Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,504 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,794 reviews
on September 24, 2013
I needed a very inexpensive over-ear headphone set for my 5 year old to use at school computer lab. This works well for that. At five samoleans how can you go wrong? And the headband design is easy for him to put on and fits his head okay. But personally as an adult I would not want to use these for music. Overall they sound quite poor, especially on fine acoustic or classical music. Though on lighter fare like pop music, the bass is surprising strong and pleasant. I'm not sure how the bass can be so wonderful, yet the overall fidelity sound like a tinny AM radio. I could probably use these for tasks or as a study aid, like for spoken language lessons, audio books, transcription, listening to lecture recordings - I guess anything but good music.

If you need something cheap and easy to take on and off, and fine to throw in your bag and not worry about losing, these are for you. If you want decent sound, not really.
on September 16, 2015
My favorite in-ear buds died after 3 years and I needed something different. I was tired of stuffing buds into my ears and decided to try these headphones out based on all of the glowing reviews. All I can say is they are just OK.

Pros:
1. Cheap
2. Good sound (bass and treble)
3. Light

Cons:
1. Quiet (need to crank the volume to get sound out)
2. Can easily be overpowered by outside noise in a noisy setting (e.g. public transit bus)
3. Might be too fragile

Overall they sound good but because they are quiet and can get lost in outside noise they don't do me much good.

Would I buy them again? No
Would I recommend them? No
on December 15, 2016
I bought these because I used headphones like these growing up and my good headphones broke. When I put them on they were pretty uncomfortable compared to better headphones. The thing that got me was how low they were, the sound was really bad. I gave them to my 15 yr old daughter and she thought I was joking..lol....but she agreed to try them.....she just laughed and gave them back. So, in the junk drawer they go
on September 17, 2016
Some people complain that the wiring breaks. So far so good with mine. I've been getting frequent ear infections so I'm switching from using ear buds to these lightweight on-ear headphones when listening to instructional videos at work. For this low price don't expect high end sound but they are quite suitable for voice or low volume background music. If you are looking for headphones that provide good sound isolation from external noises look elsewhere. If they last me a year and break, at this price I'll just buy another pair.
on November 12, 2016
Very nice headphones for the price. The only issue I have is that I have to listen to a mono tape player for work, and I can only hear the sound in the left earphone. You can't turn them around to use the other ear because of the design. I've gotten used to it, but I might have chosen a different style if I had known about this in advance.
on October 18, 2015
Perfect headphones for casual use (music, movies, Skype, etc). I've had and used them almost daily for several months, very good sound, they are light and extremely comfortable, just the right amount of pressure on the ears, and foam pads allow ears to "breathe" i.e. they do not sweat like they may under pads made of leather or leather-like material. I had JVC HAS160B before these, and the ultra thin leather-like material covering pads was destroyed very quickly by sweat. So these Panasonic headphones are a much better option.
on August 27, 2012
As media becomes more of a staple of our education system headphones are as common as crayola on our back to school lists. I bought these for our girls K and 2nd grade supply lists because of the great price an reviews. Unbelievably, these headphones made it through an entire year of school and have followed our girls into 1st and 3rd grade! If somehow they make it another year I will update this review but we are blown away by how durable these phones are.

Pros
+ Unbelievably durable, it they can survive a year with a kindergartener they can survive anything
+ Sound is great for the price. Of course there are far better sounding headphones, but at less than $5 the sound is a real achievement
+ Crazy good value
+ Good surface area on top of band perfect for a name label

Cons?
- If the price climbs to $10 then I will try to come up with a con, but at this price, I can't fault these phones at all

These are great phones for the price and perfect for kids, I highly recommend them as do hundreds of other satisfied reviewers
on January 24, 2015
I have tried several different brand headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M30, Sennheiser HD 238, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, Sony MDRPQ2, Monster NCredible NTune.
The sound quality from the best to worst is:
Audio-Technica ATH-M30 - $40
Panasonic RP-HT21 - $8 This product
Monster NCredible NTune - $50
Sennheiser HD 238 - $30
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S -$30
Sony MDRPQ2 - $30

The long hour wearing comfortable ranking is:
Panasonic RP-HT21 - This product
Audio-Technica ATH-M30
Sennheiser HD 238
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Monster NCredible NTune
Sony MDRPQ2

I have bought the second one for my wife to watching video and listening to musing on computer. The only trick is you need to turn the volume up a little more than other small headphone or earphone.
on March 11, 2012
I ordered these headphones because of previous reviews that said that they were great.
I was blown away by these things. Frequency response of 16HZ to22KHZ, I believe it (We can only hear 20HZ to 20KHZ).
Crisp, no crackle highs, and no distorted lows.
With plenty of POWER! I use these for about 6 hours a day, 7 days a week. they are so comfortable that after the first day of use, i forget they are on, and nearly yank my laptop off of the table! Don't let the first fit fool you when you first put them on. They start out snug, but soon you can't feel them. GREAT SOUND low or high volume, and with all styles of music. From Classical, to Hip Hop, to the guitar gods of the classic rock era. (Rest in piece Ronnie Montrose), who passed on last week. I listened to Town Without Pity, and Rock Candy for hours with these. I think the next set will last much longer, because i do a "headphone check" before I get up from my computer. This is another marriage saving feature. You can hear your wife talk to you, and answer her intelligently, not like buds. I just ordered 2 more of them, for UNDER $10.00 delivered (2 day shipping for free. I love Amazon Prime)!
BUY THESE, AND GET AMAZON PRIME!!! The headphones lasted 6months , until my cat ate the wires. (Oh well, live & learn)...
This quality item for under $5.00 each can't be beat...
Amazon Prime paid for itself in about 4 months of 2 day shipping.
Not to mention that the Prime free video service(Free movie & tv shows streaming when you want them, similar to netflix)!
From music to movies, yummy!

Liquid Tusk.
on May 16, 2017
I bought a few pairs of these headphones for my kids a while back. No one really likes them because they don't look very cool, which is true. So I kept them on my nightstand to listen in bed while others slept. As a recording engineer, these are excellent headphones, biggest complaint would be they're harsh in the upper end if you're listening for those things. But in general they're great. The sound is open and it really breaths.

Now I've been looking for a good solution on the treadmill, but I didn't want to spend too much on a pair of earbuds that were exposed to such rough conditions. I figured to try these out, most notably I was worried that they wouldn't stay as I ran at a good clip. Turns out they stayed on - in fact much better than many of the sports earbuds I've tried. They hold onto your head quite tightly, and also the pressure is just so that the drivers stay at a comfortable distance. What's nice is that you don't have to crank the volume, possibly damaging your ears, to get such clear, full range sound.

The only con is that you look like a grandpa or an 80s holdover, track suit not included. If sound and value are most important, and you don't have a big head, you owe it to yourself to at least try a pair.