Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,748 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,952 reviews
on July 23, 2012
I ordered this to supply a microwave for the new house. It is easy to use, works well, and looks good. It was also well packaged and arrived pretty quickly. All in all, I am satisfied with its performance.

Also, It doesnt feel cheap and the button to open it doesn't stick. I also like that you can just press the buttons for the time that you want instead of having to hit a specific input time button or turn a dial or do some other form of annoying time wasting step. You just press 1-3-0 start for a minute 30. Exactly how it should be.

I have been using it more and more, and it heats food quickly and evenly. I have had to adjust my microwave intuition (setting it for how much your food really needs) because it gets hot pretty quickly. Again, satisfied and would recommend!

As always, please indicate if this was helpful.

Cheers
33 comments| 1,278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
I read ALL the reviews at the time of my purchase a few months ago, and want to address some reviewers' comments. I did a lot of research before choosing this one. I learned that there seems to be more dissatisfaction with microwaves in general than with most other products. The next runner up had a higher rating, but the negative comments included catching on fire.

This microwave works fine, and is faster than most others I've used. It's a good value for the price. Several people commented negatively that the coating on the number pad started bubbling right away. Well, people, that's because it's shipped with a peel-off clear coating like you find on most electronic devices these days. I left it on to protect the number pad more, but don't worry about the bubbling. Several people complained that there is no inside light. I don't mind that as my lighting is OK. One reviewer mentioned that (s)he likes the absence of a light because (s)he occasionally leaves the door slightly ajar to air out. Good idea! The defrost and reheat leftovers functions work well. Some said it was noisy, but I don't find it any different than my old microwave, which included a top browning feature which I seldom used and which made it a pain to clean. This one cleans easily. It does cause a slight static on my cell or cordless phone if I'm standing right in front of it while talking, so maybe I'm getting zapped, I don't know. I used to worry more about such things but these days it's impossible to avoid electronic "noise." I just try not to hug it while it's working. Overall, while it's not perfect it works well and is a good value.
1212 comments| 741 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
This is our first inverter microwave oven. We had to replace a small cheapo disposable microwave we got at a big discount retail chain.

This is a nice midsized oven. It does not dominate your counter space like the larger counter top ovens, and it also large enough to do more than pop popcorn.

We eat alot of the low calorie diet tv dinners.. this oven heats them evenly and to perfection. The microwave panini meals even end up with toasted crisp bread.

In 30 years this is probably the best microwave oven we have owned, and you cannot beat the price.
88 comments| 1,165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
I bought this microwave because it has a sensor, which works as I expected.. Put in a plate of cold food, press Sensor Reheat, and no matter the quantity of food it will heat it up the right amount of time to get the right temperature. Some other microwaves have a Reheat button, without a sensor, but just gives a set amount o time, which is useless. Reheat used to mean it had a sensor, but apparently now you have to look for the word Sensor.
It also has a Sensor Cook button which I don't find useful. You have to press a number 1 through 12 after pressing the Sensor Cook button, for different kinds of food, as listed in the manual. If you don't have the manual, it is useless. The screen does not tell you what the codes are, nor is it printed anywhere on the oven. Even if you know the number, you still have to adjust for the amount of food, so what exactly is being sensed is not clear to me.
Others have complained about the light not coming on when you open the door (it goes on only while it is cooking). It does not bother me as I can see inside well enough when I open the door, and I like I can leave the door open to air out the oven, without a light burning. You need the light while it is cooking to check that something is not overflowing.
Regarding the door opening mechanism, I would prefer a handle, as it gives your hand a larger target area - an 8 inch long handle - to shoot for when opening compared to the 2 inch x 1 inch rectangle. But it is not a deal breaker. The mechanism itself is fine. I find that it opens and closes smoothly without much effort, unlike some other reviewers here who complained about that.
I am looking forward to using the Keep Warm function. That sounds useful.
I like the simple numbers to set the time. I have gotten used over the years to press 11, 22, 33 seconds and so on, fine tuning the amount of time while minimizing the button presses. Some microwaves today you cannot do that - the numbers are for number of minutes, not seconds - but not for this microwave. There is a One Minute quick start button. It would be nice to have a 10 Second quick start button, and also to start immediately without having to press Start.
Overall I am happy with this microwave. The Sensor Heat works as I expected. Because of what I think is a redundant Sensor Cook button and the lack of a handle, I took off a star.
11 comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2012
After 31 years of faithful service from a Sharp Microwave, it was time for an update. This Panasonic fit the ticket perfectly. It arrived on time as stated and works great. On the highest setting, it boiled water in 45 seconds and heated a bowl of soup in 20 seconds. Nice!! It has 10 different heat settings including defrost, cook delay, a keep warm feature, and it's very quiet. For the price of this machine, you can't go wrong!!
1111 comments| 729 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2016
I only had this microwave for about six months when, while cooking a piece of chicken there was a spark and a small flame inside the unit. Prior to this the microwave worked fine and the only annoyance was that the plastic ring that the plate rests on would occasionally come off its track and I'de have to stop the cooking process and reset it so that the plate would turn.

