Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 41-50 of 411 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 432 reviews
on December 6, 2016
CD player skips. Only radio works correctly.
on March 13, 2012
No need to go into all the technical details, the previous reviewers have done that better than I could. I can only add this...I am sure glad I got this while the unit was available...it is better than advertised. The sound quality beats those big boom boxes with huge exterior speakers that I used to have. It is amazing for such a small unit! I just wish I had bought two for when this one wears out!!!
on October 23, 2014
One of the best Boonbox ever. If i could give it a 10 star, i would. Sound is tremdous for such a small Boombox. Plays CD's and Cassettes with great clairity and very good quality. Gave as a Xmas gift and still get thank you's, well worth the money.
on October 7, 2015
Panasonic boombox has worked just fine so far. CD's seem to play well without skipping. Have my fingers crossed that it will continue to be a good experience as have not had good luck with two Sony boomboxes in the past.
on June 29, 2015
Failed after 5 weeks, just outside the Amazon return window. Amazon customer service was no help at all. Refused to take back the item and would not even provide any advice on who to contact for service. As a long time Amazon prime customer, I was very disappointed with their lack of responsibility. I guess Amazon has finally joined the rest of the corporate world in the way they treat their customers. The customer service representative's attitude and response actually surprised me.

Finally found a Panasonic customer service number on the internet and got a service center address that I have to ship to at my expense. Panasonic would not tell me it the item is covered under warranty. Something about their data says the RX-d55 is a 2001 model. Not likely given the MP3 USB port, but at this point I don't have much confidence in either Panasonic or Amazon to make good on a defective product.

I'll update the review if I ever get a response back from Panasonic Service Center.

Update 7/28/15: Panasonic Service Center refuses to repair or replace this model. They claim it is a non-US product and there is no warranty. Panasonic Customer Service doesn't tell you this and tells you to ship it to their service center at your cost of course. Cost me $32 to find out Panasonic will not honor the warranty in the US.
When I told Amazon about the Panasonic warrany issue, they agreed to take the unit back for a refund. To add insult lto injury, Amazon deducted a $28 "restocking fee" from the refund. All in all I'm out about $60 on this mess. So again, my advice is DO NOT BUY THIS!
on October 11, 2015
If still available get it. Can be hooked up and do just about anything. These types of boom-boxes are not around anymore. With a "cassette" player---get them while you can. Excellent Electronic Brand.
on October 15, 2011
Very pleased with this purchase. You do not have to buy anything at all to make it work in the United States, as a matter of fact the US plug adapter was already on the cord straight out of the box. Didn't have to do a thing. You also do not have to fool with any of the settings to make it function correctly for the US. Mine came with a sticker that said it had been preset to US specs. The sound is FANTASTIC. The only complaint I have is the cord is on the short side, but that's easily remedied with an extension cord. I could not be happier with this unit and highly recommend it to others.
on February 14, 2017
The radio does not pick up radio stations as expected.
on July 6, 2016
Excellent sound for a small player. The sound virtualizer option really makes this sound like the music is playing live in my room. It's got a lot of features, great sound, and a good remote control. I only wish this could play multiple DVDs, but am just happy to still be able to find something that includes a cassette player and DVD, as well as the radio and USB port. I'm a professional musician, so my music collection includes a wide variety of media and this player makes it possible for me to listen to all of them.
on April 26, 2015
After reading reviews on many different boom boxes, I decided on this one. I'm glad I did. It has great sound that even impresses my picky musician husband. It's not a replacement for a component stereo system by any means, but it does the job for out on the patio, or in the living room/kitchen when I'm cooking. It's great to be able to hear my old mix tapes from the 80's again!