Panasonic NN-SE982S Stainless 1250W 2.2 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy faster cooking times with 1250 watts high power
- Microwave Inverter technology delivers a seamless stream of cooking power
- Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Elegant electrostatic touch dial control and 6-digit display
- Automatic sensor adjusts power and times for different foods
- Choose countertop or built-in installation, trim kit sold separately
- Outside HxWxD ( " ) 14" x 23 7/8" x 19 7/16"; Interior HxWxD ( " ) 10 15/16" x 18 7/16" x 18 1/2"
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Panasonic NN-SE982S Stainless 1250W 2.2 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Stainless Steel||Stainless||Stainless||Stainless Steel||Black|
|Item Dimensions||23.9 x 19.7 x 14 in||23.88 x 19.44 x 14 in||23.88 x 19.44 x 14 in||18 x 20.5 x 12.5 in||23.88 x 19.44 x 14 in|
|Item Weight||36.8 lbs||36.8 lbs||37 lbs||35 lbs||37 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Aluminum|
Panasonic NN-SE982S Stainless-Steel 2.2-Cubic-Foot 1250-Watt Inverter Microwave Oven
The Genius Prestige Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven
Attractively housed in stainless steel, this 1250-watt microwave oven by Panasonic makes a stylish and convenient addition to any contemporary kitchen. The 2.2-cubic-foot unit with its 16-1/2-inch turntable perfectly cooks and evenly heats anything from breakfast foods and after-school snacks to dinnertime meals and appetizers when entertaining. Ideal for busy professionals and on-the-go families, the microwave oven provides quick and easy meal preparation while nicely accommodating surrounding decor.
(Trim kit shown may not represent actual trim kit.)
Moving Beyond Just "Heating Things Up"
Many people just use their microwaves for making popcorn or warming up soup because most microwaves just have one temperature setting--high. Conventional microwave ovens might have a low-power setting, but this is achieved by "pulsing" the high-power setting on and off rather than by emitting a steady stream of low-powered energy.
Panasonic's trailblazing Inverter technology delivers true, variable microwave power, which means even temperatures and consistent textures throughout the food being cooked. The consistent delivery of microwave energy allows delicate foods to simmer without the edges and surfaces overcooking, so foods have the look and taste you expect--without the wait.
The Inverter microwave oven perfects the art of cooking, taking microwave cooking to a whole new level. You'll experience delicious food that better retains its color, nutrients, and flavor and that's easier and faster to prepare. Oh, and you can still make great popcorn.
Single, Compact Power Supply
Furthermore, the Inverter power unit is smaller and lighter than conventional microwave circuitry (aka the heavy, enclosed side of the microwave), which allows for more interior space to fit that favorite casserole dish, without increasing the oven's overall exterior dimensions. Weighing just 36.8 pounds, the oven's roomy interior measures 18-1/2 inches long by 18-7/16 inches wide by 10-15/16 inches high, while its compact exterior measures 19-7/16 inches long by 23-7/8 inches wide by 14 inches high.
One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook
With the touch of Panasonic's Sensor Cooking button, the microwave takes the guesswork out of creating a great meal, by automatically setting power levels and adjusting cooking or defrosting time. The sensor measures the amount of steam produced during cooking, and signals the microprocessor to calculate the remaining cooking time at the appropriate power level automatically.
Inverter Turbo Defrost
Panasonic evolved the Turbo Defrost feature, which allows you to defrost foods even faster than previous Panasonic Auto Defrost. Panasonic Inverter Turbo Defrost technology is an advanced microwave sequencing system using the inverter continuous-power delivery method.
Electrostatic Touch Dial with Push-Button Panel
Sleek and elegant control panel features an electrostatic touch dial, expanded six-digit display, and cool blue LED lighting.
Menu Action Screen (multi-lingual)
The Menu Action Screen is like having a chef to assist you in the kitchen. It scrolls step-by-step cooking instructions across the display, in a choice of English, Spanish, or French.
Keep Warm Feature
A pulsing delivery of very low microwave power keeps food temperatures at a constant level--without overcooking. So, foods like stew, gravy, and desserts remain warm in the oven until they're ready to be served.
Time-of-day clock and versatile timer provide exceptional convenience.
The one-touch button allows you to set or add cooking time in 1-minute increments up to 10 minutes.
For safety, the oven's child safety lock prevents electronic operation (door still opens). Press Start three times to lock ("Lock" will display); press Stop/Reset three times to cancel.
Make Mealtime Marvelous
Create all your favorite recipes, quickly and easily, with Panasonic's Inverter microwave oven.
- Vegetable side dishes
- Desserts & breads
Panasonic 2.2-Cubic-Foot Inverter Microwave Ovens
|Size/Power||Oven Capacity||2.2 cubic feet|
|Turntable Diameter||16-1/2 inches|
|Design||Housing||Black||White||Stainless-Steel Front with Silver Wrap||Stainless-Steel Front and Wrap||Stainless-Steel Front with Silver Wrap|
|Control Panel||5 Button with Flat Panel||Full Tactile Button||Solid Dial with Buttons||"Flashing Blue" Ring Dial with Button Panel||Electrostatic Touch Dial with Button Panel|
|Display Panel||6-Digit Expanded Display||4-Digit Display||"Blue" 6-Digit Expanded Display||6-Digit Expanded Display|
|Performance / Features||Sensor Cook/Reheat||Yes|
|Power Settings||10 Levels|
|Specifications||Cavity Dimensions (LxWxH inches)||18-1/2 x 18-7/16 x 10-15/16|
|Unit Dimensions (LxWxH inches)||19-7/16 x 23-7/8 x 14|
|Trim Kits (optional)||27" Model||N/A||NN-TK922SS|
Top customer reviews
UPDATE: Ten months later, the bulb burned out again! We refuse to replace it at this point.
PS - You have to purchase the lightbulb from some place in England and it takes over a month to get.
- looks great when new out of box
- futuristic looking glowing dial interface
- heats food and drinks well
- futuristic glowing interface is a bit tricky to enter heat times of more than 10 seconds, but less than 1 minute
- microwave barrier film on the inside of the door became wavy and started to de-laminate after 5 months of light use, please find the picture attached
- the film is the Heat/Vapor Barrier Film and must be maintained intact for safety, please refer to page 8 of the manual
- Panasonic web service center support site does not recognize NN-SE982S which Amazon sells, as a valid model number, please find the screenshot attached
- Panasonic phone support did not offer to return/replace when the problem was reported
- instead, the phone support directed to drive to an inconveniently located service center and refused to provide alternative locations
- when customer raised the quality concerns, given only 5 months of use on this high-end unit, the support offered to enter the incident into Panasonic "database"
- when customer further raised the quality and brand concerns, the support stated that customer knew what they have bought and that the limited support options are documented in the fine print of the manual
- the customer opted to publish the findings on Amazon rather than into the internal Panasonic database