Update...after contacting Panasonic customer service I was sent a new replacement model in the mail. I was a little worried after reading other reviews that had difficult experience with customer service but, within two weeks I had a new model without any additional expense on my part. For that reason I gave two stars instead of one.
review image
on September 24, 2015
I have owned this microwave for 1 year and 6 weeks, and during that time this unit has lived up to expectations. However, just today I noticed that the microwave is emitting a buzzing noise while not in use. It's loudest at the rear of the unit toward the rear upper left corner. The buzz disappears when the unit is unplugged. I'm guessing it's the power supply.

I contacted Panasonic support, and they informed me that the unit needs to be serviced. They also informed me that my warranty expired 6 weeks ago, so this service will not be covered. I am incredibly disappointed by this situation, as, in my opinion, a high quality appliance should last much longer than a year. If I wanted a microwave that would start having trouble after one year, I could have gotten one that costs half as much. The support person I spoke with was essentially a robot, just repeating the same script over and over, apologizing for any inconvenience, and assuring me that Panasonic makes top quality appliances. There was no reasoning with this person, but in my opinion, a "top quality appliance" would not be making a buzzing sound one year and six weeks after purchase. Further, a top quality appliance company would surely consider that to be an embarrassment and cover the cost of any necessary repairs or just issue a replacement unit. Obviously Panasonic does not stand behind their products.

Tomorrow when I have time, I am going to attempt to contact Panasonic support again, and see if I can possibly escalate to someone who can provide a bit more human interaction beyond the standard script. If they are unwilling to provide a satisfactory resolution to this issue, I will accept this as a lesson that Panasonic appliances are not worth the premium price, and will never purchase one again in the future. If anything positive happens, I will update this review.

The microwave was good for one year, but is now having issues just past the (extremely short) warranty period. Funny how that works. One star.
on February 28, 2016
This microwave is missing some features I like. I like a one-touch start key, and an option to add 30 seconds during a run. The interior light is only comes on when the microwave beam is operating and the light turns off when the door is open. The inverter technology is worth getting. It seems to heat food faster and more evenly than my old microwave with the same wattage. It can scald milk perfectly due to the even heating. This Panasonic does work well as a microwave and has plenty of power but I wouldn't choose this model again.

Update on May 15, 2016: This microwave died after 5 months of use. The display gives an H97 error which indicates that the magnetron has failed or fried itself. I have put it in the garbage can. Pretty expensive for 5 months of use. I have revised my rating from 3 stars to 1.
on June 9, 2017
I've had this microwave for 14 months and loved it. It looks nice and functions well. However, 2 months out of warranty, it suddenly stopped working. I know the outlet still works, so it has to be the microwave.

Perhaps it was a power surge that caused the issue (unlikely, but possible). Regardless, the Panasonic customer service sucks. If you are out of warranty, you have to pay $10 to speak to someone. Since I didn't want to pay, they put me on with a robot that gave me the closest authorized service provider location, a 2 hour drive each way.

Needless to say this microwave is not worth that much time/effort. I ordered a cheaper (1/3 the price), non-Panasonic microwave, so that if it breaks I don't have to worry about bad customer service and can just buy another.
on January 8, 2016
loud.....very very loud. the first time i plugged it in i was afraid it was defective. it was so loud it is impossibly to have a conversation near it. it also get a lot of condensation between the doors. its good the light doesnt turn on when the door is open because the door usually has to stay open. it does cook fast and the sensor reheat and popcorn button work well. as with any microwave these days i question the longevity. buy a squaretrade warranty with this so for under $10. much easier than dealing with panasonic if there is a problem. i did email panasonic and loud is supposedly normal for the fans.