Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,457 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,990 reviews
on December 6, 2016
Purchased the bread maker in June 2016. Worked great until Dec. 4 2016. And I just found out what a nightmare the Panasonic customer service is.

They are not easy to contact via phone. Automated voice on the line states that if product is in warranty you are entitled to a FREE customer representative call, otherwise you have to pay $9.99 for the honor to talk to them! This was of no help as after this announcement they said goodbye and the call was disconnected. At least they offered a free chat on their website which I used.

The customer representatives told me that I have to ship the machine to their service center. They have only ONE service center in Texas for the whole US. And shipping would cost me about $50. And there is no guarantee that after repair I would not have the same problem again.

This is not what I expected from Panasonic and I will never buy a product that might fail from them again. Instead of shipping the broken one for $50, I bought Oster bread maker for $60.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2014
I've had this bread maker for 2 years now. I generally make one loaf of bread a week, and this unit has not given me any problems to date. Included with the unit is a recipe guide for multiple types of bread, pizza doughs, and pastries. Measurements are given for three different sizes, so you can pick how large you want the loaf depending if it is for a few people or for a larger gathering. The unit has settings for different types of bread, size, and how dark you want the crust, so there is no guess work involved. The timer can be set for up to 13 hours, so you can set it the night before and wake up to a hot fresh loaf of bread. There is also an option to double the yeast to make a loaf faster than the 4 hours that is required for a standard loaf.

For those that plan on making bread often, definitely buy a 25 lb bag of bread flour and a 2 lb bag of yeast, it will save alot of money in the long term. I believe ingredients came out to 60-70 cents per loaf. Since there are no preservatives, bread is best within the first 3-4 days but can last just over a week.
55 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2016
This machine does NOT have a sweet bread setting.. my favorite recipe is Portuguese Sweet Bread... It took a little experimenting but I finally perfected the recipe. I put the machine on Basic, Medium Loaf, and set the crust to light....came out perfect. When I first got it, .. it burned the crust on this recipe. (I had it set to medium for the crust) was going to return because I thought it was defective but I made the recipe from their book for white bread and it came out perfect so I tried my recipe again using the Light setting for the crust and it came out perfect. I like experimenting with different flours so I also made a loaf with half white flour and half wheat flour with caraway seeds. The first one was too brown on the medium crust setting but second with Light crust came out perfect. I used the Basic and medium size loaf with this bread also. Am glad I purchased this machine.. am looking forward to making cinnamon raisin bread for my grand kids. Love the smell of baking bread.
UPDATE: 03/17 .... I am not sure what the problem is but all of a sudden my bread is not turning out... I have been using the same recipe but now the bread is only about three inches tall... Yes I figured maybe my yeast was too old so I bought new... ( bread machine yeast) .... still having problems.. So I have now bought new bread flour.. but honestly the flour I have is only about three months old... I think the yeast dispenser is not working properly.. My daughter bought me a new bread machine for Mother's day so this one is going to goodwill..
review image
on May 30, 2015
Nom, nom, nom!! Let me start by saying that before I got this bread maker, I sucked at making bread. I bought this bread maker about 2 months ago, and now I make bread all the time.

I used it to make pizza dough, and my husband and son don't even want to order takeout anymore. I made a braided raisin loaf, and my dad took one bite and said it was much better than store bought. I've made sandwich bread, and my son came home from school and said it was delicious. (I hadn't even asked him!)

If you are just making a loaf, it is super easy. Just throw in your ingredients (you don't even have to stir them), put the yeast in the yeast dispenser, set the program, and walk away. It does the rest -- kneads the dough, lets it rise, and bakes. Depending on what you are making, you can choose the size of the loaf and you can set the darkness of the crust. It has programs for basic bread, whole wheat, multigrain, and french. It also has a program where, if you are making raisin bread, it pauses for you to add the raisins.

Most programs take 4 or 5 hours or so, but there is also a quick bake program that takes only 2-3 hours. I used quick bake for a basic white bread and found there wasn't much difference in how it tasted when compared to the regular bake. Also, for some cooking programs, there is a timer so you can put the ingredients in and set the bread to be done at a specific time -- such as in time for dinner or breakfast.

There's also a program for just making regular dough and pizza dough. I've used the basic dough program to make hamburger rolls.

There's also a cook-only program for things like quick breads, but I don't really see the point in using that when I can just as easily use my oven.

So far, for the most part, I've followed the recipes that came with it. The recipes list both volume and weight measurements for measuring the flour and the liquid. I use my kitchen scale to measure because the company said that weight is more accurate then volume (ie. the measuring cup).

I would love to give it 5 stars, but cleaning it can be a little annoying. The cooking bowl is not dishwasher safe. You aren't even supposed to submerse it. Also, it can be a little difficult to make sure everything gets clean underneath the mixing blade. There is a round seam there that just wants to trap tiny bits of the dough.

All in all, I'm having a good time with my bread machine.
on December 10, 2016
I have never baked anything before, either in an oven or using a machine, but on the first day I baked a carrot spice bread which came out perfect. I started it in the evening and set it to finish just in time for breakfast.

Then I baked whole-wheat, French, nut brand, peanut sesame, whole-wheat herb, white raisin, whole-wheat raisin, walnut cinnamon and rye with onions and sesame. The results were delicious. Apparently the secret is to follow the recipes precisely. Recommendation: do not leave God's good earth without having tasted freshly baked rye with onions and sesame seeds.

