Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on March 21, 2013
I know rice cookers, have owned a few over the years. If you want one that last for a while, don't buy this. The pot lasted barely a year and the non-stick coating was coming off. We never used metal spoons or abrasive sponges. On the other hand, the cooker was still working. We used it to cook brown rice. My experience is, the rice cooker doesn't matter as much as the type of brown rice (long grain, short grain, jasmine, etc) and how much water to put. So don't be too quick to blame the rice cooker if the rice doesn't turn out as good as your friends'.
on April 16, 2015
I bought it in 2008 but I didn't use it. Some of friends have this product & their wives are using it everyday. They are happy with it.
on November 13, 2008
This rice cooker does the job. However I find it too big if you're cooking for one or two people - the minimum suggested amount of rice is 4 uncooked cups - that's a LOT of rice. I just ignore the minimum and go with 2 cups anyway, but it can overcook the rice and you end up getting more of a crust at the bottom. I personally should have bought a more compact unit. The non-stick surface is good.
on October 2, 2012
Great electric rice cooker. Cooks fast. However if around, I recommend to pull the power chord as the keep warm mode (it goes to when done) has a notch higher temperature. This higher temp flakes the bottom portion of the cooked rice thus making it a little crusty to eat.
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2007
I don't have any complaints about this rice cooker. I've had it 3 months now. It is nice it has a keep warm function. And I like the slot to stick the rice scoop. The bottom of my rice is brown sometimes, but it depends on how exact I measure the water. It is also very easy to clean. I have not used the steamer insert so can not comment on it.
on December 3, 2007
Bought this rice cooker to replace my old one a month ago. It have been working well so far, does everything it is expected to do. The only thing I don't like is that when the water is boiled too much steam erupt with some water, makes a mess. Considering the price, it is a good buy!
on June 4, 2009
I loaned this to a local shelter for a month. They used it for dinner preparation every night, multiple times a night. It never skipped a beat and still performs like a champs a year later for me.
Recommended.
on July 10, 2006
I have an older rice cooker from panasonic. Its made of aluminium & is pain to clean after cooking. This one has a non-stick pan & works GREAT !! It comes with a spatula to serve rice & a measuring cup. Overall, A good buy for the price paid.
on November 10, 2006
It does the job, cook my sushi rice perfectly and no burn. So much better than my old black and decker.
on January 3, 2007
It worked well, been 6 months now, no problems yet. I recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.