Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I purchased this as an emergency radio for when the power is out. I live in a sparsely populated mountain area. Stations are not plenteous. I was able to receive the specific AM station I desired as well as quite a few FM stations. I would not call this radio adequate for an audiofile. However, it is perfectly adequate to obtain weather or news alerts.

It comes with an ear plug. There is space in the box it comes in to store 2 AA batteries - which is what it takes. This means I can store the batteries with it but not inside it where they can do damage over time.

No fancy gizmo's to fumble with in the dark. AM/FM switch, volume control knob and a tuning knob. That is it.

If all you want from a radio is the ability to tune into a radio station to find out what is going on - this radio is perfect for that.
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I recently purchased a different brand of this old school pocket radio after my cable and internet went down. I realized how this item (which was everywhere); still has a real use and need. I knew that I probably had some clock radios in my garage somewhere; but it was in the middle of the night and I didn’t want to get buried under the endless sea of storage containers. So I purchased two of these great items (Sony and Panasonic). I have left a similar review for the Sony radio... so when I got this one from Panasonic and tried it out; I wanted to give this radio a good review because it is a well made and super portable device that I have missed amongst all the amazing tech phones and devices. I truly miss the days of portable TVs that were so cool and required nothing but batteries. This radio has a great tuner that provides nice volume and clarity from the built in speaker. Plus it came with a single ear (earphone) for the earphone input that will accept any basic earphone design. Super cool gift for all ages; especially for people that grew up with this type of technology; and will almost certainly love this practical nostalgic item.
on December 17, 2017
Battery life is AWFUL! I have been without tv (my own choice) for about 5 years now and listen to my radio nearly 24/7 (not an exaggeration. It is on all night/day). My prior 'transistor' radio speaker is shot. I had that radio for 27 years. Tonight (Sunday), listening to the Panasonic, of which I had received Tuesday, immediately adding new (Amazon) batteries and running as I had the prior, it died without the slightest indication anything was wrong. I thought it was the station, at first. No. Batteries were dead (I have been using Amazon batteries for months, exclusively). This is AT LEAST a whole week and-a-half short, on average, of what I would usually receive from this brand, or any batteries. Extremely disappointed. Other than the battery life, I enjoy the wide range picked up on both AM and FM frequency. I wanted to love it, but if it continues to eat batteries, it will soon cost me more to keep the power on, than for what I paid. **Forgot to say I was considering buying one for each of my nieces and nephews. I have certainly changed my mind. If I find the battery death was just a glitch, I will update my review.
on May 22, 2017
Given as a gift for a nursing home patient. It has made the recipient happy.
on December 3, 2017
The signal is not always the greatest. But I can manage to listen to the programs that I want in the area - while I am detached from electricity.
on October 11, 2017
This is a battery powered radio....and they have limitations. The sound is a little off and it has trouble locking onto stations completely, but is gets the job done.
on November 28, 2017
A very nice simple and reasonably sturdy product that -- HEY! -- is sensitive enough to get the stations I want. Does not burn though batteries like some.
on May 7, 2017
This radio is awesome. Bought to help pass the time while sitting in the deer blind while hunting. Works great on the fishing boat as well. Works great.
on May 30, 2017
I wanted a radio that I could carry around from room to room, and pack into a day bag when I go babysitting. It fills the bill perfectly, good value , small size, and would work well for folks who go camping in remote areas.
on November 19, 2017
It is small, no complicated bells and whistles, perfect for what I bought it for..... PSU football games!