-existent flat "base"), and before I realized what I was doing, the iron fell off my ironing board and left a small dent in my hardwood floor.

Bottom line: This iron works very well, but the above cons must be considered before purchasing. Since this iron is shaped differently than most irons, the user really must re-learn what can be done with it.
39 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2017
Our iron, which I had before I married my wife 14 years ago, recently died. I liked the idea of a cordless iron and decided to give this one a try. I'm perfectly happy with the results. This iron get's more than hot enough to do the job. It has three settings, High, Medium, and Low and I've never needed to set it above the Medium setting to iron my shirts which are mainly a cotton/polyester blend, which is the main thing it gets used for. It's also convenient that the water reservoir is removable for refilling and it doesn't drible water out like my old iron did. It glides smoothly over my ironing even going smoothly over pockets and seams that my old iron would sometines catch on. The fact that it's pointed at both ends also makes it easier when I'm ironing around/between buttons. It's more expensive than a regular iron, but for me, it is worth every penny! I would highly recommend it!
5 people found this helpful
on July 9, 2016
I was skeptical about cordless irons but decided to give this one a try after looking to replace my damaged Panasonic and the good reviews given to this one. I have to tell you that it works as advertised. As long as you put it back in the charger plate while adjusting your clothing it keeps the iron hot and at the right temperature. It is smaller than the Panasonic 360 that I had but it's easier to maneuver and get into the smaller areas of clothing. It moves smoothly and gives off great steam.
7 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2016
I really, really like this iron. I thoroughly enjoy not having to drag a cord around the ironing board or across what I am ironing. It did take a little getting used to putting the iron back in its cradle rather than just setting it up on the board, but, otherwise, it's a delight. It heats up quickly and seems to last some time. I recently attended a retreat and it was great being able to fill it with tap water rather than having to scrounge up distilled water.
8 people found this helpful
on February 13, 2018
I’ll be honest, I should have sent it back but it was so much fun to use I kept it. It is a nice iron to use when you are piecing blocks and pressing between steps. But it does not get hot enough for adding inerfacing or bonding fleece to fabric. It does not stay hot enough long enough to press or starch yard(s) of fabric. But its ability to move in any direction makes it so much fun to use. I also love the detachable water container. It’s so much more user friendly than having to pour water directly into the iron. So if you are treating yourself and want an iron dedicated to pressing quilt blocks as you go along, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. But if your looking for an all purpose iron, keep looking.
9 people found this helpful