Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

I purchased this as an emergency radio for when the power is out. I live in a sparsely populated mountain area. Stations are not plenteous. I was able to receive the specific AM station I desired as well as quite a few FM stations. I would not call this radio adequate for an audiofile. However, it is perfectly adequate to obtain weather or news alerts.

It comes with an ear plug. There is space in the box it comes in to store 2 AA batteries - which is what it takes. This means I can store the batteries with it but not inside it where they can do damage over time.

No fancy gizmo's to fumble with in the dark. AM/FM switch, volume control knob and a tuning knob. That is it.

If all you want from a radio is the ability to tune into a radio station to find out what is going on - this radio is perfect for that.
on September 13, 2017
I bought this for our emergency kit, we live in Southern California and need to be earthquake ready! I wouldnt say this is the best radio BUT it is absolutely perfect for what our family earthquake kit needed. It played FM radio ch's clearly, AM was a little trickery... ALSO its about location, location, location for this radio and it's clarity! Though it could be where we live that gave us more static, we live in between large hills and have receiption problems for tv antennas due to this... I had to find the "sweet" spot in my house to get a clearer sound.
on September 23, 2017
Horrible AM reception. Unless you are listening to a nearby 50,000 watt station, do not buy this radio. It could not reliably pickup our local 8,800 watt station station during the day even with the antenna extended. It would constantly drop the signal.
on March 15, 2017
Bought this for my six year old. Works great, gets the same stations that we listen to in the car and she takes it with her on long trips. She turns it on in the morning when getting ready for school. It's a perfect little radio.
on May 22, 2017
Given as a gift for a nursing home patient. It has made the recipient happy.
on March 14, 2017
Did not work in nursing home - very disappointed I could not provide a music source for my sister.
on October 11, 2017
This is a battery powered radio....and they have limitations. The sound is a little off and it has trouble locking onto stations completely, but is gets the job done.
on May 7, 2017
This radio is awesome. Bought to help pass the time while sitting in the deer blind while hunting. Works great on the fishing boat as well. Works great.
on December 19, 2010
i went back and forth on this radio with the sony. based on the reviews i got this one. the battery life is super long. i use this for camping and have had it on many hours. i've even left it on over night to still have going in the morning and am still on the 1st set of batteries. the only complaint i have is sometimes the reception will start to get staticy for no reason. i have dialed it in and after a few minutes or a an hour or whatever it will start to go out. sometimes it will hold for hours and sometimes i can't keep it locked on for more than a few minutes. not sure if this is because i'm in the woods when i use it or not. it's like that annoying radio that is in tune and as soon as you take your hand away, it goes out. frustrating. but like i said, not all the time and for 10 bucks, what the heck. you decide.
on June 29, 2013
This little radio rocks! It's very simple to use and as many others have stated, is a step back in time to the days when transistor radios were the state of the art. The RF-P50 pulls in tons of stations on both the AM and FM bands. I would say that it's performance is on par with my car radio, maybe better. The ON/OFF dial does double duty as the volume control. Tuning is done by the same type dial and is sensitive and precise. The red LED tuning sensor does help fine tune your station and acts somewhat as a power ON indicator, especially in low/no light use. There is a green mechanical indicator that does the same but is harder to see even in daylight. Power consumption is minimal and batteries last a long time. I'm using rechargables and they fit just fine in the battery compartment. Finally, the sound clarity is very good and the volume range is ample with low distortion. I would not quite call this a pocket radio but it is a nice, compact receiver. Keep one around for emergencies...but don't be surprised if you grab it for yard work, for enjoyment on the deck, or to listen in to the announcer at a ball game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.