Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic SR-TEG18 10-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker/Warmer/Steamer with Domed Lid
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on August 17, 2009
I was kind of skeptical in ordering this rice cooker because I have had a National Brand Rice Cooker for over 20+ years and it finally gave out. When I researched that Panasonic had bought out National, I thought that I would give it a try and I'm glad that I did. It cooks the rice perfectly and I like that it keeps the rice warm for up to 12 hours. It is very easy to use and cleaning is a breeze. This is the best purchase that I have made all year. I would highly recommend.
on October 7, 2009
If you are looking for a rice cooker just to cook rice, buy this. Do not buy those fancy ones which is more expensive and takes 1 hr to cook the rice. I bought this cooker as a replacement for the old one I have because the membrane of the container is wearing out. Thumbs up on this. NOTE: before I made the purchase, I was thinking if I should buy the rice cooker with the multi functions. After speaking with some friends(they have those), their feedback help me to make this right choise. PS:I am Asian so I have rice everyday. My American husband is eating rice too. :) JC.
on February 18, 2009
This is a very nice rice cooker and an excellent value. Unlike other rice cookers in the same price range, this cooker does as well with jasmine, calrose, basmati and brown rice as it does with white rice. No one likes mushy or crunchy rice, especially Kitchen Monkey Boy. Not a problem with this cooker.
It's definitely not the same quality as the high end cookers, but hey, you didn't pay $200 for it either. Shut up and eat your nummy rice!

Kitchen Monkey Boy gives it 4 bananas.
on August 1, 2007
I actually did a lot of research before buying this, and it really paid off. This is a great, simple rice cooker / warmer that does exactly what you want it to do - make great rice every time.
on September 7, 2010
I had a national brand rice cooker that sustained a life threatening fall. So I had to replace it (I believe a rice cooker is truly the best invention since sliced bread). Also the rice cookers with separate glass tops, do nothing for me. So I searched Amazon and found this model. I ordered it. Shipping was fast enough for me. This model works as well as the National brand model that I had, so I am quite happy with it.

So if yo are looking for a simple rice cooker (turn on and forget it) this is the one you want.
on October 17, 2010
Coming from a Chinese family, this rice cooker does the job right. Rice is cooked in 20 mins, vs 45 mins, a record (long) time held by the Sanyo rice cooker I used to own.

The plastic steam basket, given the size of the rice cooker, is small. It's good for 3-4 buns.

The only point that keeps me from rating it 5 stars, is the top lid, which is hard to clean.
on August 29, 2011
Overall this rice cooker is doing the job. I just don't like cleaning up afterwards. The steam coming out of the lid can make a mess. I have to clean it up everytime. I would recommend a different brand or model that can cook rice without additional work.
on February 9, 2013
If you like simple products with very few bells and whistles that get the job done, this is the rice cooker for you! It doesn't have a timer or anything so you have to set it manually when you want it to begin cooking, but all you do is measure out the rice and water, click the button down, and wait for your rice to cook. It's that easy! As long as we've measured right (make sure you take into account if you're using something other than typical white rice), the rice comes out great every time. Probably the best feature is the retractable cord, which makes storage a breeze. Very satisfied and glad I didn't spend 300 bucks on a more high-end model.
on February 28, 2014
I bought this to replace a fuzzy logic Zojirushi. The "smart cookers' take too long. This one takes about 20 minutes. The Smart cookers try to minimize or eliminate the little bit of browning at the bottom. I love that and missed it with the "expensive" cooker. i like the retractable cord. My complaints: the inner lid is not removable and harder to clean; the rice paddle holder only works with a few paddles; the keep warm feature kicks in whenever plugged in so don't plug it in until you're ready to cook.I've had problems using it with an outlet timer, the cook button seems to disengage when the power comes on.

UP DATE EDIT
I gave up on this model and purchased the Zojirushi NS RNC18A instead. My initial complaint turns put to be a major flaw under certain circumstances. I cooked a 1/2 pot (5 cup) load but inadvertently added too much water. It ended up boiling over (as it used to using the stove top method) but because you cannot remove the inner lid an off odor developed and after many attempts to remedy the problem I gave up. There is no easy way to disassemble the top to clean it thoroughly. The Zojirushi has an inner lid to cover the pot that has a silicone grommet to remove and clean it. The lid has a sealed aluminum plate that can easily be wiped clean. Otherwise they are nearly identical and can be purchased for about the same price. I now recommend the Zojirushi.
on August 28, 2009
absolutely perfect rice, Indian or Chinese, every time. I was glad for the tips about rinsing rice first, and letting it stand 15 minutes. I couldn't not burn rice on the stovetop for 30 years, and now I'm the rice queen. thaks Panasonic, I read all the reviews thoroughly before I chose this one.