Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

Panasonic RF-P50 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Silver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Style: Without HeadphoneHeadphone|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 17, 2017
I mean, it's a radio, not a supercomputer. It does what radios do.
review image
on December 17, 2017
****UPDATE 2/10/18 - speakers are shot. I keep this radio fairly low, as I use when I'm working, for something in the background, and as I fall asleep. Believe me or not, I have never listened full blast. Not one time. The speakers have been straining to work for about a week, and now pure tin and reverb. This is trash. I took this review down a notch and would select ZERO stars, if possible. ORIGINAL REVIEW ---> Battery life is AWFUL! I have been without tv (my own choice) for about 5 years now and listen to my radio nearly 24/7 (not an exaggeration. It is on all night/day). My prior 'transistor' radio speaker is shot. I had that radio for 27 years. Tonight (Sunday), listening to the Panasonic, of which I had received Tuesday, immediately adding new (Amazon) batteries and running as I had the prior, it died without the slightest indication anything was wrong. I thought it was the station, at first. No. Batteries were dead (I have been using Amazon batteries for months, exclusively). This is AT LEAST a whole week and-a-half short, on average, of what I would usually receive from this brand, or any batteries. Extremely disappointed. Other than the battery life, I enjoy the wide range picked up on both AM and FM frequency. I wanted to love it, but if it continues to eat batteries, it will soon cost me more to keep the power on, than for what I paid. **Forgot to say I was considering buying one for each of my nieces and nephews. I have certainly changed my mind. If I find the battery death was just a glitch, I will update my review.
on June 26, 2017
better than nothing but not much better. static-y, in-out of tuning - antenna makes little difference. bulkier than i expected. an inch thick. wrist strap gets in the way. if you use standard stereo headphones, sound in only one ear. a mono audio adapter fixes this, gives you both ears but not stereo, but who cares about split channels at this level? if you get the jack adapter (audio adapter), a right angle one will minimize the adapter protrusion from the side of the radio. i used to be a big fan of panasonic; now not so much. peace.
on September 13, 2017
I bought this for our emergency kit, we live in Southern California and need to be earthquake ready! I wouldnt say this is the best radio BUT it is absolutely perfect for what our family earthquake kit needed. It played FM radio ch's clearly, AM was a little trickery... ALSO its about location, location, location for this radio and it's clarity! Though it could be where we live that gave us more static, we live in between large hills and have receiption problems for tv antennas due to this... I had to find the "sweet" spot in my house to get a clearer sound.
on November 21, 2015
It is what I expected - a small transistor radio just like I had in the '60s. Mine was made in Indonesia and had warranty papers for Australia/New Zealand only. I cut the annoying strap off since it's in the way of the on/off volume control and really has no practical use. I get a kick out of what others expect from a radio this size and price such as stereo and fine tone. The extendable/retractable antenna does not retract inside the unit but neatly folds into a shallow slot in the back of the unit. Antenna will swivel right and left only in a range of about 225 degrees starting at the bottom of the radio moving up to the left. I consider these type of radios to be fun but disposable after a year or three. Very pleased!
on September 28, 2016
I purchased this for a friend who was seeking a small, portable, silver radio. She is enjoying this immensely. I decided to purchase another one for me that I could keep in my car, in case needed. Then, I purchased 1 more for as a gift to another friend. Panasonic has great name-recognition and makes a quality product. The sound is good - as I compare to Sony radios I have for many years. The price on this portable radio is also very reasonable. Nice, compact and easy-to-use radio; good design; simple and practical but contemporary and appealing!
on February 3, 2016
Hard to tune, reception is mediocre at best and the AM (MW) band in the USA goes up to 1710 Khz, this one goes to 1640 Khz (barely). I collect radios but I would not recommend this one to anyone.
on November 4, 2017
Got this to use during Hurricane Irma. Reception was fine, but when I went to put it away the antenna bent and now it won't fold down. I can tell that if I force it it will break right off, so I was unable to put it away in the box it came in.
Just hope that during the next "emergency" it will still work despite no longer being able to adjust the antenna.
on February 27, 2010
I just bought this little puppy because we recently found ourselves in a power outage and the only DC radios in the house needed "c" sized batteries, which I never keep on hand. So I started looking for a little radio that would run on a couple of AA's, which I buy in bulk and always have on hand. I admit that since I purchased it for emergency use situations, I have only used it once, when it arrived, to check out the sound. I was very pleased with what I heard. My favorite NPR stations came in crisp and clear. This little guy pulled up these stations with much better reception than either of our counter-top radio/CD players. We live quite a distance from the stations and I am just amazed at how clear they come in. I have not tried it on AM because I never listen to AM radio. The controls are easy to use. I did not read the manual at all and was easily able to manage the radio. The antenna only moves swings up and down and does not swivel. I don't expect this to be a problem because the radio is so small, it's easy to turn it around to achieve the same effect as swiveling the antenna.

7/18/14 update
I have been able to use this radio on a couple of occasions during power outages - 1 short and one 3 day long outage. It worked great each time.
on February 21, 2018
Used this to listen to a locally broadcast assembly while just outside the assembly area providing security. Staticky, poor reception. Signal going in and out. Others on security also were listening with their pocket radios with no issue. Dialing manually appears to be the downfall here.