One problem was a misprint in the instruction manual, which required some heavy thinking and some wasted time to clarify. Step 7 on page 8 says “Press select to choose the type of bread indicated on the right of the display.” It should have read “Press MENU to choose the type of bread indicated on the right of the display.” Also, If you make the medium size loaf of peanut sesame, put in 1/8 of a cup of sesame seeds, not 1 1/8, which is an absurd amount. There may be other errors, so be prudent. This is a pity, because the manual is beautifully written otherwise.

But the important thing is that the machine is brilliantly designed and the recipes make delicious bread.
on September 12, 2016
I have made Great bread for over 13 years for myself, children, grandchildren, and occasionally for friends. Each loaf is easily cut into slices as needed and is soft, with a soft crust, and not crumbly. Correction: the kids now make all the bread. The 12-year-old grandson who now lives with me makes all the bread. We purchase organic whole grain winter wheat berries (50 lb bag from Whole Foods, then stored at the house in 1 gal. Ziplock bags. We grind the berries using the WonderMill Grain Mill (110v). One hour and 55 minutes is the cooking time required for one loaf. Recipe: 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, water, and 1 teaspoon of Fleischmann's BreadMachine Yeast. I estimate we save enough money every year or year and a half to pay for both the grinder and bread maker - - over and over, at least 8 times in 13 years. Remarkable financial investment, plus we never run out of bread, and there are no chemicals or preservatives. It's so nourishing and filling you can eat less and lose weight with this bread.
on June 13, 2017
Have been making two to three loaves of bread weekly since early March, 2017 and can say that this machine is great. I haven't made any loaf except the french or basic sandwich loaf, but both are quite tasty. I did try a bread machine mix for multi-grain bread, but it was dry and really not worth the money. It's just so much cheaper to buy the ingredients and then follow a recipe. Yes, the machine is loud when kneading, but not generally a problem. I have a Formica counter top and the machine has never moved so I don't have to worry about it "walking" off the counter thankfully. There are only 2 of us so we occasionally usually throw away some of a loaf, but I wanted the option of making larger loaves when we have company. I have made bread pudding out of leftovers, but there is a limit to how much of that we can eat, too.

If definitely like that the kneading blade stays with the machine when I remove the loaf. It is an easy machine to clean even though the loaf pan cannot be immersed in water. It has a non-stick surface that is easy to clean and the blade can be soaked for a little while in order to take out and clean. The yeast dispenser does need to be cleaned out after every use because there is condensation in the dispenser when the bread is done so that can be a little sticky. I use a small brush to be sure the opening is cleaned out while I hold the underside rubber stopper open. You can check that the stopper is moving freely by pushing in the button on the right side of the lid. That part of the machine is purely mechanical, so easy to test and clean.

My only complaint is that it is impossible to change the settings once you program it. I accidentally hit the wrong setting one night when I was trying to set it up to be done in the morning and then compounded that by hitting start! I couldn't find any way to change the setting including unplugging it. Maybe I just needed to leave it unplugged longer, but it was late and I didn't think of that. I have to say that the loaf came out fine even though I used the wrong settings, but an undo button would be nice.
on April 25, 2015
I bought this same bread machine in 1982 (no this is not a typo). It lasted me all these years - and probably made thousands of loaves. I used it for making dough a lot more than for cooking. It started to make a squeaking noise when kneading so I decided to buy a new one. I was surprised that the same machine still even existed, and decided to get it. Of course it has more features and will make a bigger loaf, but it really isn't that different from the old one. I struggled a little bit with learning how to use the features, but I think I have it figured out. I've only made two loaves so far. As far as I can tell it's as good of a machine as the old one. I'm giving it five stars mainly because the last one lasted over 20 years. I need time to use this and try the different features to give a true opinion. For example, options are different crust colors, different sizes, different types of bread such as whole wheat, french, and raisin - and there is rapid rise or regular. You cannot use all options with all types. I am not sure why. The book with it is good and has a lot of recipes.
on February 18, 2016
I had the original made in Japan Panasonic bread maker for 20+ years. I replaced it with this made in China version. The reviews made me think twice as there were many reviews where the product stopped working very soon after purchase. However, these reviews were nearly a year old. I thought a year was ample time to get quality control issues resolved. WRONG. My machine made ONE loaf of bread and after that the machine mixing / kneading cycle quit working. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!
on January 2, 2017
I have purchased this machine 2 times over the past 10 years. I think it makes good bread fairly consistently. I typically make 100% whole wheat. My complaint is that it doesn't last more than 2- 3 years or so. Somehow, something stops working. Currently, the bake cycle malfunctions, and this beautiful raised loaf doesn't cook right and ends up a big hard lump. It seems something similar happened to the first one I had also. And one more complaint is the 45-60 minute long rest cycle that is automatically built into the machine, (except on rapid bake), before it even starts to mix anything. I think this is totally unnecessary and wastes a lot of time. I do like that it seems heavy duty enough to knead heavier doughs like all whole wheat. The Oster was weak at this, and I had to help it mix right with my hands helping to scrape the pan sides to include it all. Now I am again looking for a replacement, but haven't decided yet.