Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 31, 2007
I needed a small but powerful 7.1 channel receiver with HDMI connections for home theater and music listening. At first, I was a bit skeptical of the pure digital power system, but I thought at this price point it was worth a shot considering the excellent reviews I had read from big names in the "audiophile" world.

The SA-XR700 works beautifully with my samsung HL-T5087S (50" DLP TV) and BD-P1200 (Blu-ray player), as well as the HD digital cable. It's powering JBL Studio L-Series speakers, and it's a superb speaker/receiver combination thanks to the bi-wire/bi-amp/dual-amp/triple-amp features that allow me to fully exploit my massive L890 floorstanding speakers. This feature allows you to direct power from the surround sound channels to your main speaker channels.

Since this receiver is 7.1 and most movies are still 5.1, you can even use the power from those extra 2 channels to send more power to your front speakers. This feature is extremely practical for someone like me who uses front speakers which each have dual 8" woofers and demand a lot of power.

With regard to the sound signature of this receiver, I would say it's as true to the original recording as I have heard. Some people, who are accustomed to the warmth of tube amps, may find this overall sound a bit bright or, dare I say, revealing.
on June 3, 2007
I bought this with the blu-ray player and I must say it's fantastic when linked with the Panasonic tv and BD. One remote turns on the tv and BD and you can control everything with one remote. If you are watching dbs and turn on the BD, the receiver automatcally changes the source to BD. I have noticed that it gets really hot. So make sure you have enough ventilation. I wouldn't put anything directly on top of the unit if I were you. One last thing, when you turn off the receiver it turns of the tv and BD player.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 10, 2007
It doesn't have as many inputs as other receivers, but it works.
One thing it can't do is display a digital video source, and play an analog audio source, that is very useful.

Otherwise, it does the rest of it's job well.
on September 25, 2007
Awesome! Great crisp sound, easy to use, and simple but sharp looking. I have it grouped with Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD10AK, a Panasonic 42" plasma, and HD Directv for a very slick setup. A grand slam.
on October 18, 2007
I found this receiver after searching for a slim unit for my TV stand very narrow shelves. I went in search of a unit that would replace a BOSE system I previously had in my old house (speakers stayed at my old house). I was looking for a 7.1 ch, with HDMI output and came across this Panasonic receiver, not too enthusiastic about this brand, but after a lot and I mean a lot of research and excellent reviews, I finally took the plunge. Dude, this baby rocks! Once you have the unit setup with personal settings (bass/treble/surround level/effects...etc) you will be amazed at the quality! This system will spoil you, every other system now sounds like crap. I used to love my BOSE and Lexus premium sound systems, but I guess I didn't know any better. The posted picture doesn't do justice either, once is on, you will see blue lights coming out of the mirror front panel, very cool! 4 stars because the only item on my wish list is a headphone jack, but not enough to switch to a lesser quality receiver. Just remember to pair this with good speakers; I have my mine with Polk in wall and woofer. Highly recomdended!Panasonic SA-XR700 - Av Receiver - 7.1 Channel
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 19, 2008
I picked one of these up to replace my NAD T762 while it was in the shop. I had been keeping my eyes open for one of the digital amp Panny's (SA XR 57, or this) as a temporary hold until the NAD came back. Well, the NAD is back and the Panny is still running my Axiom epic 60 surround sound package 2 months later. Clear, crisp sound. Effortless power. The automated set-up with the included microphone for the speaker levels and delays is a great feature. It's a keeper.
on June 26, 2007
superb sound, for this price you can have the quality of the legendary AV-1 of Yamaha. simple back nothing much to figet around.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.