- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Panasonic TC-P65VT25 65" Class Viera VT25 Series Full HD 3D Ready Plasma HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One Pair of 3D Eyewear Included
- FULL HD 3D - Full HD 3D puts you inside the action and creates a new world of TV viewing realism
- VIERA CAST WIFI With SKYPE Capabilities - Enjoy great Web entertainment and cutting-edge communication on your HDTV
- INFINITE BLACK PRO PANEL with 5,000,000 - 1 NATIVE CONTRAST - New phosphor technology produces deep blacks and vivid images with minimal reflection
- THX CERTIFIED DISPLAY - Experience true theater in your own home.
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Step into the 3D World. The VIERA VT25 Series Full HD 3D Plasmas create an all new viewing experience by putting you inside the action and creating a new world of TV viewing realism.
The technology in which the left-eye and right-eye 3D images are sent to the viewer is key to the 3D image quality. For this, Full HD 3D uses something called Frame Sequential technology. First, the plasma display panel, which has a number of inherent advantages for moving picture resolution, was further advanced to allow images for each of the left and right eyes to be alternately reproduced at the rate of 60 frames per second (fps), making a total fps for both eyes. Viewers watch the images through high-precision 3D Eyewear, which open and close the left and right shutters in synchronization with the alternating images. As a result, a separate 1920 x 1080 full-HD image is sent to each eye. This addresses the image quality problems and blurring that were common to previous 3D systems, and creates sharp, crisp 3D images.
600Hz Sub-field Drive VIERA Image Viewer Photo and Video VIERA Link Connectivity with Network Camera 2 USB Ports and PC Input 24p Cinematic Playback ENERGY STAR 4.0Specifications Screen Size - 65 Class (64.7 diagonal) Contrast Ratio - Infinite Black Pro/5,000,000 - 1 Native Aspect Ratio - 16 - 9 Native Resolution (Number of Pixels) - 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080) Moving Picture Resolution - 1080 lines Shades of Gradation - 6,144 equivalent HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p) - Yes EDTV Display Capability (480p) - Yes Other Features - Full HD 3D, AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter, 600Hz Sub-field Drive, 24p Cinematic Playback, 24p Playback(2 - 3), Deep Color, x.v.Color, Pro Setting, THX Mode, ISFccc, 3D Color Management, Sub Pixel Control Speakers - Woofer x 1, Full-range x 2 (L, R) 30 W Inputs/Outputs - 4 x HDMI in, 2 x composite video in with audio, VGA,
Top customer reviews
1) Great vivid picture. Fast refresh for basketball, etc.
2) Very wide viewing angles.
3) 3D works remarkably well, although is (obviously) dependendent
on great 3D rendering by producers.
4) Extra connections to YouTube, Netflix, etc. are handy. Home
network hookup was simple.
5) We use external sound, so cannot comment on the sound.
1) Gives off lots of heat.
2) Benefits from [expensive] third-party technician adjustments,
but that's true of most of these TVs out of the box.
3) 3D glasses are fairly fragile [and expensive to replace].
As background, I have the system set up with a home theater PC. I do not use the available Viera Cast applications much since my computer is networked and I can run Netflix and Media Center applications directly from the PC. However, the Viera Cast applications work well and are predictable. For those who are interested in exploring the benefits of a home theater PC, the viewing of 3D video requires some home work. You should purchase a blu-ray player with at least 4X speed or higher in one of the PC disk drive bays. I am using a gaming system PC with a nVidia GTX460 video card with HMDI output and Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Mark II to handle the video requirements of 3D blu-ray video. It can also take some work to get the drivers working, but currently the latest drivers as of this review include the nVidia 3D TV play software required to handled the 3D video signal and automatically sync with the 3D glasses. The system includes a rebate for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Coraline to demonstrate the 3D function. Additionally, the system setup required me to set the display to option 2 under settings in order to avoid cropping of the signal sent from the computer video card. I have also viewed the Avatar trailer in 3D on the system and it is comparable to the movie theater experience.
Alternatively, you can purchase a Blu-ray 3D player by Panasonic for viewing 3D Blu-rays and completely bypass the technical aspects required with a home theater PC.
The only minor issues I had were mounting of the TV to the wall and the comfort of the glasses. The glasses are bulky and not very comfortable. They are too large for kids, and even some adults. The image quality is fine, but the comfort is not so great. (I also do not like the Samsung glasses much better). I have purchased Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses from Amazon for 3D viewing on the TV and they work great for adults and kids. As for the mounting, the TV weighs over 100 lbs. I purchased a universal mounting bracket for a TV of this size, but the power cord is too close to where the mounting bracket sits on the back. This limited my ability to center the TV on the wall and is off-center by a couple inches. Perhaps if I had purchased the Panasonic mounting bracket this issue would not have occurred. You will of course want to install the mounting supports into studs. I would not recommend mounting to a concrete wall with concrete screws or mounting to drywall unless the studs are located with a stud finder.
Recently, Panasonic is offering a rebate for Avatar 3D blu-ray.
Picture Quality: 5/5
Glasses Comfort: 3/5