Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

I purchased this as an emergency radio for when the power is out. I live in a sparsely populated mountain area. Stations are not plenteous. I was able to receive the specific AM station I desired as well as quite a few FM stations. I would not call this radio adequate for an audiofile. However, it is perfectly adequate to obtain weather or news alerts.

It comes with an ear plug. There is space in the box it comes in to store 2 AA batteries - which is what it takes. This means I can store the batteries with it but not inside it where they can do damage over time.

No fancy gizmo's to fumble with in the dark. AM/FM switch, volume control knob and a tuning knob. That is it.

If all you want from a radio is the ability to tune into a radio station to find out what is going on - this radio is perfect for that.
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2018
this little pocket radio is incredible. we purchased a home and needed a radio to play music while we worked on renovations. Two AA batteries ran this radio for over a month. we changed the batteries after a month because we noticed more static in the music, but it still worked. this is a solid radio and we highly recommend it.
on December 3, 2017
The signal is not always the greatest. But I can manage to listen to the programs that I want in the area - while I am detached from electricity.
on October 11, 2017
This is a battery powered radio....and they have limitations. The sound is a little off and it has trouble locking onto stations completely, but is gets the job done.
on November 28, 2017
A very nice simple and reasonably sturdy product that -- HEY! -- is sensitive enough to get the stations I want. Does not burn though batteries like some.
on May 7, 2017
This radio is awesome. Bought to help pass the time while sitting in the deer blind while hunting. Works great on the fishing boat as well. Works great.
on December 20, 2017
Best reception of any portable radio of the dozens I've ever owned. Living on an Hawaiian Is., that's the number one priority.
on September 2, 2015
I bought this for my wife who loved its portability and the sound quality. She uses it as a kitchen radio while she cooks and found that the sound was quite adequate over the noises of cooking. The speaker is what you'd expect from the size and the headphone reception is much better when you jack your high quality Sennheiser headphones into the handy earphone jack. The radio comes with one of those conical retro mono earphones from long ago. Very good value for the price. I was also able to download the manuals online and throw away the stuff that came in the box.
on September 13, 2017
Great little radio; whether you are going on a fishing trip or as an emergency radio.
on December 26, 2017
An excellent working classic for those times when cell and Internet are both down...