Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 646 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 706 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 30, 2016
I purchased this as an emergency radio for when the power is out. I live in a sparsely populated mountain area. Stations are not plenteous. I was able to receive the specific AM station I desired as well as quite a few FM stations. I would not call this radio adequate for an audiofile. However, it is perfectly adequate to obtain weather or news alerts.

It comes with an ear plug. There is space in the box it comes in to store 2 AA batteries - which is what it takes. This means I can store the batteries with it but not inside it where they can do damage over time.

No fancy gizmo's to fumble with in the dark. AM/FM switch, volume control knob and a tuning knob. That is it.

If all you want from a radio is the ability to tune into a radio station to find out what is going on - this radio is perfect for that.
on June 12, 2016
I've had the radio for 3 years now and really like it for what I use it for, and that is listening to the Royals & K-State games. I also occasionally listen to NPR on it, but it doesn't get much use for music. The speaker works well enough for talk radio or sports broadcasts, but doesn't offer much bottom end. Batteries seem to last forever in it. I've dropped it a few times and it continues to work fine. The three improvements I would suggest to Panasonic are, in order of importance: provide a belt clip (the loop is useful, but the radio must be put in a pocket for hands-free use while mowing/walking the dog), shift ear phone jack to either the top or bottom (might be less of an issue if a belt clip were provided), and modify it so the earphone output is at least dual-mono. As it is, only one ear phone receives the output.

For the price and my intended use, it's a great option.
on July 26, 2016
I Love these "Pocket" Radio's. I hate Ear Buds in my Ears, So I buy these. This Panasonic is MUCH BETTER than other brands. I have had about 10 of this same model. They last about 2 years, then the control knobs go bad and you need a new radio. BUT, $20 for 2 years worth of Great Radio Listening is a pretty good deal to me. Nothing Lasts Forever. Buy it, You'll Like It.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 29, 2015
Good radio at a good price. I have had literally dozens of these walkman-sized radios (the early ones even had casette players). The two brands that served me best were Sony and Panasonic - i still have an old panasonic that's 15 years old and it works fine except for the fact that the battery door broke. In any event this P50 is roughly equivalent to the Sony ICF S10MK2 (@ $16.49@ Amazon at this writing) which I also have. They are roughly equivalent. The Panasonic is ever-so-slightly smaller (e.g., 1/8" lengthwise, 1/16" widthwise) and has rounded edges, but both perform equally well for me. The performance is so similar that I would recommend basing purchasing decision on price alone. In fact that's what I am doing now that my Sony is suffering from normal wear and tear. Note that the earphone jack is MONO only.

I just noticed that Panasonic has discontinued this model (though Amazon still has some in inventory). So by the time you read this the P50 may no longer be available
on June 26, 2017
better than nothing but not much better. static-y, in-out of tuning - antenna makes little difference. bulkier than i expected. an inch thick. wrist strap gets in the way. if you use standard stereo headphones, sound in only one ear. a mono audio adapter fixes this, gives you both ears but not stereo, but who cares about split channels at this level? if you get the jack adapter (audio adapter), a right angle one will minimize the adapter protrusion from the side of the radio. i used to be a big fan of panasonic; now not so much. peace.
on April 18, 2017
I like this radio for what it is. Don't expect to enjoy listening to music through the small speaker. This radio is most useful as an emergency radio and maybe for talk radio or news where you need portability. The radio looks good and feels good in the hand. I think it works best for local and strong stations. I'm glad that I bought it.
on November 21, 2015
It is what I expected - a small transistor radio just like I had in the '60s. Mine was made in Indonesia and had warranty papers for Australia/New Zealand only. I cut the annoying strap off since it's in the way of the on/off volume control and really has no practical use. I get a kick out of what others expect from a radio this size and price such as stereo and fine tone. The extendable/retractable antenna does not retract inside the unit but neatly folds into a shallow slot in the back of the unit. Antenna will swivel right and left only in a range of about 225 degrees starting at the bottom of the radio moving up to the left. I consider these type of radios to be fun but disposable after a year or three. Very pleased!
on April 20, 2017
Good pocket radio if you don't drop it. Broke after the first time it fell from a window sill and hit the floor. My old Sony survived dropping it many times before, after years, it finally gave out, but the Sony is just too expensive now, nevertheless it may turn out to be more cost effective to buy a Sony.
on April 9, 2017
GREAT little radio for the price.

I bought the to be discontinued silver model, as it says it's a simple three button radio. OFF/ON, AM/FM, TUNING, it is not a fancy expensive radio it does NOT EVEN have true stereo but I bought it mainly to listen to occasional sports games and as a backup radio. Michael
on February 3, 2016
Hard to tune, reception is mediocre at best and the AM (MW) band in the USA goes up to 1710 Khz, this one goes to 1640 Khz (barely). I collect radios but I would not recommend this one to anyone.