- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Panasonic TC-P50V10 50-inch VIERA 1080p Plasma HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed to network, your plasma is internet-capable with VIERA Cast
- Smooth images and brilliant colors are a given.
- The V10-series boasts a 1080p Neo PDP infinite black panel with a 40,000:1
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
- Brand Name: Panasonic
- Model Number: TC-P50V10
- Display Technology: plasma
- Display Size: 50 inches
- Speaker Count: 2
The V10 Series Plasma takes advantage of newly-developed NeoPDP technology, featuring a sleek thin profile and superb levels of brightness and contrast for industry-leading image quality. Designed for the discerning home viewer, the V10 Series meets the strict image quality and engineering standards required to receive the prestigious THX certification, and reproduces the maximum 1080 lines of moving image resolution with accurate color and luminance levels.
Amazon Instant Video
Watch Amazon Instant Video on This Device
- Choose from over 90,000 movies and TV shows, with thousands available in HD
- Purchase or rent the latest new release movies and TV shows
- Start a one-month free trial of Amazon Prime and get unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of more than 5,000 movies and TV shows
- Begin watching instantly - no waiting for a download
- Pause, fast-forward, rewind, or watch it over again - just like a DVD
Top Customer Reviews
The picture quality is fine. I do not necessarily notice the color distortion spoken of in the reviews although I have not yet viewed a BluRay but I have downloaded HD movies and played them. I am somewhere between an casual viewer and a videophile. The connectivity is great; I am using all HDMI and Digital Optical (buy these through Amazon - the local stores charge and arm and a leg!) The menus are easy to use and the set up was pretty easy. The antireflection coating works quite well IMO. I have only one complaint but this is probably universal with antireflection coated screens; that coating is DELICATE. I managed to scratch mine and a replacement glass is $930 + shipping and install and its not currently available anyway. So Be Careful! The audio through the TV is OK for internal speakers.
Overall I am very happy with this TV and recommend it highly.
I live in a one bedroom apt and the tv and its sound is perfect for the living room despite some people worrying about it. I tried listening for the fans, I couldnt hear them. The ability to purchase amazon dvd's and bluerays online from the tv and access to youtube is cool although I use the latter rarely.
I also just bought a ps3 slim and you can control it using this tv's controller using the viera link button and allowing for the link in the slim. That for me is probably the best thing about either the slim or this tv...not having to worry about that awful ps3 remote. I bought from wholesale av and they were good without any complaints, but any of the online sites are probably comprable. I wouldnt buy from best buy or any bricks and mortar store as you pay so much for nothing extra.
I was worried about spending [...] bucks on this but I am glad I did. I am not a tech junkie so I will likely have this for another 5 years or so and right now I am very happy with that. My only worry is that my electricity bill went from [...] dollars a month to [...]. Small price to pay for this excellent tv.
The set worked great for the first 1000 hrs. Then, the infamous black level hit. Google it and find out for yourself.
I'm not sure if the 2011 line up has Kuro tech and/or some other tech that will not ramp the initialization voltage like it does for this set. Doing that increases the MLL (min luminance) and affects your (real) contrast as perceived by the eye.
Panny came out with some stupid infinite black nonsense. This only worked in vivid mode and if no pixel was being addressed. Only then would the entire screen turn off.
The plus with Panny is they build very reliable products that do not fail (stop working). The newer sets seem pretty good. However, unless there are enough data points with actual consumer usage, I'd be wary of initial reviews. Many of us who got the 50" got burned. I think the 54" and larger sizes seemed to exhibit less of the black level issue.